fem_femme

I-130 Petition Submittion

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys. So I submitted I-130 for my spouse who lives in Azerbaijan and received a NOA1 shortly after in about two weeks. Surprisingly, I had filled out the G form for electronic receipt, but it's been a month and I never received anything besides the letter NOA1. Waste of filling out the form I guess. I also included everything my husband had given me from his home country such as his military record, police clearance, two passport-sized photos, his birth certificate, divorce decree and everything I submitted myself, I also included his own which he had translated from Azeri to English and notarized in his home country. I later learned that it is at the NVC stage where we will need to submit his own docs, so I rushed into things I guess adding those to my own supporting docs. I also submitted lots of bonafide evidences all at once to deter any RFE which I heard slows down the process. 

I'm doing this all myself so I would like to ask a few questions please:

1) Will the NVC stage ask for my husband's supporting docs again such as his military, police clearance, passport pics, etc even though I submitted at the filing stage of the petition? I suppose I can tell my husband to go and get cleared again at the police station and translate and notarize the doc again because from the time he got the first one and the NVC stage (assuming he is approved), it will have been months. OR....alternatively, do we not submit another police clearance and it would be better to get one like the day before his interview at the Embassy so that the EMbassy staff will see that up until the day before, he is clear? 

2) I got this on the NOA1 and I am little confused as to what it means in terms of the submission date and the timeframe of approval? {priority date: Dec. 27, 2018). The address of the USCIS office shows as Texas Service Center. Could you explain what 'priority date' means? How do I determine the timeframe of how long it will take to get approved based on my priority date? 

3) My husband and I will be meeting soon in a few weeks again, and since it's been only a month since the USCIS had received my petition, I will have more evidences with this upcoming trip to submit and I would like to 'side-load' my previous bonafide evidences with much more. From the time that the USCIS got my docs and until the time I can side-load more evidences, it will be two months and a half, which I'm assuming our docs will still be at the Texas Service Center, so would you advise me to send more evidences then, because once the docs get approved and are moved to NVC, ti will be a hassle to side-load at the NVC, so i feel like side-loading while the docs are at the USCIS (in Texas), would be more logical and easier to do. Has anyone side-loaded a USCIS or NVC level? I just want to the EMbassy staff to have so much evidence that they will most likely look into prior to the interview for less chances of denial although we will certainly meet again for the 3rd and 4th time....4th time being his itnerview date if all goes well. 

I'd really appreciate some advice as I want to make sure that I am takign the right steps from this point on. Thank you!

I also was wondering does Azerbaijan considered a high-fraud country? I'm trying to figure out how easy or difficult it would be for an Azerbaijani citizen at the interview. I heard that the US Embassy in Azerbaijan only considers visa interviews, but for K-1/CR-1 interview is the neighboring Georgia (Tbilisi), that interviews Georgians and Azeris, so my husband would have to cross the border to Georgia to be interviewed. There aren't many Azeris or Georgians in the US, so I'm not sure if that makes it a country that's less of a fraud unlike some African or Asian countries. 

hi

yes because a lot of civil documents are sent at the nvc stage and not with the i130. did you send the i130A as well? for spouses the i130 and the i130A are sent together

no need for bona fide evidence at the nvc stage, whatever you are getting together now, is for the interview. 

3 minutes ago, aleful said:

hi

yes because a lot of civil documents are sent at the nvc stage and not with the i130. did you send the i130A as well? for spouses the i130 and the i130A are sent together

no need for bona fide evidence at the nvc stage, whatever you are getting together now, is for the interview. 

it also important to sideload more evidence of on going relationship at the NVC stage. But is a choice

Priority date is meaningless, if you are a US Citizen.  It's just the receipt date.  Expect about 8 months from submission to approval.  Any civil documents that are required at NVC stage, are a waste to submit with the petition.  Yes, you will submit all NVC stage civil documents for the foreign spouse AGAIN at the NVC stage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

From your post, you did not read and study the guides here on Visa Journey for the spousal visa and all the stages, documents for each stage, etc.  I suggest that you do this and also follow the USCIS instructions very carefully.  Errors cause unnecessary delays.  Texas Service Center is taking 7 to 9 months for petition approval now, then NVC stage and interview abroad stages take an additional 7 or more months.  You can submit more evidence of your visits and time spent together, and financial co-mingling evidence at the NVC stage, but NVC is moving to electronic uploading of documents and I have heard that it is limited in what you can upload so side-loading may not allow too much new evidence to be submitted.  You can take additional evidence to the interview, that will be more than a year from now if all goes well, with no delays along the way.  Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.