Jump to content
metehn

i485 without i765

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I sent i485 without i765(couldnt realize that i should send it) , i485 form start to progress at the end of Sept 2018.

I have to work immediately unfortunately i didnt sent i765 form with my i485. I need to work immediately because my financials almost over.

My question, Which one takes longer time

   - Waiting to i485 come out or sending i765 form to get EAD card asap. 

 

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, metehn said:

Hello,

I sent i485 without i765(couldnt realize that i should send it) , i485 form start to progress at the end of Sept 2018.

I have to work immediately unfortunately i didnt sent i765 form with my i485. I need to work immediately because my financials almost over.

My question, Which one takes longer time

   - Waiting to i485 come out or sending i765 form to get EAD card asap. 

 

Thanks.

 

I would send in I765 with a copy of employment letter and ask for an expedite, what I would not do in your spot, is work without that card, HUGE no, no...plz do not let the cross your mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure to send your NOA1 for your I-485, otherwise they'll deny your application for not paying the fees (which is free if you applied for I-485 but they don't know that you have one pending) Depending on your field office, sometimes GC goes faster then EAD, but in general GC takes about 1-2 years. I would file for EAD anyway. You can check https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ to see the processing times of your local office for GC. EAD takes about 4-6 months, but like someone else said, sometimes you can expedite if you have a valid job offer or a valid reason (financial loss etc)

Edited by C90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C90 said:

Make sure to send your NOA1 for your I-485, otherwise they'll deny your application for not paying the fees (which is free if you applied for I-485 but they don't know that you have one pending) Depending on your field office, sometimes GC goes faster then EAD, but in general GC takes about 1-2 years. I would file for EAD anyway. You can check https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ to see the processing times of your local office for GC. EAD takes about 4-6 months, but like someone else said, sometimes you can expedite if you have a valid job offer or a valid reason (financial loss etc

Is it NOA 1 or NOA 2 that u have to send with I-485? I thought it was NOA 2. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liflead said:

Is it NOA 1 or NOA 2 that u have to send with I-485? I thought it was NOA 2. 🤔

I got both NOA1 and NOA2. 

NOA2 is for fingerprint appointment, isn`t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is some thing that i want a clarification on sending I-765 separately from I-485..what i know is you must submit EAD,AP,and i-485 together and ead and ap would be free but if you submit it separately you must pay for ead or ap ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, icanbenobody said:

I think there is some thing that i want a clarification on sending I-765 separately from I-485..what i know is you must submit EAD,AP,and i-485 together and ead and ap would be free but if you submit it separately you must pay for ead or ap ?

 

 

USCIS says if you applied for i485 you don't have to pay for i765 application fee ( with i485 or later )

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, metehn said:

USCIS says if you applied for i485 you don't have to pay for i765 application fee ( with i485 or later )

 

 

I had to do some search. You're right. 

 

Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you are filing Form I-485 (or already filed a Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007), you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document for advance parole. You may file these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of that you filed a Form I-485.

If you filed your Form I-485 before July 30, 2007, you must pay the fees associated with Forms I-765 and/or I-131 when you file them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, C90 said:

Make sure to send your NOA1 for your I-485, otherwise they'll deny your application for not paying the fees (which is free if you applied for I-485 but they don't know that you have one pending) Depending on your field office, sometimes GC goes faster then EAD, but in general GC takes about 1-2 years. I would file for EAD anyway. You can check https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ to see the processing times of your local office for GC. EAD takes about 4-6 months, but like someone else said, sometimes you can expedite if you have a valid job offer or a valid reason (financial loss etc)

My problem is expedite the progress coz i didn't know that i have to send it with i485, i was thinking i will get my EAD card soon ( apx 3 months later after Sept 2018 )

Anyways it's what it's. 

I will apply for i765 asap. 

Thanks a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Liflead said:

Is it NOA 1 or NOA 2 that u have to send with I-485? I thought it was NOA 2. 🤔

So usually you submit everything together (I-485, I-765 and I-131), but in this case only I-485 was submitted. If I-765 is send now without proof of pending I-485, you have to pay the full fee. So in this case you send NOA1 from your I-485. NOA2 from K1 should be send with I-485 submission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×