MarkAF

SPOUSE VISA PROCESSING TIME

11 posts in this topic

It is a long process indeed, at least a year, but it can be shorter than 15 months (I'm not finished yet but mine might take about 12 months).

Depends on a lot of things that you do and don't have control over which means it can take a lot longer.

1 hour ago, Apelcina said:

It is a long process indeed, at least a year, but it can be shorter than 15 months (I'm not finished yet but mine might take about 12 months).

Depends on a lot of things that you do and don't have control over which means it can take a lot longer.

can you teach me the steps, please? so that we wont have to get an attorney coz its expensive

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MarkAF said:

can you teach me the steps, please? so that we wont have to get an attorney coz its expensive

Follow the Guides on VJ.  This is do-it-yourself.  Educate yourself.  The Guides button is at the top of this page on a computer browser.  

You can easily do it yourself without an attorney so long as you follow the guides and are vigilant.

Here are some links to get you started:

Overview: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bvTEwLyHz1LVQ5enFjMmc4YXM/view

Filing the i130/i130a: https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 

NVC stage: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

You can also post in the forums for specific advice, the people here are very helpful.

Edited by Apelcina

Our petition was approved in 4 months and 8 days.  We weren't expecting anything until May.  If all goes as planned we will have POE in 9 months.  Our K-1 last year took 10 months for NOA2.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

14 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Our petition was approved in 4 months and 8 days.  We weren't expecting anything until May.  If all goes as planned we will have POE in 9 months.  Our K-1 last year took 10 months for NOA2.

i need you help. i really find it hard to fill up the forms. im the soon to be husband of a US green card holder. i dont know if im the person being referred to in the forms or is it my fiancee. thank you

Edited by MarkAF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My hole process from submitting the petition to have my visa in hand took me 1 year and 12 days ! some may wait less like 9 months and some are waiting more than 2 years now and they havn't finished yet their process

the key is to have all yr documents submitted and essentiellaly yr partner 's financial evidence .. 

6 hours ago, MarkAF said:

i need you help. i really find it hard to fill up the forms. im the soon to be husband of a US green card holder. i dont know if im the person being referred to in the forms or is it my fiancee. thank you

Which form?  Are you the beneficiary?  A green card holder cannot petition a fiance. You will need to get married first and then the petitioner must file an I-130 form. 

You will I’ll have to marry in the Philippines and then wait for the PSA marriage certificate. 

Try this site...

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.html

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.