Why do I need to mail a copy of I-129F package?

13 posts in this topic

Hi. I was wondering if someone could tell me why I need to mail an entire copy of our I-129F package to my fiance? I'm thinking that the interviewer will have our original I-129F package already. Can someone tell me the purpose of the copy? Thanks.

You don't 'have to' - it's just a suggested practice. It's merely for his/her reference. Like a study guide. Since much of their questions may come from what you sent in, it'd be nice for him/her to have looked through it before the interview. It's not a requirement by any means. :thumbs:

and it is good both of you to have copies just in case one doc is getting lost ;)

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yep. I'm agreeing with both of what was said above.

I took mine to Andre. He was speechless when he saw how much time and effort I put into filing the visa. He did not realize it was more then just a few pieces of paper.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

So that your fiance(e) will know what information is 'on the record'. Sometimes interview questions to the alien fiance(e) may be based on information provided by the US fiance(e).

One would hope that the relationship is such that the two people know this information about each other without the alien needing to study the I-129f submission. If a consular officer does start to probe it may be a sign that the validity of the relationship seems suspicious to them.

Yodrak

Hi. I was wondering if someone could tell me why I need to mail an entire copy of our I-129F package to my fiance? I'm thinking that the interviewer will have our original I-129F package already. Can someone tell me the purpose of the copy? Thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it

I-130

03-17-07 Mailed

03-23-07 Recvd fwd to CSC NOA1

03-27-07 Update

APPROVED 09-05-07

09-06-07 Update

09-10-07 NOA2 in mail

I-129F

04-04-07 Mailed

04-24-07 Updated Recvd NBC NOA1

04-26-07 Update

05-08-07 Update

05-11-07 Update trnsfr to CSC

05-15-07 Update

05-17-07 Recvd trnsfr letter in mail

06-05-07 Update case pending @ CSC

06-06-07 Update

APPROVED 09-05-07

09-06-07 Update

09-10-07 NOA2 in mail

09-27-07 Arrived at NVC

10-06-07 NVC notice via mail

10-31-07 Mailed to the Embassy

11-04-07 Recvd at the Embassy

02-20-08 Medical Appointment

03-11-08 Redo Police record

04-11-08 Interview

02-17-09 Interview

06-04-09 redo medical & Police Record

06-09-09 Resubmit info @ Embassy

ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Also for those SO who get nervous when interviewed, it might be nice to go over it ahead of time for peace of mind. If I was the non USC, I would definitly do that just to calm my nerves

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

It is a good idea to send all copies to your fiance so that he/she is aware of all information that were provided by the USC petitioner. Consular officer does ask questions based on the information provided by the petitioner to check whether the beneficiary is aware of those information or not.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I took mine to Andre. He was speechless when he saw how much time and effort I put into filing the visa. He did not realize it was more then just a few pieces of paper.

Hahahaha, exact same boat here! I put our package together while Adam was still visiting and he thought it was all done when we filled out those 8 million copies of the application and biographical info. He didn't know how much other stuff I was stockpiling. I didn't include our primary evidence of having met (just sent a photo and a letter from a friend, d'oh!) so in anticipation of the RFE that's coming, I've been copying EVERYTHING that has anything to do with our visits, and made a huge, very organized package, with perfect copies for both of us. Adam was astounded when I gave him his copy of both of the 129F and the stuff for our RFE when he left to go back to England! I probably added 10 pounds to his suitcase weight!

I would also like to comment, I thought I had read somewhere in another forum that your fiance will need the originals of the copies you sent for your 129F? Like, he'll need a certified copy of my birth certificate, real photos and the like? That the consulate wants the originals? Or am I mixing that up with the consulate wanting originals of the police certificate/medical interview, etc. Or, did I just dream the whole thing? ;)

K-1 Journey:

April 12, 2007 - Mail I-129F packet to NSC

May 1, 2007 - Application received by CSC

May 1, 2007 - NOA1 sent

May 3, 2007 - Touch

May 4, 2007 - Check cashed by CSC

June 1, 2007 - Call USCIS since 30 days w/out receiving paper NOA1, told to call back after it's been 45 days

June 15, 2007 - Call USCIS for update on NOA1. Told address correct, NOA1 was not generated, they will do so

August 2, 2007 - TOUCH!!!

August 3, 2007 - TOUCH!!!!!!!

August 6, 2007 - Received hard copy NOA1, finally

August 12, 2007 - TOUCH! (Sunday?)

August 14, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - NOA2!!!

August 16, 2007 to present:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

November 1, 2007 - File leaves CSC

November 3rd, 2007 - File arrives at NVC

November 7th, 2007 - File processed by NVC, sent to London Embassy

November 20th, 2007 - File processed by London Embassy

December 8th - Adam receives packet 3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I've been thinking about this issue a lot. My fiance doesn't remember squat. His memory is little more than a flour sieve.

He can tell someone what we did to celebrate my birthday this year, but could not produce my birth date. He could tell an interviewer that I come from a large family, but would not remember a name of any sibling. He could tell someone where I work, but not my occupation. So the idea of sending him loads of information and copies of all the paperwork will overwhelm him, I suspect. :crying: (MS trying to remember)

He and I will talk about this stuff when I'm in Turkey, but I don't have a lot of confidence in his recollection of details. :help:

It is a good idea to send all copies to your fiance so that he/she is aware of all information that were provided by the USC petitioner. Consular officer does ask questions based on the information provided by the petitioner to check whether the beneficiary is aware of those information or not.

MM and MS

San Francisco and Istanbul

I-129F Received (CSC): February 21, 2007

Filing Fee Check Cashed: February 26, 2007

NOA1 Issued: February 28, 2007

Touched: March 1, 2007

Touched: May 7, 2007

RFE Issued: May 8, 2007

RFE Reply Sent: June 25, 2007 (wrong PO Box)

RFE Reply Sent: July 12, 2007 (correct address)

RFE Reply Received (CSC): July 19, 2007

Touched: July 20, 2007

NOA2 Issued: July 27, 2007

Petition Received (NVC): August 20,2007

Petition Sent to Embassy (Ankara, Turkey): August 22, 2007

Packet 3 Arrived: September 11, 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Better to be safe than sorry... You will be thankful you have a copy of everything you sent to the USCIS, with all the "pressure" coming along with the interview some details might be blurry and could be a red flag for the interviewer.

Good luck!

C (Oregon, USA) & Melissa (Lima, PERU)

---

K1- 129F: Profile - Signature and Story

--

05/27/2005 We are married!

06/02/2005 Got Marriage Certificate

06/02/2005 Change name in SSC

06/11/2005 Receive SSC

--

AOS: Profile - Signature and Story

--

EAD: Profile - Signature and Story

--

10/06/2006 Find out we are pregnant!!

05/29/2007 Our boy is born

--

08/14/2007 Start gathering documents for I751

08/29/2007 Mailed I751

08/30/2007 I751 received at NSC

09/27/2007 Received NOA1 in the mail, dated 08/30/2007

10/04/2007 Received Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2007 Biometrics 1pm

11/30/2007 Card production ordered!! Whoohooo!!!!

Wish Upon a Plane

I was the one who filled in our forms and put together our petition (I'm the foreign then-fiancee) and I took a copy of everything before we sent it. I didn't need it as some sort of 'study guide' (?! I suppose some people might, though...) but it would seem a sensible idea to keep a record of what's been sent, not to mention that it would make it much easier to put everything together again in the event that it had got lost in the mail or something. The main reason I'm really glad I kept a copy of everything, though, is that it meant I could check back and reassure myself that we hadn't messed anything up or left anything vitally important out! There were a couple of occasions when I was absolutely convinced that I'd put my own date of birth as being in 2006 not 1976, or that I'd put my mother's married name on the G-325a instead of her maiden name, or some other stupid mistake... being able to check through the copy and confirm that everything was ok saved me from worrying myself silly over nothing on a few occasions, so I'd recommend doing it for that reason alone! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.