13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi everyone, me and my husband had our AOS interview today and the officer handed us a paper that our case was held for review. She explained how a conditionional green card works and said to give it two weeks to get a decision but also mentioned i should check the case status tonight for an update. She mentioned security checks. Do you think our case will be approved? The interview went well in my opinion but that paper kind of worries me though. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pzs said:

Hi everyone, me and my husband had our AOS interview today and the officer handed us a paper that our case was held for review. She explained how a conditionional green card works and said to give it two weeks to get a decision but also mentioned i should check the case status tonight for an update. She mentioned security checks. Do you think our case will be approved? The interview went well in my opinion but that paper kind of worries me though. 

I think the bolded part is a good sign....normally an IO won't delve into detail about how the green card works unless they were planning on recommending you for approval ;) 

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Going through said:

I think the bolded part is a good sign....normally an IO won't delve into detail about how the green card works unless they were planning on recommending you for approval ;) 

Thank you so much that really makes me feel better. The status still hasn’t changed from interview scheduled. Do you know if the case status updates regularly or does it take some time for it to catch up? Thank you. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pzs said:

Thank you so much that really makes me feel better. The status still hasn’t changed from interview scheduled. Do you know if the case status updates regularly or does it take some time for it to catch up? Thank you. 

Sometimes it updates right away, sometimes there's a lag.  I'm sure you'll hear something sooner, rather than later----in the meantime, kick your shoes off and relax for a little bit tonight, at least.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Going through said:

Sometimes it updates right away, sometimes there's a lag.  I'm sure you'll hear something sooner, rather than later----in the meantime, kick your shoes off and relax for a little bit tonight, at least.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. I will try to relax and hopefully get some good news soon! 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Going through said:

Update: i called uscis today and the rep told me i was approved yesterday around the same time i had my interview. I don’t know why io didn’t say so, online status still says interview scheduled 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pzs said:

Update: i called uscis today and the rep told me i was approved yesterday around the same time i had my interview. I don’t know why io didn’t say so, online status still says interview scheduled 

Because they can't say so most of the time----they can "recommend" for approval, and it goes through their supervisor for final decision.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Going through said:

Because they can't say so most of the time----they can "recommend" for approval, and it goes through their supervisor for final decision.

So the io already got the supervisors approval and approved my case? 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Pzs said:

So the io already got the supervisors approval and approved my case? 

You said you called and spoke to an agent (I assume an L2 officer), and that they told you that your AOS was approved...I'm going off of what you said earlier.

Edited by Going through

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Going through said:

You said you called and spoke to an agent (I assume an L2 officer), and that they told you that your AOS was approved...I'm going off of what you said earlier.

Yes i spoke to two different agents(called twice to make sure). They werent tier 2 they were just the regular agents, they both said the approval notice was sent to me and card was ordered. The only reason I’m a little confused is because my case status isn’t changing online. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pzs said:

Yes i spoke to two different agents(called twice to make sure). They werent tier 2 they were just the regular agents, they both said the approval notice was sent to me and card was ordered. The only reason I’m a little confused is because my case status isn’t changing online. 

The online status doesn't always update....that being said, however:

If I were in your shoes, I would ask to be transferred to a L2 and find out the status just to make sure if you're still wary---normally the regular customer service reps aren't able to access actual case details, as far as I know.

Timeline
Just now, Going through said:

The online status doesn't always update....that being said, however:

If I were in your shoes, I would ask to be transferred to a L2 and find out the status just to make sure if you're still wary---normally the regular customer service reps aren't able to access actual case details, as far as I know.

I will definitely do that. They did say they’re not able to provide me with more information but both agents i spoke to confirmed the application was approved. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.