Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Was anyone’s American fiancé allowed to attend the interview with them?

They can join them in the consulate but in most situations, they cannot attend the actual interview with an officer, if that's what you're asking.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

WOW fast service what the heck.........

Literally finished interview yesterday, getting my passport back tomorrow w/ visa in it ....

image.png.a2bc45361b2ef7468cc1bfabac3b6789.png

AWESOME! Mine says May 27th because I'm farther away lol 😅

Just now, KristineGB said:

Wait outside the building or the room where I get interviewed?

Outside the building ☺️

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

2 hours ago, sweethrtt said:

Just a heads up for anybody reading this! For AOS you are going to need DS-3025 (Vaccination Documentation signed by the Panel Physician) from what I have read here if you provide this you do not need to provide form I-693. If I am wrong in any way please correct me! Just an added note if you want the extra security you can also get a copy of the I-693! 

I only learned that from the lovely people waiting in line with me yesterday! I called my panel physician, Dr. Ian Zatzman, and was able to get a copy since they did not provide one to me originally. I'm going to pick it up from their office tomorrow! 

So in the case you do not get a copy contact your panel physician and they will provide it to you! This will just make AOS much easier!

It also has to have the box checked on the form that says all vaccinations are completed. I've seen people get RFEs if they send in that form and it is not checked so make sure it has that check mark! :)

3 minutes ago, sweethrtt said:

Outside the building ☺️

Not true - Fiance can go into the consulate and sit with the applicant and all. They just dont go up to the window or into the interview room.

Edited by MeghanK

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
Just now, MeghanK said:

It also has to have the box checked on the form that says all vaccinations are completed. I've seen people get RFE's if they send in that form and it is not checked so make sure it has that check mark! :)

Yes all of the necessary boxes are checked!! Doctor Signed good to go!!!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Just now, sweethrtt said:

Yes all of the necessary boxes are checked!! Doctor Signed good to go!!!

Yay!! Yes, don't fall for the "civil surgeon transfer" mumbo jumbo... if you files AOS right away there won't be any issues. Might be issues if the medical is way old, 6 months? Or a year? I can't recall, but if it's from less than 6 months there definitely should not be an issue other than an uninformed officer. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Yay!! Yes, don't fall for the "civil surgeon transfer" mumbo jumbo... if you files AOS right away there won't be any issues. Might be issues if the medical is way old, 6 months? Or a year? I can't recall, but if it's from less than 6 months there definitely should not be an issue other than an uninformed officer. 

LOL no way! I did my due diligence thankfully 🤣 I read on the formal website that the medical is valid for 1 year.. past that time a new medical is going to be required.

This sums it up quite nicely:

Q: Do I need to complete another full medical to adjust status?

Per Section 1245.5 in the Code of Federal Regulations, a medical examination shall not be required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non-immigrant spouse, fiancée, or fiancée of a United States citizen or the child of such an alien as defined in section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Act and §214.2(k) of 8 CFR chapter I if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the non-immigrant visa; provided that the medical examination occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application for adjustment of status.

Edited by sweethrtt
Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

They can join them in the consulate but in most situations, they cannot attend the actual interview with an officer, if that's what you're asking.

They can't go into the consulate actually. Only the beneficiary is allowed to enter in Montreal. Maybe in other countries they allow it but not there.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, sweethrtt said:

AWESOME! Mine says May 27th because I'm farther away lol 😅

Outside the building ☺️

They can go into the building and wait in the waiting area, but they can’t do anything else. Not the document drop off, nor go into the interview room. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Not true - Fiance can go into the consulate and sit with the applicant and all. They just dont go up to the window or into the interview room.

Sadly they have changed this effective April 1, 2019. https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/montreal/consular-details/

" As of April 1, 2019, only visa applicants will be admitted to the U.S. Consulate General on interview day. "

Edited by Vans

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mila062019 said:

They can go into the building and wait in the waiting area, but they can’t do anything else. Not the document drop off, nor go into the interview room. 

They can NOT do this in Montreal. Petitioner's get stuck outside and it is cold out there lols. 😛

Timeline
3 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

They can't go into the consulate actually. Only the beneficiary is allowed to enter in Montreal. Maybe in other countries they allow it but not there.

Not from what we did. He just had to have his passport with him as well. He could not do any part of the process, but he could wait with me.

Edited by Mila062019

Timeline
Just now, purem4g1c said:

They can NOT do this in Montreal. Petitioner's get stuck outside and it is cold out there lols. 😛

You're right -- I think some of us here had our interviews prior to April 1 when the US petitioner could still enter.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mila062019 said:

I was just there yesterday and they did not let on of our fellow v-j'ers petitioner into the building at all. She waited outside on the sidewalk. 

Edited by sweethrtt
Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.