G&A

*** K-3 May and June 2007 Filers ***

2,023 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Ok, just received the NOA2's in the mail for both the I-129f and the I-130, so we were approved for both of them but only the I-130 shows up as being approved on the website....another call to USCIS tomorrow apparently! Just thought I'd share the good news.....

That's great news :thumbs: So now we know that USCIS are either not updating their site at all, or are partially updating. The mind boggles.

I'm beginning to wonder if their customer service department is using the USCIS website to quote current case statuses... it might explain why they don't know cases are approved. Even if they don't use it, I think their information might be updated at the same time as the website (one peice of info updates both?)

My senator talked to VSC about my case on Thursday and there have been no touches on the website at all. One would think THAT would generate a touch.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
amor vincit omnia

(L)(L) Love conquers all (latin)(L) (L)

I'll probably get this tattooed on me before this is all over.

Hope somthing positive comes out of this. I wish you all the luck.........

GA thanks for the update....

My Honey , Mellisa, Faith, Nerdette, GoGo and all others ... hope we have a better week !

For those approvls this week CONGRATULATIONS !

I am traveling and won t be home to check the Snail mail until Nov 30 so I am counting on the website update.

Married Wendy (Dominican) in Aruba

Filed at CSC

Embassy Caracas

Form 1-130

----------------

4/30/2007 I-130 Sent

5/23/2007 I-130 (NOA1) Received

12/13/2007 Approved - Total 231 Days

Form 1-129F

----------------

5/26/2007 I-129F Sent

6/28/2007 I-129F (NOA1)

7/12/2007 Case transferred to California Service Center

7/17/2007 Case received and pending at CSC

12/13/2007 Approved - Total 199 Days

After Approval (Estimated 3 Months to Interview)

----------------

NVC Received : Jan 10, 2008

NVC Left : Jan 14, 2008

Consulate Received : Jan 16, 2008

Packet 3 Received : Sent Embassy an email on Jan 18 telling that I had all the forms listed on their website complete

Packet 3 Sent : Received on email from Embassy on Jan 24 with interview date

Packet 4 Received : No Packet 4

Interview Date : Feb 28, 2008

Visa Received : Feb 29, 2008

US Entry : Feb 29, 2008

Form 1-485 and EAD

----------------

4/14/2008 I-485 Sent

4/21/2008 I-485 (NOA1)

5/15/2008 Biometric Appt

FIRST.. congratulation for the recent approved cases, you brought a hope to all of us

As I said before, the cases in USCIS are in I-129F's date order, and there is many reasons why

1- The pattern, people who submit the I-130 late but they were quick on sending the I-129F got approved

Example :

- if someone have sent their I-130 on 05-01-07 then send the I-129F on 07-01-07

- if someone else have sent their I-130 on 05-25-07 and sent their I-129F on 06-15-07

- the second person will get approved before the first, even if the first person was first on the I-130

in short, right now your date for I-129F is what matter, regardless of when you have sent your I-130

2- USCIS observed that most applicant go with the K3 visa then the I-130, because K3 goes faster, so it make sense to them to work on the K3 and pay less attention to the I-130, even if they approve them together, they do that just to not keep the I-130 in a black whole.

So for everybody that waited a month and more before they sent their I-129F because they were waiting for the I-130 NOA1 due to USCIS's system problem... we are paying the price, it may seem to be not fair, but we didn't take our chances and risk it a little and send the I-129F with the available documents at the time, GOOD call for those who took the risk and sent off the I-129F,

[...Life without my WIFE... Like fifty without FIVE...=0]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

FIRST.. congratulation for the recent approved cases, you brought a hope to all of us

As I said before, the cases in USCIS are in I-129F's date order, and there is many reasons why

1- The pattern, people who submit the I-130 late but they were quick on sending the I-129F got approved

Example :

- if someone else have sent their I-130 on 05-25-07 and sent their I-129F on 06-15-07

- the second person will get approved before the first, even if the first person was first on the I-130

in short, right now your date for I-129F is what matter, regardless of when you have sent your I-130

2- USCIS observed that most applicant go with the K3 visa then the I-130, because K3 goes faster, so it make sense to them to work on the K3 and pay less attention to the I-130, even if they approve them together, they do that just to not keep the I-130 in a black whole.

So for everybody that waited a month and more before they sent their I-129F because they were waiting for the I-130 NOA1 due to USCIS's system problem... we are paying the price, it may seem to be not fair, but we didn't take our chances and risk it a little and send the I-129F with the available documents at the time, GOOD call for those who took the risk and sent off the I-129F,

You're right, they don't seem to be basing it on the receipt date for the I-130 but for the I-129F but that still doesn't mean they are taking them in the order in which they were received. There are quite a few people that sent in their I-129F's after me that have already been approved.. some have been approved for a month already and I'm still waiting. I'm not the only person in that boat either. The same people I'm talking about also sent in their I-130s after me. They do not take them in date order.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wintime,

I wish you were wrong, but your theory actually makes sense, and what is even more important, it seems to agree on the current approval dates. Man! I used some lawyer for this process and they took almost three months in sending the I-129F. It seems now I am paying the price.

I am already finding approvals for mid-June I-130 filers. AAAhhhmmmm..... I know, I know... patience.

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

FYI: The new Wiki Section may help you guys track things. You can create a page for your info where everyone can make changes in real time :).

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Example :

You're right, they don't seem to be basing it on the receipt date for the I-130 but for the I-129F but that still doesn't mean they are taking them in the order in which they were received. There are quite a few people that sent in their I-129F's after me that have already been approved.. some have been approved for a month already and I'm still waiting. I'm not the only person in that boat either. The same people I'm talking about also sent in their I-130s after me. They do not take them in date order.

I'm still waiting too.. not sure what method CSC is using..but I don't think its going completely by NOA1 for I129 or I130.. maybe petitions were divided into teams.. and the team that got mine is sloooooooow :hehe: . I'm frustrated too.. okay I need to go back and read Psalm 138 again.

Congratualations to all who have advanced a step further in this journey. Our prayers continue to go out to all of you on this visa path. IMUA!! (go forward)

Gwen

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Example :

You seem to be right wintime. I too am noticing the trend. I am one of the unlucky one who waited and waited for the NOA1.

MY wife coming to the US is a privilege and not a right. I'd rather wait an additional couple of months than add additional risk for my wife getting rejected or heavily delayed by not following procedures.

I love my wife so much that I'll probably do it the same way again. Or I could jst abe stubborn. :wacko:

Example :

You seem to be right wintime. I too am noticing the trend. I am one of the unlucky one who waited and waited for the NOA1.

MY wife coming to the US is a privilege and not a right. I'd rather wait an additional couple of months than add additional risk for my wife getting rejected or heavily delayed by not following procedures.

I love my wife so much that I'll probably do it the same way again. Or I could jst abe stubborn. :wacko:

I totally agree with you noel...I tried to to the right thing and now we are paying the price. As you can see only my I-130 was approved, because I waited for the I-130 NOA1 before I sent the I-129F. But you know what, you need to stay positive. USCIS is so unpredictable, and they don't follow the same guidelines and procedures with everyone. I've seen other members so sent their petitions almost two months apart, and they were approved. So keep praying and you might be lucky and have both of your petitions approved. Have FAITH.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I love my wife so much that I'll probably do it the same way again. Or I could just be stubborn. :wacko:

I totally agree with you noel...I tried to to the right thing and now we are paying the price. As you can see only my I-130 was approved, because I waited for the I-130 NOA1 before I sent the I-129F. But you know what, you need to stay positive. USCIS is so unpredictable, and they don't follow the same guidelines and procedures with everyone. I've seen other members so sent their petitions almost two months apart, and they were approved. So keep praying and you might be lucky and have both of your petitions approved. Have FAITH.

Thanks YGandMAt. A lot of people with similar timeline as us have already received their I129F approval. So here's hoping we get ours soon!! I've been checking my mail everyday and email multiple times a day. lol!!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

My lawyer just called CSC and they notified him that an RFE has been sent for 4 more passport pics of me :angry: (thank god it is not major). I got this notification from my lawyer on Wed 7 Nov 2007. But I have not recieved any letter from CSC yet. I have two questions:

1) How long does it usually take for a RFE letter to come? ( The laywer told me this is for my I-130)

2) Once I get the letter and overnight it back to CSC, how long do they usually take for approval.

Timeline:

Applied for I-130 - May 18

NOA1 (I-130) - June 20

Applied for I-129F - June 21

NOA1 (I-129F) - July 7

Based on everyone's timeline, I am expecting an approval this month. Maybe now it will be december since I have an RFE coming.

Approval please come fast!!! :crying:

I have two questions:

1) How long does it usually take for a RFE letter to come? ( The laywer told me this is for my I-130)

2) Once I get the letter and overnight it back to CSC, how long do they usually take for approval.

Based on everyone's timeline, I am expecting an approval this month. Maybe now it will be december since I have an RFE coming.

1) Not sure on the length of time USCIS takes to send the RFE

2) A recent VJer with an RFE is My Honey, she received the RFE on the 9th October and sent off the paperwork. The case resumed processing on the 22nd October and she has had quite a few touches since then but no approval :(

I would suggest you keep track of My Honey's information to give you an idea of how long they are currently taking between RFE and approval.

On a different note, it's strange to be at work and to know that no approvals are coming today. Normally I'm checking the boards to see if anyone has any good news... wonder if this forum will be extra quiet because of the holiday :unsure:

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.