Scott Rusticus

Immigrant to Nonimmigrant

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Today I saw my fiancee's visa changed from immigrant to nonimmigrant visa and from application received to Administrative Processing. I have read that this is a good sign. The embassy still has the passports of my fiancee and son. Is that a good sign? However, it is in Venezuela and today all of the non-essential employees were sent home. Should I call and ask where the passports will go now or what will happen?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Today I saw my fiancee's visa changed from immigrant to nonimmigrant visa and from application received to Administrative Processing. I have read that this is a good sign. The embassy still has the passports of my fiancee and son. Is that a good sign? However, it is in Venezuela and today all of the non-essential employees were sent home. Should I call and ask where the passports will go now or what will happen?

hey how did u know it changed from immigrant to nonimmigrant?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
25 minutes ago, amy1411 said:

hey how did u know it changed from immigrant to nonimmigrant?

It'll tell you when you log into CEAC! To the OP- that's normally a great sign!! Our CEAC status changed to issued 2 days after changing from immigrant to non-immigrant but that was for the UK mind you! 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
1 minute ago, jakejon said:

It'll tell you when you log into CEAC! To the OP- that's normally a great sign!! Our CEAC status changed to issued 2 days after changing from immigrant to non-immigrant but that was for the UK mind you! 

so i guess for nonimmigrant you use a number different cos the case  number I received from NVC is not going through for the nonimmgrant section

Just now, amy1411 said:

so i guess for nonimmigrant you use a number different cos the case  number I received from NVC is not going through for the nonimmgrant section

The case number remains the same and you still look it up under immigrant visa. But the status will show that it is under the non-immigrant section.

A K-1 is peculiar in that it is a non-immigrant visa handled by the immigrant visa unit. Once the immigrant visa unit has passed the case, it is transferred to non-immigrant for processing, then back to immigrant before being issued.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

The case number remains the same and you still look it up under immigrant visa. But the status will show that it is under the non-immigrant section.

A K-1 is peculiar in that it is a non-immigrant visa handled by the immigrant visa unit. Once the immigrant visa unit has passed the case, it is transferred to non-immigrant for processing, then back to immigrant before being issued.

ok, got it now.

Tnx.

Mine still says READY even after my interview and submitted required document  10 days ago. The date updates thats all but it still says READY am so confused

1 minute ago, jakejon said:

It was the same case number I had-no different from changing from immigrant to immigrant. Geowrian above describes it well :) 

it not going through for the case number i got from NVC for nonimmigrant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Don't worry its good sign to get the visa last week i had same its normal when its change immigrant to nonimmigrant always close to get the visa I also got issued after 2 days so ur visa almost close to u 

When its update issued u can send email to ur embassy consultant they will inform u 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.