vkrishn

Restriction on number of lines with respect to "signature"

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Mods,

I see that "Signature" field has a restriction of number of lines. Can we increase the lines to 100 instead of 50? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Not at this time.  Your signature takes almost 2x screens on my 15" macbook pro.  We would like to keep signatures to a reasonable limit, sorry!  If there is another way let me know!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 1/2/2019 at 2:03 AM, Captain Ewok said:

Not at this time.  Your signature takes almost 2x screens on my 15" macbook pro.  We would like to keep signatures to a reasonable limit, sorry!  If there is another way let me know!

Can opposite be be done, and allow ignoring signatures regardless of the members rank and status. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 12/31/2018 at 3:35 PM, vkrishn said:

Hi Mods,

I see that "Signature" field has a restriction of number of lines. Can we increase the lines to 100 instead of 50? 

Can it be reduced to below 50? Like 25 lines or less?

It is very annoying when you are reading  threads and then you have 50 lines of signature of somebody's immigration timelines in all in their replies...

I thought the timeline feature of the website is for that...

Or maybe it could be arranged in the TOS to forbitd to add immigration timelines with dates and steps to the Signature?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Easy Solution would be for a "button"  called "Signature" that can be shown to all the users than show all the lines from signature. This solves two problems :-

1. If  others in the site are interested in the signature of the OP or person posting the comment,  they can click it and see the entire history so that all the lines in the signature don't show up by default rather only the button called signature is seen by them. If the users click it then they see the entire history and if they don't they will not see it. Simple. 

2. This also helps with having the entire history in signature. 

Problem with VJ timelines is that it does not differentiate between say myself and my spouse for N-400 and not very continous to show all the details either. Having some of the details with respect to dates in signature helps with gauging the timeline of the case.