diadromous mermaid

At the Risk of Sounding Like A Broken Record

78 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I answered this here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=931522

If you can not accept this answer then that is ok. That is a choice you can make. I guess in your mind I am not working hard enough and I can accept that. I do try and make everyone happy and to give the best user experience here as I can however sometimes I can not answer every question, fix every bug nor be online enough each day to respond fast enough. I work on things for the site plenty of dozens of hours a week but it would take hundreds of hours a week to even come close to being perfect. My cyborg chip though is broken... ;)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love you, Captain Ewok! I think you do a fine job!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Gone. I am sorry but I am not going to be bullied. I gave my answer. You can accept it or not but please do not continue to badger me like this. It is not polite and also not productive. If you have a personal gripe then PM me.

:lol:

I'm sorry if you think I'm bullying you. Far from it. A lot of people have asked a simple question which you have refused continuously to answer directly. You have not given a valid answer and I have told you why. I don't intend to badger, but if there was a real answer or action then there would be no continuation of this re-occuring question of lifting the block.

Now I feel that asking anything is futile because you are going to continue to treat me this way. I rebelled against my parents saying "do it because I said so" a loooong time ago. I'm not going to start accepting it now. I'm 42 and not stupid. If this is getting personal it is because you are making it so, not me, and as I said to you previously, which you also ignored, why does it need to be sorted privately in a PM. I'm asking a question that a lot of people here want answering. They have asked the question themselves time and time again. How is dealing with it on PM to me going to satisfy them? It's not.

It's not personal. It's a site related question and I'm asking it, as are many others, in the right place. We are just not getting any answers that handle the questions being asked.

I'll not ask it again because a nag is someone who repeatedly requests something from someone who continuously avoids it. Without that avoidance there is no nag. You have the power to resolve this and everyone else can see it. You are choosing to make this a problem not us.

Now I'll be quiet.

prestoportaitww0.jpg

My Timeline is the same as TracyTN

Timeline

Gone in my post pages ago I said "Next regarding this thread I will lift the block shortly once there are more mods and the site is back to normal." Now while this may not be the answer that you want to hear (you want me to work this issue this very second) it is the answer I gave. Please respect that I have answered your question. Thank you.

(I should add that I have appointed another Scout yesterday and am adding the extra moderator features this weekend likely that will help the site tremendously in terms of spotting TOS fires faster (arguements out of control, trolls, etc)).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

While I agree that the censoring of the URL should be lifted, I don't agree with many of the posts in here. I own several websites of my own, including one message board. I did have 3 message boards at one time. If the members had posted this kind of ####### on my board, I would have shut the damn thing down just to show them who REALLY has control over the board. It's not a power thing - it's a "don't you dare tell me what to do with my own damn board" thing. If I can't feel comfortable on my own message board, it'll go bye bye or the entire member list will be deleted and I'll start all over.

Don't be surprised if continually berating Ewok ends up producing the same result.

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Well said and I am in total agreement with you Gone. It is simply beyond my comprehension that this ban has still not been lifted. I asked the same question twice earlier in this thread and it's obvious now that this will never be answered and I assume the ban will never be lifted. I do believe I have nothing more to say here.
I thought it was all getting sorted out, anyway.

That's exactly the point and the question at hand. Again, if excellent information regarding a VJ poster's question is available on that site, why can't I direct them there by providing the link www.***removed***.com just like I can direct people www.immigrate2us.net?

If would lovely if you could simply address publicly -- here in the open forum -- why the link is still blocked since Diad is not the only one asking.

Thanks KitKat. It's really me agreeing with you and mermaid amongst others tho. I too have nothing left to say because the answers are not forthcoming. I've already said I don't expect E to spend hours on a project, just lift the block now and handle the questions when he has time available. Lifting the block stops all this instantly, but it does not mean that other links appearing would be rife or a problem that requires moderator action to trim.

Yank me if you like. I'm just a lurker here from now on for info I need. If I have questions about my journey, there are other places I can ask them. I'm outta here.

prestoportaitww0.jpg

My Timeline is the same as TracyTN

While I agree that the censoring of the URL should be lifted, I don't agree with many of the posts in here. I own several websites of my own, including one message board. I did have 3 message boards at one time. If the members had posted this kind of ####### on my board, I would have shut the damn thing down just to show them who REALLY has control over the board. It's not a power thing - it's a "don't you dare tell me what to do with my own damn board" thing. If I can't feel comfortable on my own message board, it'll go bye bye or the entire member list will be deleted and I'll start all over.

Don't be surprised if continually berating Ewok ends up producing the same result.

I believe Ewok to be way more fair than to display such a trip. I DO fear he will give up on all of us due to the attempt by some members to "out" an issue. If it not resolved yet, it is not resolved yet. If the block is lifted, then it is because Ewok feels appropriate to do so. Members can be upset about a confusing situation, but asking the same questions again and again is really only driving the sore spot more. Try to be fair.

i (L) Ewok AND AW

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe Ewok to be way more fair than to display such a trip. I DO fear he will give up on all of us due to the attempt by some members to "out" an issue. If it not resolved yet, it is not resolved yet. If the block is lifted, then it is because Ewok feels appropriate to do so. Members can be upset about a confusing situation, but asking the same questions again and again is really only driving the sore spot more. Try to be fair.

i (L) Ewok AND AW

:thumbs:

I think some people think Ewok is super human or something :unsure:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i (L) Ewok AND AW

:thumbs:

I don't think that's it at all.

From a basic time management perspective, if 5 people have a question, answering them all at once is more time effective than answering each individually. If the issue has been that Ewok has been busy with various activities (as we all get, and justifiably so), then answering those 5 (or 20 or 30 or whatever) people in one place, fully and completely, is much more time effective.

I manage 6 people. I have team meetings, not one-on-one sessions. Spend one hour instead of six. It's basic. I will also say that there are times that having six one-on-one meetings makes more sense. I don't think this is one of those occasions.

ETA: What I'm trying to say is that what I keep reading in these posts is that the answer "I haven't had time" along with the invitation to PM Ewok directly seems to be in direct conflict with each other concept-wise. I was trying to explain why it doesn't for me...based on my own experiences. Just wanted to be clear. :)

However, most of it matters not. It's Ewok's site and what he says goes. Not much to be done but decide if that's the community one wants to be in. For some it works, for others, maybe not so much.

Edited by ceriserose

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No really MarilynP. Some people think that it would take 2 seconds to unblock the link.

Timeline

The answer I put in this thread would be the same if I PM'd people. As was said before, rubbing a sore wound is not the right way to make ones point. I do my best to help but it is hard when I am being attacked for my decisions. Thank you for those that understand. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:unsure: WOW it is safe to say... :unsure: I have NO IDEA what this is about...I did not know there was another site, I found VJ on accident, and thank GOD I did it has really helped me alot, and I have made some good friends here. Edited by Heather & Justice

However, most of it matters not. It's Ewok's site and what he says goes. Not much to be done but decide if that's the community one wants to be in. For some it works, for others, maybe not so much.

:yes:

Thank you for understanding. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I thought he had answered the question already...

it seems like it is on his list of things to do....

I'm not arguing one way or the other Marilyn. I'm actually not arguing at all. I can just see both sides. It seems illogical to me to spend post after post explaining or justifying the reasons why something's not been done when that time could be spent doing it. Or to offer to field questions one at a time privately when it's been stated that it's been answered here and that's the answer a PM would get (i.e. not much point PMing then either).

For me this isn't any sort of a value judgment on anyone. What I may see as illogical may make perfect sense to someone else. And that's okay. But when there is a perception that doesn't make sense, then human tendency is to question. This thread is those questions...repeated when the answers still don't satisfy.

Again, just looking at the overall picture. Ewok knows what he has to do and in what order he wants to do it, which is completely his perogative. For some that explanation may satisfy and for others it doesn't. It seems to me that the longer it takes, the more some may question. Maybe that might change Ewok's prioritization and maybe it won't. *shrugs* I dunno! :lol:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.