M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 minute ago, Javier Mera said:

Nothing prohibits you from scheduling before the embassy notifies you. I would still recommend that if you do, do it with some time in between everything. In our case we didn't worry much about it afterwards because she had to wait until late April for the interview regardless. So if you guys are wanting to do everything as soon as possible then I would suggest waiting for the embassy to get your stuff and notify you. But again it's not that you can't go and start scheduling the appointments before hand.

Yeah, we're not trying to make the interview happen at literally the earliest possible date. (Just based on some of our own travel logistics, mid- to late-June is gonna be our best range for interview dates.) But since my fiance will be in Buenos Aires on May 14th anyway, it would be nice to just get the medical done then. One less thing to worry about later! 

I am getting a little discouraged because it sounds like if we do not get our case soon, our interview might not happen until July-August.  So, does this mean that there is a possibility that our NOA2 (expiration date of July 25th) will expire before our interview?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
21 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

Yeah, we're not trying to make the interview happen at literally the earliest possible date. (Just based on some of our own travel logistics, mid- to late-June is gonna be our best range for interview dates.) But since my fiance will be in Buenos Aires on May 14th anyway, it would be nice to just get the medical done then. One less thing to worry about later! 

You should ask to the embassy what to do or wait until the packet is at the embassy. 

How Javier did it worked good for him but I just sayed what I sayed because is what the instrctions packet inform. 

If you want to do it before you should ask to dr Grillo if she can do the medical exam that day because is kind of difficult to chose a date. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

I am getting a little discouraged because it sounds like if we do not get our case soon, our interview might not happen until July-August.  So, does this mean that there is a possibility that our NOA2 (expiration date of July 25th) will expire before our interview?

If the NOA2 expires before the interview, the embassy will give you a new date for it since is their fault the didn’t have sooner dates

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

@andreaam CEAC tracker shows Administrative Processing. I'm assuming that is normal for the time being? How long did yours take to change statuses?

I checked the next day around 4pm and it showd Issued already. I never saw the Administrative Processing. Is common to be under AP before being Issued, I just I never saw it because when I checked it was Issued already

Timeline
35 minutes ago, andreaam said:

I checked the next day around 4pm and it showd Issued already. I never saw the Administrative Processing. Is common to be under AP before being Issued, I just I never saw it because when I checked it was Issued already

it's showing Issued now. Hopefully it arrives in between this week and next.

Hola chicos!

My Argentine fiancé and I are waiting for our NOA2 (March filers) but just wanted to say thanks so much for all the information on P3/interview! I've been following this thread forever and have read all 38 pages... It's so helpful and encouraging to connect with fellow K1 couples from Argentina as we prepare for next steps.

Congrats to those approved and good luck to all on your journeys! And a special shout out to those immigrating to NYC (Brooklyn-based USC here) :D 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Got my case number from NVC! WHAT?!  So excited!  Too bad it won't make the shipment.  But, hey, we are closer!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

Hola chicos!

My Argentine fiancé and I are waiting for our NOA2 (March filers) but just wanted to say thanks so much for all the information on P3/interview! I've been following this thread forever and have read all 38 pages... It's so helpful and encouraging to connect with fellow K1 couples from Argentina as we prepare for next steps.

Congrats to those approved and good luck to all on your journeys! And a special shout out to those immigrating to NYC (Brooklyn-based USC here) :D 

Hey go NYC!! I’ll be in Astoria Queens. It seems it will be a lot of us down there!

How things are moving on USCIS people is waiting three months for a approval and not 5 like I did.

Keep your hopes up and don’t hesitate on posting here or through messages anytime you need help!

cheers!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Got my case number from NVC! WHAT?!  So excited!  Too bad it won't make the shipment.  But, hey, we are closer!

Gooooood!! Yes!! you are closer!!

Doing more research and can’t seem to find a solid answer. Hoping someone can help...

I know we need it translated but does the Acta de Nacimiento need to also be apostilled for use in the U.S. (i.e. getting a SSN and submitting for AOS)? What’s the process/timeline/cost? My fiancé lives in CABA. 

Edited by Andrea + Gaston

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

8 hours ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

Doing more research and can’t seem to find a solid answer. Hoping someone can help...

I know we need it translated but does the Acta de Nacimiento need to also be apostilled for use in the U.S. (i.e. getting a SSN and submitting for AOS)? What’s the process/timeline/cost? My fiancé lives in CABA. 

@Fernanda R Sanz Might have additional information.  But, I believe, if the visa is granted.  Then, to get SSN and AOS, the paperwork would be given by the proper organizations once you submit your marriage license, etc.  A SSN is granted because you are now considered a legal resident and are in the process of becoming an official citizen of the U.S.A., which will be based on U.S. documents and not the Argentinian birth certificate.  Maybe?  Just a thought.  Plus, from what I read, translations are not needed for English/Spanish as they are for other languages.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

So, we have the DS-160 almost ready and a lot of things gathered.  Should we wait until it is "ready" at the embassy before we print and prep anything?  I know we have to wait for the medical and the certificate, but wondering if we could be doing something.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
10 hours ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

I know the 'Acta de Nacimiento' is needed for AOS but I don't know if it needs to be translated. In the embassy interview, when I showed my Acta, the consul told me to take it with me with the US because I'll need it later. They just told me to take it with me and didn't mention about apostilled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.