Jump to content
FLuna

LND Medical appointment and interview are a day apart, is this bad?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi very new here! I have booked my medical and visa a day apart (28th and 29th) is this fine (I obviously expect some kind of delay coming with this) 

 

I have seen few people have their medical and visa in a day and it been fine, but I'm just unsure and would like to ease my mind a bit! 

 

Roughly how would the delay be? Would they not approve me at all? Or would they approve me depending but providing the medical comes back okay?( heard this before happening) 

 

Some folk who have waited 5 days after their medical STILL haven't got their medical results so I assumed I would be in the same boat, sorry I'm rambling now haha. 

 

Thank you for reading! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*~*~*country-specific question moved to United Kingdom sub-forum*~*~*

 

The results will not get to the embassy in time so they can provisionally approve your visa pending the medical results and once they do receive the results they will process the approval. 


 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FLuna said:

Some folk who have waited 5 days after their medical STILL haven't got their medical results so I assumed I would be in the same boat, sorry I'm rambling now haha. 

 

Both the embassy and medical clinic websites still say five days between. That hasn't happened in a year. Two weeks is a better choice if you want your visa approved on interview day and back to you in 7-8 days. 

 

You'll get the visa, but could be left wondering maybe 3 weeks, so don't get crazy worrying and checking your status constantly as soon as you interview. The timing may work out similar to having a later interview. It's just that people get obsessed with the delay and go crazy posting questions about it and comparing what is happening to other people. Understand that nothing significant is going to happen for up to two weeks while the medical works its way to the embassy and the embassy gets around to going back to finish yours up. Understand that is normal and doesn't mean anything is wrong with your case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

 

Both the embassy and medical clinic websites still say five days between. That hasn't happened in a year. Two weeks is a better choice if you want your visa approved on interview day and back to you in 7-8 days. 

 

You'll get the visa, but could be left wondering maybe 3 weeks, so don't get crazy worrying and checking your status constantly as soon as you interview. The timing may work out similar to having a later interview. It's just that people get obsessed with the delay and go crazy posting questions about it and comparing what is happening to other people. Understand that nothing significant is going to happen for up to two weeks while the medical works its way to the embassy and the embassy gets around to going back to finish yours up. Understand that is normal and doesn't mean anything is wrong with your case. 

Thank you :) I have been losing sleep over this honestly after a Facebook visa group I'm in were telling me all sorts of things and that I wouldn't get approved at all because of the time between the two appointments. Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FLuna said:

Thank you :) I have been losing sleep over this honestly after a Facebook visa group I'm in were telling me all sorts of things and that I wouldn't get approved at all because of the time between the two appointments. Thank you very much!

I mean technically you arent gonna get approved, because the officer doesnt know the results of the medical.

But if the medical is fine, then you just have a little delay on getting approved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

I mean technically you arent gonna get approved, because the officer doesnt know the results of the medical.

But if the medical is fine, then you just have a little delay on getting approved. 

Oh yes I'm aware! People have mentioned if there are no medical results they provisionally approve until medical results are received. (Not people in my short case but people who have booked weeks between the two appointments) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×