shynepapin

I-864 Withdrawal Letter Sent, Pending I-751 and Divorce

48 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Johnq762 said:

Hey I am in same condition, I your help please 

I got your message and I willing to help by sharing my ideas, I'm also sure so many here in VisaJourney will be able to help you too. So, can you post details as to what is happening and is what current stage is your process in. Also, please share some details about the withdrawal situation, without knowing that no one can really direct you.

Fyi, I'm still in my process, waiting for an interview invitation letter or just an approval without an interview, it's all God's will that happens.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 9/25/2019 at 12:24 PM, shynepapin said:

I can tell you that yes it is still pending and it has been an ordeal. On Monday, I received a call from USCIS because I had been going back and forth with them for a while about an extension. Because I never got a new one, I received the old one that extend the green card for 18months from the original expiry date. The case i751 with waiver wasn't accepted easily, it was sent back and the receipt stated application was incomplete, that the spouse information needed to be provided on the application. I had a letter accompany the application and specify on the form that it was a waiver, I even had the withdrawal receipt in there too. I don't know how else to have filed it, but I guess the official wanted a joint filing or only knew about that, which I seriously doubt. It might as well be some naive official or one who doesn't know USCIS regulation on filing the i751 with a waiver. 

Anyway, I had done something different as it was constantly pounding my head at that time, I had made a duplicate of the application and sent it to the original location WAC(Cali) as well, the same exact application and all of the information and details, letter explaining the whole situation and that we hadn't even filed a divorce yet, receipt of the previous case and withdrawal notification, same exact application that was rejected, they accepted it despite it was not the location I should have sent it, forwarded it to SRC, check cashed. 

So, I guess that covers it for a back story on the situation of things. The constantly changing immigration policies now gives some officials justifiable reasons to make even more decision at their own discretion more than following procedure. I have been out of a job for more than 30days now and no employer wants to take me on due to the 3 months i-551 stamp that I was given some months ago because it would elapse soon. Hopefully, I get a one year this time and I can get back to the workforce. Divorce was finalized more than a month ago, 2 weeks later I sent a copy of the decree to USCIS, up until the time of writing this, I have not gotten any sort of acknowledgement.

@shynepapin Do you have any updates regarding your case? Yours and my cases are similar, just wondering if you received anything, mine still says fingerprint review completed November 2019.

1 hour ago, longuscisprocess said:

@shynepapin Do you have any updates regarding your case? Yours and my cases are similar, just wondering if you received anything, mine still says fingerprint review completed November 2019.

All I got is the same thing since November 2019 as well and all the i751 cases in my 500 group have been approved, a few transferred on to a new office due to jurisdiction, think that because they filled N400. Very few got RFE and responded and moved on over time. My case was received first week of April, 2019, been getting a little worried but not trying to think deeply into it because I got nothing to fear, doubt and worry about. No fraud was involved, moved 1200miles across different states in the U.S, lived happily together a d co-mingled all our lives for 6 years, with half in two states.

So just like you, I have some concerns, but considering what the world is dealing with and trump using DHS to enforce he's wartime president agenda in U.S states, and also budgets concerns. With that it is out of my control.

Timeline
4 hours ago, shynepapin said:

All I got is the same thing since November 2019 as well and all the i751 cases in my 500 group have been approved, a few transferred on to a new office due to jurisdiction, think that because they filled N400. Very few got RFE and responded and moved on over time. My case was received first week of April, 2019, been getting a little worried but not trying to think deeply into it because I got nothing to fear, doubt and worry about. No fraud was involved, moved 1200miles across different states in the U.S, lived happily together a d co-mingled all our lives for 6 years, with half in two states.

So just like you, I have some concerns, but considering what the world is dealing with and trump using DHS to enforce he's wartime president agenda in U.S states, and also budgets concerns. With that it is out of my control.

I am like you, concerned but not too worried. My service center is SRC and it looked like they were working rapidly fast few weeks ago, and randomly approving cases from 2019 to few early 2020s. My 500 group, I have like 5-6 of them left and I am July 2019 filer. Hope you hear something soon.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:45 PM, longuscisprocess said:

I am like you, concerned but not too worried. My service center is SRC and it looked like they were working rapidly fast few weeks ago, and randomly approving cases from 2019 to few early 2020s. My 500 group, I have like 5-6 of them left and I am July 2019 filer. Hope you hear something soon.

I am SRC too, I don't think they slowed down alone but a USCIS slow down generally. I surely hope they get to this cases soon as my case was received April 5th, 2019, and I still have the same status of fingerprint since November, my stamp is also about to expire, don't know how that is going to go if there's need to get a new one. I'm hoping it does get approved before that.

• 4 months later...
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 12:27 AM, shynepapin said:

I am SRC too, I don't think they slowed down alone but a USCIS slow down generally. I surely hope they get to this cases soon as my case was received April 5th, 2019, and I still have the same status of fingerprint since November, my stamp is also about to expire, don't know how that is going to go if there's need to get a new one. I'm hoping it does get approved before that.

@shynepapin any updates on your case yet? My stamp expires this month, I dont know if I want to get stamp or wait for their decision.

40 minutes ago, longuscisprocess said:

@shynepapin any updates on your case yet? My stamp expires this month, I dont know if I want to get stamp or wait for their decision.

There's no update, still untouched and couldn't get stamp unless I get a letter from a manager stating I needed a stamp. 

I'm waiting for the new government to be sworn-in in about 35 days. Also, would be putting together my N-400 and sending that in too in January.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, shynepapin said:

There's no update, still untouched and couldn't get stamp unless I get a letter from a manager stating I needed a stamp. 

I'm waiting for the new government to be sworn-in in about 35 days. Also, would be putting together my N-400 and sending that in too in January.

Just an update, I got stamp last week. I had a chat with emma, virtual one, and told her I cannot register for my classes because they placed me on hold and they want to see my status. I was told someone will call me within a week, I got a call, made an appointment and got the stamp. They did not tell me to bring anything though.

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone, I have a good news to share. I had interview yesterday and it has been approved. The interview made me worried because the officer told me someone call ICE over me back in 2017 to let them know that I was living separately from my husband. I did not lie and I told all the truth, all the dates and everything. The officer told me she was worried if I would lie her something and that would create more research for her, but I told all truth about our separation and divorce process. After 3 hours from the interview my status changed to card is being produced. I want to thank everyone here who helped me through this tremendous stressfull process, and also wish everyone best wishes. Truth is everything they want, and they know everything about us so be prepared for the interview and go get that god damn greencard.

2 hours ago, longuscisprocess said:

Hello everyone, I have a good news to share. I had interview yesterday and it has been approved. The interview made me worried because the officer told me someone call ICE over me back in 2017 to let them know that I was living separately from my husband. I did not lie and I told all the truth, all the dates and everything. The officer told me she was worried if I would lie her something and that would create more research for her, but I told all truth about our separation and divorce process. After 3 hours from the interview my status changed to card is being produced. I want to thank everyone here who helped me through this tremendous stressfull process, and also wish everyone best wishes. Truth is everything they want, and they know everything about us so be prepared for the interview and go get that god damn greencard.

Congrats! I am glad that everything worked out in your favor. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
3 hours ago, longuscisprocess said:

Congratulations!!!! What a good feeling...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.