6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I have a question regarding a letter - NVC Checklist, we just received after sending the NVC Packet. 

It's requesting the Court records.

My husband came to the US from Mexico when he was 16, after much research I concluded that he did not need a police letter from Mexico (correct?)

We only obtained the police clearance letter from Oklahoma City.  He's only lived in this city since moving here, and has not had any problems other than a ticket for speeding.  

All this to ask, does NVC need court records for the speeding ticket? 

If he has no other Records, what do I need to send?

Appreciate any help I can get!

Timeline
49 minutes ago, OKCgonzalez said:

Hi everyone, 

I have a question regarding a letter - NVC Checklist, we just received after sending the NVC Packet. 

It's requesting the Court records.

My husband came to the US from Mexico when he was 16, after much research I concluded that he did not need a police letter from Mexico (correct?)

We only obtained the police clearance letter from Oklahoma City.  He's only lived in this city since moving here, and has not had any problems other than a ticket for speeding.  

All this to ask, does NVC need court records for the speeding ticket? 

If he has no other Records, what do I need to send?

Appreciate any help I can get!

A traffic ticket for speeding, improper turning, or some similar offense, usually won't show upon your permanent record. If you ignore the ticket, however, it can result in the issuance of an arrest warrant -- and that may show up in a background check because it's escalated to a higher level.

But I don't thinks NVC may ask that ticket issue on processing your case to be approved if only he did not ignored the ticket to pay .

Edited by Moses Bee

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Moses Bee said:

A traffic ticket for speeding, improper turning, or some similar offense, usually won't show upon your permanent record. If you ignore the ticket, however, it can result in the issuance of an arrest warrant -- and that may show up in a background check because it's escalated to a higher level.

But I don't thinks NVC may ask that ticket issue on processing your case to be approved if only he did not ignored the ticket to pay .

Thanks, He did pay in a timely manner. And no other issues are on his record.

Do you know in this case what I need to send to NVC?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, OKCgonzalez said:

Thanks, He did pay in a timely manner. And no other issues are on his record.

Do you know in this case what I need to send to NVC?

The NVC will inform you all the documents to submit for your case to be approved don't worry about that , everything will be fine by God grace 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Moses Bee said:

The NVC will inform you all the documents to submit for your case to be approved don't worry about that , everything will be fine by God grace 

How will they inform me?  They already sent me a letter stating I need to send documentation of  "7-court records" . (Which i previously stated, he does not have.)

What I'm asking IS what do I need to send to NVC?

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.