Jump to content
H&H.

Spouse entered country 7 months ago and still no green card

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

So my wife entered USA from Pakistan in June 2018. Pakistan embassy does not use visa packets any more so she did not have one. I talked to USCIS and in November 2018 they said "The Texas Service Center has not received your Department of State issued Immigration Visa Packet which should have been submitted by the Port of Entry (POE) when you entered the United States. The Texas Service Center will require a completed Lost Visa Packet in order to process your permanent resident card. In order to get the packet completed you must visit your local USCIS District Office."

 

I went to local USCIS office and did this step in November 2018 and still no update. Today I used online tool to get update and they said "USCIS records indicate that we are awaiting your response to our Request for Evidence (RFE) on this case. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your response." 

 

I'm confused since getting different answers and not sure what the issue is. What should I do? Should I tell them there's no such packet so not sure what the issue is? 


4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H&H. said:

So my wife entered USA from Pakistan in June 2018. Pakistan embassy does not use visa packets any more so she did not have one. I talked to USCIS and in November 2018 they said "The Texas Service Center has not received your Department of State issued Immigration Visa Packet which should have been submitted by the Port of Entry (POE) when you entered the United States. The Texas Service Center will require a completed Lost Visa Packet in order to process your permanent resident card. In order to get the packet completed you must visit your local USCIS District Office."

 

I went to local USCIS office and did this step in November 2018 and still no update. Today I used online tool to get update and they said "USCIS records indicate that we are awaiting your response to our Request for Evidence (RFE) on this case. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your response." 

 

I'm confused since getting different answers and not sure what the issue is. What should I do? Should I tell them there's no such packet so not sure what the issue is? 

Contact the office of one of your Senators and speak to the liaison officer who assists residents with govt dept..  eg uscis.. issues. There is a form to fill out and an authority to release information form as well. 

Try another Infopass just to keep yourself on their radar 

This is their problem to fix but unfortunately it becomes your problem too. 

At the info pass request another I551 stamp in the passport to keep that current 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Contact the office of one of your Senators and speak to the liaison officer who assists residents with govt dept..  eg uscis.. issues. There is a form to fill out and an authority to release information form as well. 

Try another Infopass just to keep yourself on their radar 

 This is their problem to fix but unfortunately it becomes your problem too. 

 At the info pass request another I551 stamp in the passport to keep that current 

thanks for the response. i spoke to immigration officer yesterday who said theres no rfe so not sure why we sent that message online yesterday. he said theres a different packet the immigration officer should've submitted but they didnt. he said texas service center looked up the case number in december so they think they are working on it but not sure. he said just to wait till june when 1 year has passed and then see. if you dont get it till june they can do some extension. my wife is worried that something will happen and she may have to leave. also theres no proof that i went to local uscis office in november 2018 and gave them all the docs so that doesnt help even though i specifically asked the girl if i get receipt or proof i came here and gave you this stuff and she said just to use the existing receipt number to track. 


4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, H&H. said:

thanks for the response. i spoke to immigration officer yesterday who said theres no rfe so not sure why we sent that message online yesterday. he said theres a different packet the immigration officer should've submitted but they didnt. he said texas service center looked up the case number in december so they think they are working on it but not sure. he said just to wait till june when 1 year has passed and then see. if you dont get it till june they can do some extension. my wife is worried that something will happen and she may have to leave. also theres no proof that i went to local uscis office in november 2018 and gave them all the docs so that doesnt help even though i specifically asked the girl if i get receipt or proof i came here and gave you this stuff and she said just to use the existing receipt number to track. 

She is legal here as an LPR It is just the physical card that is pending. I would still be contacting the senator and requesting their assistance now. It will not make things any slower and can often make the USCIS more responsive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

She is legal here as an LPR It is just the physical card that is pending. I would still be contacting the senator and requesting their assistance now. It will not make things any slower and can often make the USCIS more responsive 

thanks for the response. i found my local congressman and emailed them. they mention on their website to contact them if you have immigration issue and are not happy with whats going on so lets see. 


4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t forget to complete release of information form. Without that they can’t inquire on your wife’s behalf. 


Removal of Conditions Journey

3/3/2009 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to CSC

3/5/2009 - I-751 received in CSC

3/9/2009 - Check cashed

3/20/2009 - Biometrics notice received (no NOA1)

4/2/2009 - Biometrics

4/9/2009 - NOA1 date (first undelivered one is 3/5)

4/3/2009 - Touch?

5/6/2009 - ROC Approval - 65 days

6/22/2009 - CRIS Card production ordered email

7/7/2009 - GC arrived!

Naturalization Journey

3/03/2010 N400 sent to Arizona Lockbox

3/15/2010 Check cashed

3/17/2010 NOA1

3/18/2010 - Biometrics notice sent

3/26/2010 Early biometrics done at an ASC different from the one assigned to (Original BIO date was 4/15)

4/30/2010 Yellow letter received and info from USCIS mil line they are working on my interview letter (6/17 appt)

5/1/2010 Text and email interview letter sen

5/6/2010 Interview letter received - scheduled for 6/17/2010 at 10:05am

6/17/2010 Interview appointment - PASSED

6/29/2010 US Citizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, milimelo said:

Don’t forget to complete release of information form. Without that they can’t inquire on your wife’s behalf. 

good point. they posted below on their site which means i contact them and they will get back and get confirmation before proceeding further...

 

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

This type of request is a multi-step process. Please complete as many fields in the form below as possible, required fields are noted. You will be contacted by staff in my office before we can inquire into your case. 

Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We will ask for your signature to proceed with this type of request.


4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to General Immigration-Related Discussion.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×