daisy16

DID YOU WATCH THE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yippee! This is my first poll! :dance::dance:

Let's hope I set it up right.

I'm taking a college course about American Government and our homework was to watch the State of the Union Address last night. I am just curious as to whether many people watch this.

Go ahead and give your opinions about it too.

Thanks

PS I loved the line about Americans being addicted to oil. :yes:

edited: damn it didnt' work, what happened to all those brilliant questions I made up?

Edited by daisy16

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Looks like you forgot to attach the poll! I didn't watch the address - I caught the two minute highlights on the news this morning and that was more than enough politics for me!

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

I watched on and off. I thought it was boring.

I noticed the part about him mentioning his "personal crisis" regarding the close friendship that has developed between his father and former president clinton. Thought that was funny. Hillary had an uncomfortable smile on her face when he said that, I don't think she lieks it much either.

W mentioned the friendship earlier too, in an interview. He squirmed and grinned self consciously when he said it.

I have a feeling both him and Hillary don't like it.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Watched it with hubby....

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Timeline

Hubby watched it, but I didnt. :yes:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I heard excerpts on the radio.

Terrorists

Terrorists

Terrorists

War

War

War

State of the Union is strong!

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Didn't watch it for the first time in years, but they don't broadcast it in Germany.

I'm actually glad I didn't see it because every time I hear and/or see the POTUS my blood pressure gets way out of control and I start twitching. Considering that he talked about an issue I'm highly invested in (alternative energies and all conservation stuff), I probably would have destroyed the TV-set because of his grand plans to change "oil addiction" by 2025 but not now.

Sorry, I just can't help it...

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bush had a big fat grin on his face, probably thinking he sounded very important and intelligent reading the words that a dozen other people had written for him.

There was nothing new in the speech. War on Terror - great, Terrorist Surveillance Program - wonderful :rolleyes:

The "State of our union is strong" eh? That will be the one that doesn't have the massive ideological split down the middle. But then Bush et al seem to pander to like half the population and ignore the rest.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hubster and I watched.... msnyawing.gif

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We all sat and watched it, as a family. We were all in agreement that, based on the last SOTU address, any promises he made to do anything wouldn't be forthcoming, just as they weren't in the last one.

The one thing he said that made me shoot coffee from my mouth was when he said that he wanted to see "consistency" in all government offices. Well.....................that will NEVER happen!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

I heard excerpts on the radio.

Terrorists

Terrorists

Terrorists

War

War

War

State of the Union is strong!

that was it..and oil companies are our friends....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

thanks for the feedback, despite the fact that the poll was missing :bonk::bonk:

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT