GVANESSA233

BANK STATEMENTS

22 posts in this topic

I do not have a joint back account with my husband.... is that like a very important thing to have ? We do have paypal where i send money to him and he sends me money and it has my name when i send to him and also when he sends to me ... 

21 minutes ago, GVANESSA233 said:

I do not have a joint back account with my husband.... is that like a very important thing to have ? We do have paypal where i send money to him and he sends me money and it has my name when i send to him and also when he sends to me ...

Do you live together (or at least near each other)? If yes, you can easily open a joint account. If he already submitted the I-130, then you can save the joint bank statements for the visa interview (they may or may not accept to see it, but it's good to have just in case).

Edited by lummo

46 minutes ago, lummo said:

Do you live together (or at least near each other)? If yes, you can easily open a joint account. If he already submitted the I-130, then you can save the joint bank statements for the visa interview (they may or may not accept to see it, but it's good to have just in case).

Yes we do live together ... so i guess i might as well go open an joint account 

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well, I would say is best to have it if they ask for it thn not having it. Go and get it, it wouldn't hurt u. My husband is from a high fraud country "Ghana", so I went and get a joint bank account.  I already had a capital one credit card so just added as a authorized user. A card was mailed in his name. Hes now using it in Ghana. I keep all statements to show we are both on the same account.

I would say cover all ur basics.....don't leave any room for the CO to question ur marriage 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Definitely, it is a very good thing to have! Get one if you can, and as far as possible BEFORE you send the application. If it is opened right before you file it might be considered not as strong of a proof.

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

1 minute ago, jcra615 said:

Definitely, it is a very good thing to have! Get one if you can, and as far as possible BEFORE you send the application. If it is opened right before you file it might be considered not as strong of a proof.

Do you think our PayPal transactions are good those go as far as when we started dating 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

I don't think there is anything wrong with sending those - you can only send what you have, so I would say definitely send those.

However, there is a big difference between periodically sending each other money back and forth and having a shared bank account or multiple shared accounts. Having a shared bank account shows financial comingling ... the sharing of finances that are generally found in any marriage, from which each party can take, share, contribute, etc. The PayPal receipts will not show that financial comingling, which they will want to see in your application.

With that in mind, definitely make a shared bank account, or multiple shared accounts, as soon as possible. 

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very confusing OP

you are sending money back and forth but live together?

site says DR but someone says Ghana?

Ghana is a high fraud country and contrary to the believe you should send money to there /  immigration does not think so

it looks to them as the high fraud person is using the USC

it is best not to offer proof of sending money

commingling is best 

if you have married ,  add him to your tax returns (IRS site tells u how to do this)   by applying for his ITIN 

then u can add him to joint account here in the USA by getting a POA from him to do banking transactions/ although most banks will not allow him to have a debit card till he is actually in the USA

1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

if you have married ,  add him to your tax returns (IRS site tells u how to do this)   by applying for his ITIN 

then u can add him to joint account here in the USA by getting a POA from him to do banking transactions/ although most banks will not allow him to have a debit card till he is actually in the USA

OP is the immigrant; her husband is the USC. OP is in the US with DACA. OP already has a SSN. OP is not eligible for AOS, so she has to interview in the DR.

Ghana is a high fraud country and contrary to the believe you should send money to there / immigration does not think so

OP is from DR. Another user, @AfricanQ, is from Ghana.

They live together in Connecticut.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 hours ago, AfricanQ said:

Well, I would say is best to have it if they ask for it thn not having it. Go and get it, it wouldn't hurt u. My husband is from a high fraud country "Ghana", so I went and get a joint bank account.  I already had a capital one credit card so just added as a authorized user. A card was mailed in his name. Hes now using it in Ghana. I keep all statements to show we are both on the same account.

I would say cover all ur basics.....don't leave any room for the CO to question ur marriage 

I like the statement.... cover all your bases..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, GVANESSA233 said:

Do you think our PayPal transactions are good those go as far as when we started dating 

NO.  Sending money back and forth is NOT evidence of co-mingling of finances.  Depending on who is sending how much to whom and how often, it can look bad rather than good.  If you CAN open a joint account, do it.  If not, I recommend against showing evidence of money transfers.  Concentrate on evidence of time spent together in person.  If you live together, that is HUGE evidence of a bona fide marriage.  Forget about what means little and CAN hurt rather than help.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

5 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Very confusing OP

Ghana is a high fraud country and contrary to the believe you should send money to there /  immigration does not think so

it is best not to offer proof of sending money

commingling is best 

I am the beneficiary lol i have DACA and we both live in the us ..sorry for the confusion but we never really needed a joint account i use his debit card as credit cards lol if i need like $600 for the rent and i don’t have it on one of my other reviews cards he would PayPal it to me .. like even when we first met  in 2016 if he would pay for gas or my hair he would PayPal it to me . 

4 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

NO.  Sending money back and forth is NOT evidence of co-mingling of finances.  Depending on who is sending how much to whom and how often, it can look bad rather than good.  If you CAN open a joint account, do it.  If not, I recommend against showing evidence of money transfers.  Concentrate on evidence of time spent together in person.  If you live together, that is HUGE evidence of a bona fide marriage.  Forget about what means little and CAN hurt rather than help.

Yes we been living together for 3 years married 2 i have my leases , rent payments etc i will start my process in Jan i don’t think opening a joint account now would be if any use

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
15 minutes ago, GVANESSA233 said:

Yes we been living together for 3 years married 2 i have my leases , rent payments etc i will start my process in Jan i don’t think opening a joint account now would be if any use

Right.  Not really.  Living together 3 years trumps everything else you could combine in terms of evidence.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.