morgan.croft

N-400 February 2019 Filers

1,124 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2019 at 12:39 PM, Eli_za said:

Hello there!

congratulations to all the approvals. 

I’m sorry if it’s too much to ask for some tips.

I will start filing my application this week and one of my questions is...

what documents did you upload??? 

Tax returns?

I went to a immigration community help center few weeks ago and I was told by a volunteer that I only needed to upload my green card (front and back) and just to bring all the other evidence (tax returns, bank staments, insurance) at the time of interview, and not to resubmit the same documents I previously did with the adjustment of status and removal of conditions.   I’m married to a us-citizen and we don’t have kids yet. We have been married for 4years. 

Please, if you can possible share what documents did you upload. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

Any thoughts??? 

38 minutes ago, Eli_za said:

Any thoughts??? 

Hi

I applied on February and I submitted the following docs:

- Divorce decree (his)

-Marriage license 

- Birth certificate ( His- this shows he is American)

-Birth certificate ( our little baby)

- Taxes from the last 3 years

- Life insurance policies

- Car insurance policies

- Copy of my green card

If you guys have joint accounts you can add that too, mortgage, maybe the deed of the house and bills in both of your names. I never heard about not submitting the documents, I did it and I will have copies of everything for my interview.

hope it helps

23 minutes ago, Claudia & Thomas said:

Hi

I applied on February and I submitted the following docs:

- Divorce decree (his)

-Marriage license 

- Birth certificate ( His- this shows he is American)

-Birth certificate ( our little baby)

- Taxes from the last 3 years

- Life insurance policies

- Car insurance policies

- Copy of my green card

If you guys have joint accounts you can add that too, mortgage, maybe the deed of the house and bills in both of your names. I never heard about not submitting the documents, I did it and I will have copies of everything for my interview.

hope it helps

Thank you for responding. I submitted all those  documents for AOS and removal of conditions. (Except for baby cert- we don’t have any yet). 

Do do I need to resubmit marriage cert and deed of trust -house???

Just now, Eli_za said:

Thank you for responding. I submitted all those  documents for AOS and removal of conditions. (Except for baby cert- we don’t have any yet). 

Do do I need to resubmit marriage cert and deed of trust -house???

Yes, as far as I know AOS and N-400 are different process and I know it’s seems like a lot to be doing the same, but it’s the best, so you can be sure your application has everything you need.

Hello again!!!

sorry to bother. But I’m a bit confused on the online application.

The question where it says “your name exactly as it appears on your Permanent Resident Card”

On the front of the card I have my middle name initial instead of the full name. But on the back of the card my middle name is in full. 

Should I type in my full middle name? 

What did y’all do??

i have my full middle name on my Driver License and ss card. 

Thanks!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've had a crazy 2 weeks. I wrote in a previous post that at my naturalization interview, I was approved on the spot and verbally told my Oath Ceremony is on 5/30 by the Immigration Officer who interviewed me. I haven't received any mail/notices or change in online status since my interview on 4/15.
On 5/15, 2 weeks before my supposed Oath Ceremony, I called USCIS and emailed USCIS asking for an update since I haven't received anything in the mail. The phone rep told me to continue waiting and told me there was nothing she could do. My email was forwarded to my local Charleston field office, and they wrote back on 5/17 saying that according to USCIS records, an oath scheduling notice was mailed to me. It should arrive "very soon." I waited and waited, and nothing. I contacted my local congressman on 5/20 who also put pressure on USCIS. My congressman's aides haven't heard back from USCIS. I continue waiting thinking it would be in the mail at least by early this week if they said it was already sent out by 5/17. 

Yesterday, 5/28, I sent out another email to USCIS saying that the notice hasn't been received by me and my supposed Oath Ceremony is in 2 days. No reply. Today, 1 day out from my supposed Oath Ceremony, I called USCIS and spoke with a Tier 1 officer. She said she doesn't see I've been scheduled for my Oath Ceremony and nothing has been uploaded to my Documents tab, and she cannot email or call my local Charleston field office. She told me there is nothing she can do if it doesn't show on her side. I asked to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer and she put me in line to wait. A Tier 2 officer called me back and told me she can escalate this and will investigate it further with Charleston's field office. The Tier 2 officer told me a higher up officer will call me in a few hours. My worry was that if I was indeed scheduled for my Oath Ceremony tomorrow 5/30, and I miss it because I never received the notice, that I will be penalized. Also my husband wouldn't be able to come since the original reason why the Immigration Officer scheduled me for 5/30 is because my husband's in the military and it's hard for him to take time off. The Tier 2 told me it's well documented that I've reached out to USCIS several times for the missing notice and it will be OK even if that is the case that I miss it.
15 minutes after I get off the phone with Tier 2, Charleston's field office calls me directly and told me they scheduled me for my Oath Ceremony tomorrow and will email me directly the Oath Scheduling notice and told me to print it out and fill it out. I've never heard of being emailed an Oath Scheduling notice before but voila, I got it through email and it's confirmed it's tomorrow!

What a long ordeal... my online status still hasn't changed, nothing has been uploaded to the Documents tab, and I still haven't received any mail from USCIS lol. But at least I have the notice now. Fingers crossed tomorrow is the end of this journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Lochnessmonster said:

I've had a crazy 2 weeks. I wrote in a previous post that at my naturalization interview, I was approved on the spot and verbally told my Oath Ceremony is on 5/30 by the Immigration Officer who interviewed me. I haven't received any mail/notices or change in online status since my interview on 4/15.
On 5/15, 2 weeks before my supposed Oath Ceremony, I called USCIS and emailed USCIS asking for an update since I haven't received anything in the mail. The phone rep told me to continue waiting and told me there was nothing she could do. My email was forwarded to my local Charleston field office, and they wrote back on 5/17 saying that according to USCIS records, an oath scheduling notice was mailed to me. It should arrive "very soon." I waited and waited, and nothing. I contacted my local congressman on 5/20 who also put pressure on USCIS. My congressman's aides haven't heard back from USCIS. I continue waiting thinking it would be in the mail at least by early this week if they said it was already sent out by 5/17. 

Yesterday, 5/28, I sent out another email to USCIS saying that the notice hasn't been received by me and my supposed Oath Ceremony is in 2 days. No reply. Today, 1 day out from my supposed Oath Ceremony, I called USCIS and spoke with a Tier 1 officer. She said she doesn't see I've been scheduled for my Oath Ceremony and nothing has been uploaded to my Documents tab, and she cannot email or call my local Charleston field office. She told me there is nothing she can do if it doesn't show on her side. I asked to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer and she put me in line to wait. A Tier 2 officer called me back and told me she can escalate this and will investigate it further with Charleston's field office. The Tier 2 officer told me a higher up officer will call me in a few hours. My worry was that if I was indeed scheduled for my Oath Ceremony tomorrow 5/30, and I miss it because I never received the notice, that I will be penalized. Also my husband wouldn't be able to come since the original reason why the Immigration Officer scheduled me for 5/30 is because my husband's in the military and it's hard for him to take time off. The Tier 2 told me it's well documented that I've reached out to USCIS several times for the missing notice and it will be OK even if that is the case that I miss it.
15 minutes after I get off the phone with Tier 2, Charleston's field office calls me directly and told me they scheduled me for my Oath Ceremony tomorrow and will email me directly the Oath Scheduling notice and told me to print it out and fill it out. I've never heard of being emailed an Oath Scheduling notice before but voila, I got it through email and it's confirmed it's tomorrow!

What a long ordeal... my online status still hasn't changed, nothing has been uploaded to the Documents tab, and I still haven't received any mail from USCIS lol. But at least I have the notice now. Fingers crossed tomorrow is the end of this journey!

Oh my god! That’s definitely hectic but I’m so happy to hear you have a copy of the notice and will still be able to attend the original ceremony that was set for you. Congrats again!

Timeline

Finally just got an email that my interview was scheduled...!!!!!! 

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

07/31/15: I-130 Mailed
08/06/15: NOA1 -- California Service Center
10/26/15: NOA2

NVC - 61 Days

11/05/15: NVC Received Case
11/25/15: Completed DS-261
11/28/15: Paid AOS Fee
11/30/15: DS-261 Reviewed Over Phone
12/02/15: Paid IV Fee
12/04/15: DS-260 Completed
12/04/15: Scan Date
01/05/16: Case Complete

CANADA

02/25/16: Interview - APPROVED!!!
03/07/16: Visa in hand

03/29/18: POE @ YVR

Removal of Conditions - 630 Days

Spoiler

01/16/18: I-751 Delivered

01/19/18: NOA1 -- Vermont Service Center

02/27/18: Biometrics

07/03/19: Case Transferred to NBC

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

Naturalization - 267 Days

Spoiler

02/01/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/01/19: NOA1

02/20/19: Biometrics

07/03/19: Interview Interview Cancelled - Haven't received I751

10/25/19: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, morgan.croft said:

Finally just got an email that my interview was scheduled...!!!!!! 

Awesome!!! Can you please update the spreadsheet with my date? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Holtsville2019 said:

Awesome!!! Can you please update the spreadsheet with my date? 

Yes. I plan to update it this evening for the recent updates. 

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

07/31/15: I-130 Mailed
08/06/15: NOA1 -- California Service Center
10/26/15: NOA2

NVC - 61 Days

11/05/15: NVC Received Case
11/25/15: Completed DS-261
11/28/15: Paid AOS Fee
11/30/15: DS-261 Reviewed Over Phone
12/02/15: Paid IV Fee
12/04/15: DS-260 Completed
12/04/15: Scan Date
01/05/16: Case Complete

CANADA

02/25/16: Interview - APPROVED!!!
03/07/16: Visa in hand

03/29/18: POE @ YVR

Removal of Conditions - 630 Days

Spoiler

01/16/18: I-751 Delivered

01/19/18: NOA1 -- Vermont Service Center

02/27/18: Biometrics

07/03/19: Case Transferred to NBC

Naturalization - 267 Days

Spoiler

02/01/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/01/19: NOA1

02/20/19: Biometrics

07/03/19: Interview Interview Cancelled - Haven't received I751

10/25/19: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys, I just had my interview in Detroit, and I got approved :D It was super fast, took only about 10 minutes. The IO went through the questions from the application, and then did the test. My questions were:

Name two cabinet positions.
What did Martin Luther King Jr. fight for?
The idea of self government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
What ocean borders the US on the East coast?
Name one branch of our government.
What is the supreme law of the land?

I had to read "How many Senators are there?" and write "There are 100 Senators."

It is crazy to think that my immigration journey is almost done now. This forum has been an amazing source of tips and encouragement. Good luck to my fellow February filers who are still waiting!

Edited by Given2Fly

N-400

Feb 16 2019: applied online

Feb 23 2019: biometrics scheduled (online notification)

Mar 15 2019: biometrics done

April 23 2019: Interview has been scheduled (online notice)

May 30 2019: Interview - approved!

July 15 2019: Oath Ceremony (rescheduled date)

Done! Thanks, visajourney, you have been a great help!

Congratulations, Given2Fly!!!

I had interview in Detroit today too and I got approved. I had to wait for 1 hour to be called by IO. I was so nervous that I missed them calling my number/name that I went to asked if everything is fine. I was told that they had to bring my paperwork from back so it took longer but everything was fine.

IO was really nice, we talked about my work and baby before we got to test.

My questions:

What is the capital of the U.S.?

Name one state that borders Mexico.

What is one thing Benjamin Franklin famous for?

What's the name of the national anthem?

What major event happened on September 11,2001, in the United States?

We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?

Sentence for reading was something like: "who elects Congress?"  and writing: "The people elect Congress." 

I was told that my Oath ceremony should be done by end of June. but who knows. System already shows me: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Little bit more waiting and I'm done. :-) so happy

Hello again!!!

sorry to bother. But I’m a bit confused on the online application. 

The question where it says “your name exactly as it appears on your Permanent Resident Card”

On the front of the card I have my middle name initial instead of the full name. But on the back of the card my middle name is in full. 

Should I type in my full middle name? 

What did y’all do??

i have my full middle name on my Driver License and ss card. 

Thanks!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.