Cultclassic92

Documentation Required for Interview

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

So since I last posted, I received my interview notice last Friday, stating my AOS interview has been scheduled for March 4th. I am gathering documents together and am also putting what documents I sent when I applied for AOS. One of them being 1-485, the problem I'm concerned about is I stupidly did not photocopy the signed page on part 10 of 1-485, would this be a major issue?

I am also wondering about the part where it says to bring ''documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status''. Which documents would I need for those?

I'm probably over reacting here but I just want to make sure I get everything right as I am nervous about the interview, as well as excited that it is finally scheduled!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

Hi everyone,

So since I last posted, I received my interview notice last Friday, stating my AOS interview has been scheduled for March 4th. I am gathering documents together and am also putting what documents I sent when I applied for AOS. One of them being 1-485, the problem I'm concerned about is I stupidly did not photocopy the signed page on part 10 of 1-485, would this be a major issue?

I am also wondering about the part where it says to bring ''documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status''. Which documents would I need for those?

I'm probably over reacting here but I just want to make sure I get everything right as I am nervous about the interview, as well as excited that it is finally scheduled!

They prob don't even need the copy of your I-485, they have it on file. I just saved all the documents on my laptop before they were signed by my husband. I didn't have my interview yet, but I'm pretty sure they're not going to give you a hard time (they prob won't even ask for it but yeah, bring a copy of your complete file)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You don't bring the application form (I-485). Typically you would bring the original documents that were sent in as photocopies like your marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc in case they want to verify the originals. You can also bring things that you have done jointly with your spouse in the interim since you applied like bank accounts, car insurance, utilities, leases or show you share the same address like driver licenses.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Fair chance they will not ask to see anything your bring. Definitely shouldn't ask to see something they already have the original of.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 3:15 PM, Wuozopo said:

You don't bring the application form (I-485). Typically you would bring the original documents that were sent in as photocopies like your marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc in case they want to verify the originals. You can also bring things that you have done jointly with your spouse in the interim since you applied like bank accounts, car insurance, utilities, leases or show you share the same address like driver licenses.

It is kind of necessary to bring such documents that show the 2 of you has done together? Because one thing I know is without ssn you can't get those things like the joint bank account, insurance and other things 

11 hours ago, Storm Waters said:

It is kind of necessary to bring such documents that show the 2 of you has done together? Because one thing I know is without ssn you can't get those things like the joint bank account, insurance and other things 

Yeah, I have the folder together now ready for tomorrow. I got a letter from our bank confirming we have a joint account set up with some recent bank statements. I have also included our gym membership and a few friends and family members have done some Affidavits confirming we are legit. I am also under his car insurance and medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.