Chris Duffy

Building a Wall on our Southern Border [merged]

210 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

As anyone with half a lick of sense knows... walls work.  As has been proven millions of times in prisons, homes, stores, warehouses, China, etc.

Seems as if many of the Democrats leaders and the Democratic doesn't have a lick of sense, they can barely keep away from an open flame

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

39 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

From my time volunteering at the zoo, I can tell you that walls don't actually work that well for primates. That why they are usually in cages.

this the atlanta zoo.. thats all

Image result for atlanta zoo primates

30 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Isn't a cage just walls with a roof?

I am a little shocked someone suggested putting asylum seekers in cages 

San Diego TV station: CNN declined our 'local view' because of reports on wall effectiveness

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/424876-san-diego-tv-station-cnn-declined-our-local-view-because-of-reports-on-wall

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

The perspective on that changes depending on if you are on the inside or the outside

I do not remember suggesting anybody or anything being caged, I was pointing out that a cage resembled walls but included a roof

13 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I do not remember suggesting anybody or anything being caged, I was pointing out that a cage resembled walls but included a roof

I know you didn't. Just following on the zoo reference though. A wall is similar from either side. A cage isn't. In my mind, If a grizzly or tiger scaled a wall and got out, my plan would be to climb the wall and go in. Hopefully there wouldn't be another tiger waiting on the inside. For a cage though, there is no climbing in or out.

We would actually have better security if we built a cage instead of a wall, however I don't know that many would go for that trade off.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

From my time volunteering at the zoo, I can tell you that walls don't actually work that well for primates. That why they are usually in cages.

I am shocked, no APPALLED that you compared all those poor souls trying to break into America to primates.  That's... just beyond words.  Here's hoping the mods are sleeping tonight.

10 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I am shocked, no APPALLED that you compared all those poor souls trying to break into America to primates.  That's... just beyond words.  Here's hoping the mods are sleeping tonight.

Let us hope the mods sleep every night. Humans are primates though, so even if I was actually comparing humans to primates, the only issue that would raise would be that whatever tuition I paid for my zoology class was probably wasted. 

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

Let us hope the mods sleep every night. Humans are primates though, so even if I was actually comparing humans to primates, the only issue that would raise would be that whatever tuition I paid for my zoology class was probably wasted. 

Funny... I seem to recall you and others here being outraged when people were compared to primates.  Under your previous screen name, of course.  It was quite a while back.

But I was funnin’ you.  I knew you meant nothing harmful by it.  And in case you haven’t noticed, one mod in particular seems to keep vampire hours...

6 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Funny... I seem to recall you and others here being outraged when people were compared to primates.  Under your previous screen name, of course.  It was quite a while back.

But I was funnin’ you.  I knew you meant nothing harmful by it.  And in case you haven’t noticed, one mod in particular seems to keep vampire hours...

I believe you are speaking of people being compared to monkeys. The distinction would be to remember that all humans are primates, but not all primates are human. 

3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I believe you are speaking of people being compared to monkeys. The distinction would be to remember that all humans are primates, but not all primates are human. 

And all monkeys are primates.

And anyone who thinks we descended from any form of non-human primates... well, let's just say they are special.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Here's hoping the mods are sleeping tonight.

We never sleep, and the walls (or cages) have ears.

3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Let us hope the mods sleep every night.

:no:  :devil: 

3 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

one mod in particular seems to keep vampire hours...

Who??  Where???

3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

whatever tuition I paid for my zoology class was probably wasted. 

One day, the zookeeper noticed that the monkey was reading two books -- the Bible, and Darwin's "The Origin of Species."  In surprise, he asked the monkey, "Why are you reading both of those books?"
      "Well," said the monkey, "I just wanted to know if I'm my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).