Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ErickandLeo said:

that's also the option that they said on me as they opened at 6:45am but my interview is at 7:30am so i'll pick it up a day before my interview. I also inquire about sending my results to my home address but it was $50 delivery fee and yes pick up is the best option😂

Ahahaha, I couldn't believe when they said it'd cost $50 for delivery. I responded "never mind, keep it here" 😂 

My interview will be at 9am, so I'd still have time to get it that morning. 

Which day is your interview? Good luck!! 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Brylie said:

Me too but I heard that someone is claiming to have moved to ready status just a bit ago. Let’s not freak out yet.

Yes a person did! I keep checking mine and nothing at all :( ... it’s making me so anxious 😔 ... trying to keep calm woosa woosa lol

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
4 hours ago, Brylie said:

We didn’t either....

I called the NVC yesterday and they said everything is all electronic and there’s no way to lose anything. Fingers crossed. I guess we just have to patient a little longer.

What does DHL deliver? 😕  

Going back to last year, it looks like timelines took a long time to change to READY then as well.  Hopefully when it finally does change you won't have to wait for the second date change to send in your P3.  I guess take comfort in knowing that this isn't unprecedented?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My status was changed to "ready" yesterday, afterwards I sent my ds-160 + packet 3 check list + passport biographic page to the Montreal consulate email address. Packet 4 should arrive sometime next week I assume. You don't actually need to wait for Packet 3 to be "received" to send it out. Soon as you see ready you can go ahead w/ the process as the Packet 3 information is already available online.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

My status was changed to "ready" yesterday, afterwards I sent my ds-160 + packet 3 check list + passport biographic page to the Montreal consulate email address. Packet 4 should arrive sometime next week I assume. You don't actually need to wait for Packet 3 to be "received" to send it out. Soon as you see ready you can go ahead w/ the process as the Packet 3 information is already available online.

Lately,  they will respond with an email asking you to not send anything to them without being invited to.  It's when the "case updated" date changes another time after you're READY that you can send in the P3.  We suspect it means your case has been looked at and the P3 is in the mail.  What you did was worth a shot, but don't get your hopes up too high.

1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

Not totally accurate. If your "ready" was your first status change to ready, just a few days after your consulate arrival on the 21st, don't count on them accepting that P3 submission. 

P3 has been getting mailed out for folks lately 2-3 weeks after consulate received. 

You could be lucky and be on the faster end of the average P3 timeline but probably not.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

You may be right, I am just doing it according to how RapidVisa says to do it. 😃

Yeah for sure, and who knows, maybe timelines are speeding up a bit and they have actually mailed yours already! Keep us posted. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
On 3/29/2019 at 7:38 PM, F + S said:

Ahahaha, I couldn't believe when they said it'd cost $50 for delivery. I responded "never mind, keep it here" 😂 

My interview will be at 9am, so I'd still have time to get it that morning. 

Which day is your interview? Good luck!! 😊

i’m on April 17th goodluck to all of us😉

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Timeline

Anyone else's case hadn't left the NVC yet? And hasn't even received a Case number?

NOA2 Feb. 5. Our case seems to be dragging behind. 

What interview dates is Montreal booking now? Is May fully booked? Our NOA2 expires on June 5th. I'm starting to worry a little. 

My status just changed to "Ready" 😱 (NOA2 Feb 12, NVC sent out March 19, DHL shows it was signed for on the 21st) but I think we still need to wait to get the P3 before we send anything to them? Are we able to complete the DS-160 or do they want us to wait for that as well? I will be doing the medical in Vancouver so I have to wait until I book an interview date before I can get the medical booked, but is there anything else I should be doing in the meantime? I already got the police certificate stuff taken care of.

Edited by Isabel&Will
Added additional information

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Anything for you?

Hi!! It changed to READY today! I'm going to send in my packet 3 sometime next week!!! I have my DS-160 filled out and ready to go.. just going to go over it with a fine tooth comb before sending it in!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
1 hour ago, ionoone said:

Anyone else's case hadn't left the NVC yet? And hasn't even received a Case number?

NOA2 Feb. 5. Our case seems to be dragging behind. 

What interview dates is Montreal booking now? Is May fully booked? Our NOA2 expires on June 5th. I'm starting to worry a little. 

Did you receive an email or letter stating the the NVC has received the approved  i129-f? That letter should have a case number starting with MTL

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mila062019 said:

Did you receive an email or letter stating the the NVC has received the approved  i129-f? That letter should have a case number starting with MTL

No. We still haven't received anything. We know they received it on March 19, 2019 because I called and they confirmed that it was received. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ionoone said:

No. We still haven't received anything. We know they received it on March 19, 2019 because I called and they confirmed that it was received. 

You maybe in a slightly odd timeline due to the batch DHL shipping dates, but I dont think you need to stress yet. We submitted a inquiry online and we were sent all the info they had so far which did include our case number. Also make sure both of you are checking your junk mail just incase. Also if the petitioner did not sign up for email notifications, you may get the letter after its in transit  or even arrived at the consulate. (Its what happened to me).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.