trinitylc

I-751 transferred to National Benefits Center without filing N-400, what to expect?

173 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2019 at 6:52 PM, trinitylc said:

Called USCIS this morning, so far they are swearing that it's a standard workload processing, no RFE or interview needed. I submitted like about 300 pages of different dociments, lots of paperwork indeed! You know, I'd be happy if it's an interview, just not that endless waiting again! 😢

Hi, can I ask you about how to call uscis to talk with somebody? Recently I can’t call them , I think government shutdown so nobody working on that. I called 1-800-xxx , before if having problem with case, choose option. Now I can’t choose , only hearing if have problem about the case , go website and do online. I don’t understand, I really want to talk with them. Many thanks to your help.

I called that same 800 number, chose the option 'for permanent residents' and then 'if you don't know or lost your receipt number'. Waited like forever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My initial submission of I751 was recieved today, and it was sent to the NBC.  So I am thinking that many are being sent for rutine processing. 

I could also be wrong and forgot something small, but I just wanted to quell some fears. 

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

9 hours ago, mamata74 said:

Has anyone in here been approved or heard anything after being transferred to NBC? Mine status never changed online and did not receive any mail, just called uscis and they told april 12 my case was transferred to National benefit center. When i asked him why he said its uscis decision.

You should be getting an interview date within 60 days of transferring to lee Summit. Sorry to bring you this unfortunate news but thats whats happening by my knowledge so far of you haven't filed n400. Get peppered and if they approve without interview... than. Congrats!

11 hours ago, zMay said:

You should be getting an interview date within 60 days of transferring to lee Summit. Sorry to bring you this unfortunate news but thats whats happening by my knowledge so far of you haven't filed n400. Get peppered and if they approve without interview... than. Congrats!

So, Lee summit will schedule the interview date within 60 days or my local service center will(seattle)? I heard lot of peoples who got transferred  they dont hear for monthss, just wondering 60 days or more than that?

20 minutes ago, mamata74 said:

So, Lee summit will schedule the interview date within 60 days or my local service center will(seattle)? I heard lot of peoples who got transferred  they dont hear for monthss, just wondering 60 days or more than that?

I really don't know who schedule interviews.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:26 PM, mamata74 said:

Has anyone in here been approved or heard anything after being transferred to NBC? Mine status never changed online and did not receive any mail, just called uscis and they told april 12 my case was transferred to National benefit center. When i asked him why he said its uscis decision.

Nope, I heard nothing and it’s been 30 days since transfer to NBC. Waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My I-751 was received on October 11, 2017, and it was proceeding smoothly. Then, on February 27, 2018, it was transferred to the local field office for final adjudication. However, according to the most recent processing report from the California Service Center, which was processing the case originally, the application should have been adjudicated by now.

I was wondering if there is anyone having a similar experience. My Permanent Resident Card is expired and the only proof of my legal status is the extension notification. I'm concerned because the extension expires in a few months.

1 hour ago, mamata74 said:

Was your case updated online? 

Status was updated to “case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction”  on 4/3/2019. Exactly 30 days ago. Paper notice came in on 4/8/2019 and it said that it was transferred to National Benefits Center. Nothing since then.

19 hours ago, phjs said:

My I-751 was received on October 11, 2017, and it was proceeding smoothly. Then, on February 27, 2018, it was transferred to the local field office for final adjudication. However, according to the most recent processing report from the California Service Center, which was processing the case originally, the application should have been adjudicated by now.

I was wondering if there is anyone having a similar experience. My Permanent Resident Card is expired and the only proof of my legal status is the extension notification. I'm concerned because the extension expires in a few months.

30 days before extension expires, you need to schedule an info pass appointment and go stamp your passport in your local office. If case is pending more than the processing time in california service center, you can also submit a inquiry that case is out of processions time.  

Edited by vvp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.