H&H.

Spouse entered country 7 months ago and still no green card

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

So my wife entered USA from Pakistan in June 2018. Pakistan embassy does not use visa packets any more so she did not have one. I talked to USCIS and in November 2018 they said "The Texas Service Center has not received your Department of State issued Immigration Visa Packet which should have been submitted by the Port of Entry (POE) when you entered the United States. The Texas Service Center will require a completed Lost Visa Packet in order to process your permanent resident card. In order to get the packet completed you must visit your local USCIS District Office."

I went to local USCIS office and did this step in November 2018 and still no update. Today I used online tool to get update and they said "USCIS records indicate that we are awaiting your response to our Request for Evidence (RFE) on this case. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your response." 

I'm confused since getting different answers and not sure what the issue is. What should I do? Should I tell them there's no such packet so not sure what the issue is? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, H&H. said:

So my wife entered USA from Pakistan in June 2018. Pakistan embassy does not use visa packets any more so she did not have one. I talked to USCIS and in November 2018 they said "The Texas Service Center has not received your Department of State issued Immigration Visa Packet which should have been submitted by the Port of Entry (POE) when you entered the United States. The Texas Service Center will require a completed Lost Visa Packet in order to process your permanent resident card. In order to get the packet completed you must visit your local USCIS District Office."

I went to local USCIS office and did this step in November 2018 and still no update. Today I used online tool to get update and they said "USCIS records indicate that we are awaiting your response to our Request for Evidence (RFE) on this case. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your response." 

I'm confused since getting different answers and not sure what the issue is. What should I do? Should I tell them there's no such packet so not sure what the issue is? 

Contact the office of one of your Senators and speak to the liaison officer who assists residents with govt dept..  eg uscis.. issues. There is a form to fill out and an authority to release information form as well. 

Try another Infopass just to keep yourself on their radar 

This is their problem to fix but unfortunately it becomes your problem too. 

At the info pass request another I551 stamp in the passport to keep that current 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Contact the office of one of your Senators and speak to the liaison officer who assists residents with govt dept..  eg uscis.. issues. There is a form to fill out and an authority to release information form as well. 

Try another Infopass just to keep yourself on their radar 

This is their problem to fix but unfortunately it becomes your problem too. 

At the info pass request another I551 stamp in the passport to keep that current 

thanks for the response. i spoke to immigration officer yesterday who said theres no rfe so not sure why we sent that message online yesterday. he said theres a different packet the immigration officer should've submitted but they didnt. he said texas service center looked up the case number in december so they think they are working on it but not sure. he said just to wait till june when 1 year has passed and then see. if you dont get it till june they can do some extension. my wife is worried that something will happen and she may have to leave. also theres no proof that i went to local uscis office in november 2018 and gave them all the docs so that doesnt help even though i specifically asked the girl if i get receipt or proof i came here and gave you this stuff and she said just to use the existing receipt number to track. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, H&H. said:

thanks for the response. i spoke to immigration officer yesterday who said theres no rfe so not sure why we sent that message online yesterday. he said theres a different packet the immigration officer should've submitted but they didnt. he said texas service center looked up the case number in december so they think they are working on it but not sure. he said just to wait till june when 1 year has passed and then see. if you dont get it till june they can do some extension. my wife is worried that something will happen and she may have to leave. also theres no proof that i went to local uscis office in november 2018 and gave them all the docs so that doesnt help even though i specifically asked the girl if i get receipt or proof i came here and gave you this stuff and she said just to use the existing receipt number to track. 

She is legal here as an LPR It is just the physical card that is pending. I would still be contacting the senator and requesting their assistance now. It will not make things any slower and can often make the USCIS more responsive 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

She is legal here as an LPR It is just the physical card that is pending. I would still be contacting the senator and requesting their assistance now. It will not make things any slower and can often make the USCIS more responsive 

thanks for the response. i found my local congressman and emailed them. they mention on their website to contact them if you have immigration issue and are not happy with whats going on so lets see. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Don’t forget to complete release of information form. Without that they can’t inquire on your wife’s behalf. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
1 minute ago, milimelo said:

Don’t forget to complete release of information form. Without that they can’t inquire on your wife’s behalf. 

good point. they posted below on their site which means i contact them and they will get back and get confirmation before proceeding further...

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

This type of request is a multi-step process. Please complete as many fields in the form below as possible, required fields are noted. You will be contacted by staff in my office before we can inquire into your case. 

Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We will ask for your signature to proceed with this type of request.

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to General Immigration-Related Discussion.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.