Debzib88

affidavit of support Help

12 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm not sure if I've selected the correct topics, but I just need a little help. My husband is currently visiting me in the uk on a visiting visa and I was just wondering if his grandparents are allowed to co sign the affidavit of support form with him? They have said they want to support me moving, We are so close to finding out our decision if I'm allowed to immigrate to America and we want to do this together so he is going to be staying with me in the uk for a little bit longer. He has a job to go back to which he took time out from. So he is employed. He is just currently on vacation. Any support would be appreciated. Thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If I am understanding your question correctly you are asking if your grandparents in the UK can be a sponsor. If that is your question no they can not.

1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

If I am understanding your question correctly you are asking if your grandparents in the UK can be a sponsor. If that is your question no they can not.

Hello thanks for your reply, I don't mean my grandparents in the uk. I meant his grandparents in America. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Hello, I'm not sure if I've selected the correct topics, but I just need a little help. My husband is currently visiting me in the uk on a visiting visa and I was just wondering if his grandparents are allowed to co sign the affidavit of support form with him? They have said they want to support me moving, We are so close to finding out our decision if I'm allowed to immigrate to America and we want to do this together so he is going to be staying with me in the uk for a little bit longer. He has a job to go back to which he took time out from. So he is employed. He is just currently on vacation. Any support would be appreciated. Thanks 

His grandparents if USCs can be 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

His grandparents if USCs can be 

Hello thank you for your reply. Yeah they are both American citizens. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Hello thanks for your reply, I don't mean my grandparents in the uk. I meant his grandparents in America. 

Ok, sorry I misunderstood. Basically any USC can.

1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Ok, sorry I misunderstood. Basically any USC can.

That's okay. Thank you, I appreciate the response. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, UnIqUe said:

My current household size is 1, in USCIS is 2. How ?

hi

the minimum is always 2, the petitioner, and the beneficiary, the petitioner is also counted as part of the household size

the petitioner has to make enough income to cover him or herself, any dependents, plus the beneficiary

so if it's the petitioner and the beneficiary, it makes 2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
22 hours ago, aleful said:

hi

the minimum is always 2, the petitioner, and the beneficiary, the petitioner is also counted as part of the household size

the petitioner has to make enough income to cover him or herself, any dependents, plus the beneficiary

so if it's the petitioner and the beneficiary, it makes 2

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.