diadromous mermaid

At the Risk of Sounding Like A Broken Record

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, and might I add, I am not interested in beating this to death, but I think an answer should be forthcoming.

If all issues that cropped up in the past have now been settled, why is it that when I direct someone to another site where I am also an active member, it still shows up as ********** REMOVED ************

This is beyond frustrating,!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, I have indeed now received an email from AW (4:30EST was sent and now recv'd). I will certainly respond to her points and let you know her thoughts that she expressed in the email. I hope that you will respect the situation and that it is between myself and her.

Firstly let me say that I apologize to AW and anyone else for my initial reactions to this and in anyway if I dispairaged her character. I do try hard and my intentions are true... no one is perfect and I am trying to do my best. AW is a good person and truthfully someone I always thought of as a friend. AW respectfully declined the offer to chat, in either visajourney or personally by phone, now and in the future. That is her decision and I will respect it.

AW also did agree that this matter does need to come to an end. It has gotten out of perspective and is not helpful to the many members around this and other sites and distracts from the goal of this and many sites on the internet -- to share experiences and make the immigration process less stressfull while promoting education on the topic. In the end I appreciate her comments and agree with her on what she said.

To AW again. I apologize if I reacted quick at the hip initially and the resulting snowball effect was truly not what I planned. I regret that the things that happened caused strain to both you and me personally. To everyone here, I hope this can show you that AW and I would like to put this behind us. I hope that you can respect that decision that we both have made (to move on and focus on what really matters -- the other members and community at large).

I also just want to thank everyone for what you have done for the immigration community as a whole :). We are at a better place today than years ago because of everyones contributions and the many communities out there.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68943

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

I don't get what the deal is. Are we only allowed to be members of one immigration group? Not that I am a member of another group or anything but I find it ridiculous that this censorship is taking place. I belong to two Egypt forums and I mention the name of the other in both forums. It never gets censored. Also, I have advertised this particular forum on one of the Egypt forums and several members have joined here. This is the only forum in which other forum names are censored. What's the big deal?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't get what the deal is. Are we only allowed to be members of one immigration group? Not that I am a member of another group or anything but I find it ridiculous that this censorship is taking place. I belong to two Egypt forums and I mention the name of the other in both forums. It never gets censored. Also, I have advertised this particular forum on one of the Egypt forums and several members have joined here. This is the only forum in which other forum names are censored. What's the big deal?

no, that isn't it at all.. out of the tonnes of immigration sites, he has only blocked this one supposedly because of a misunderstanding.... but I think it is in the process of being cleared up...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I am having trouble understanding the uproar over their link being "blocked" here, especially when the website in question is also BUSINESS selling a research e-book and within IT'S own rules for members has this...

"Advertising - Threads/posts/signatures etc blatantly advertising a business website outside of the designated 'Members Businesses' Forum is not permitted and shall be removed. Abuse of this rule will result in the account being banned....."

Aside from that and the whole " did she say to Ewok she was affiliated with the site or not" discussion-which I believe Ewok was trying to open lines of communication about with her-I personally don't care how many immigration boards are out there-and honestly, sincere KUDOS to AW for that site.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Other Timeline

From the VJ TOS:

"In the discussion forums you may discuss or recommend third-party Web sites, goods or services, so long as you have no financial interest in and receive no direct or indirect benefit from such Web sites, products or services, or the recommendation of such."

Timeline

Thinking back to when it all " went down" the issue seemed to go alot deeper than just " advertising" -and I know no one wants to rehash it all up again.

All I was pointing out was that the rules are as implicit over there with regards to not being allowed to advertise as they are here to [seemingly] to allow it.

I thought it was all getting sorted out, anyway.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's exactly the point and the question at hand. Again, if excellent information regarding a VJ poster's question is available on that site, why can't I direct them there by providing the link www.***removed***.com just like I can direct people www.immigrate2us.net?

Timeline

That's exactly the point and the question at hand. Again, if excellent information regarding a VJ poster's question is available on that site, why can't I direct them there by providing the link www.***removed***.com just like I can direct people www.immigrate2us.net?

I have no idea-like I said , my guess is that ALL the issues musn't have been sorted out yet.....maybe? Still leaves my question as to why it's NOT allowed on the other site, yet allowed here {per VJ TOS that Becca posted up there}-doesn't seem fair....but that's just me and MHO. I don't know what exactly happened or what was said between Ewok and AW....No one does but them, obviously.

But, you are right, the more available information, the better. Hopefully it will get sorted out, but it seems that Ewok still has reason to block it. Maybe he will update his TOS to not allow advertising too?

Edited by tmma

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Timeline
tmma, we aren't talking about what happens on FBI or FBI's Forum Rules.

We are talking about what happens on VJ and the VJ TOS.

It doesn't matter whether it's 'fair' or not. They are two separate issues.

"Doesn't matter what's fair or unfair..."????? Rebecca that's a completely different attitude from what alot were saying afew days ago.

Well, I don't have time to flog this to death. I was just curious as to why Ewok is expected to advertise that site when advertising is prohibited there....That's all.

Sep from that...I do wish AW and that site well...I really do. This is not personal to me at all...( especially if it really "does not matter what's fair or unfair")....and it's sad that there seems to be lines drawn when we are all really in this together....but me, personally, I still have questions about the whole fiasco a week or so ago.

gtg to a conf now....

have a nice day. :thumbs:

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I was just curious as to why Ewok is expected to advertise that site when advertising is prohibited there....That's all.

I can't see what make a referral to another site with valuable information for a poster "advertising". Clearly it isn't advertising. It's a referral to a place where the poster can find the information he is looking for. When I refer someone to www.immigrate2us.net for information on waivers, I'm not "advertising" the site - I'm helping the desperate poster find information that isn't covered in-depth here.

From the VJ TOS:

"In the discussion forums you may discuss or recommend third-party Web sites, goods or services, so long as you have no financial interest in and receive no direct or indirect benefit from such Web sites, products or services, or the recommendation of such."

VJ Members...

Per the TOS, the interpretation is debatable. However, referencing another website is a form of advertising, whether it's intentional or not. I recommend that you PM other members that are in need of other sources of information that way avoiding such problems. Another recommendation is PMing Capt. Ewok prior to posting your site reference for confirmation or to receive advice. Although a member’s advertisement of a certain website may be earnest, if done without prior approval, the member runs the risk of their post being modified or deleted. It is at the discretion of those in charge of VJ. Although membership is free, there are limitations, which is why the TOS exists.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.