11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

I sent i485 without i765(couldnt realize that i should send it) , i485 form start to progress at the end of Sept 2018.

I have to work immediately unfortunately i didnt sent i765 form with my i485. I need to work immediately because my financials almost over.

My question, Which one takes longer time

- Waiting to i485 come out or sending i765 form to get EAD card asap. 

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, metehn said:

Hello,

I sent i485 without i765(couldnt realize that i should send it) , i485 form start to progress at the end of Sept 2018.

I have to work immediately unfortunately i didnt sent i765 form with my i485. I need to work immediately because my financials almost over.

My question, Which one takes longer time

- Waiting to i485 come out or sending i765 form to get EAD card asap. 

Thanks.

I would send in I765 with a copy of employment letter and ask for an expedite, what I would not do in your spot, is work without that card, HUGE no, no...plz do not let the cross your mind.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Make sure to send your NOA1 for your I-485, otherwise they'll deny your application for not paying the fees (which is free if you applied for I-485 but they don't know that you have one pending) Depending on your field office, sometimes GC goes faster then EAD, but in general GC takes about 1-2 years. I would file for EAD anyway. You can check https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ to see the processing times of your local office for GC. EAD takes about 4-6 months, but like someone else said, sometimes you can expedite if you have a valid job offer or a valid reason (financial loss etc)

Edited by C90

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 hour ago, C90 said:

Make sure to send your NOA1 for your I-485, otherwise they'll deny your application for not paying the fees (which is free if you applied for I-485 but they don't know that you have one pending) Depending on your field office, sometimes GC goes faster then EAD, but in general GC takes about 1-2 years. I would file for EAD anyway. You can check https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ to see the processing times of your local office for GC. EAD takes about 4-6 months, but like someone else said, sometimes you can expedite if you have a valid job offer or a valid reason (financial loss etc

Is it NOA 1 or NOA 2 that u have to send with I-485? I thought it was NOA 2. 🤔

Timeline
1 hour ago, Liflead said:

I got both NOA1 and NOA2. 

NOA2 is for fingerprint appointment, isn`t it?

I think there is some thing that i want a clarification on sending I-765 separately from I-485..what i know is you must submit EAD,AP,and i-485 together and ead and ap would be free but if you submit it separately you must pay for ead or ap ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, icanbenobody said:

I think there is some thing that i want a clarification on sending I-765 separately from I-485..what i know is you must submit EAD,AP,and i-485 together and ead and ap would be free but if you submit it separately you must pay for ead or ap ?

USCIS says if you applied for i485 you don't have to pay for i765 application fee ( with i485 or later )

2 minutes ago, metehn said:

USCIS says if you applied for i485 you don't have to pay for i765 application fee ( with i485 or later )

I had to do some search. You're right. 

Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you are filing Form I-485 (or already filed a Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007), you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document for advance parole. You may file these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of that you filed a Form I-485.

If you filed your Form I-485 before July 30, 2007, you must pay the fees associated with Forms I-765 and/or I-131 when you file them

Timeline
3 hours ago, C90 said:

Make sure to send your NOA1 for your I-485, otherwise they'll deny your application for not paying the fees (which is free if you applied for I-485 but they don't know that you have one pending) Depending on your field office, sometimes GC goes faster then EAD, but in general GC takes about 1-2 years. I would file for EAD anyway. You can check https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ to see the processing times of your local office for GC. EAD takes about 4-6 months, but like someone else said, sometimes you can expedite if you have a valid job offer or a valid reason (financial loss etc)

My problem is expedite the progress coz i didn't know that i have to send it with i485, i was thinking i will get my EAD card soon ( apx 3 months later after Sept 2018 )

Anyways it's what it's. 

I will apply for i765 asap. 

Thanks a lot.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, Liflead said:

So usually you submit everything together (I-485, I-765 and I-131), but in this case only I-485 was submitted. If I-765 is send now without proof of pending I-485, you have to pay the full fee. So in this case you send NOA1 from your I-485. NOA2 from K1 should be send with I-485 submission

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.