TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How long after NOA2 approval do we get the actual approval letter in the mail?  I got my NOA 2 by the mid of this month and i think we havent recieved anything in the mail yet. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, realmadrid23 said:

How long after NOA2 approval do we get the actual approval letter in the mail?  I got my NOA 2 by the mid of this month and i think we havent recieved anything in the mail yet. 

I only got it in the mail yesterday 7/29, but he letter says it was approved on 7/25. So it only took a couple of days, excluding the weekend of course. Note that both websites where you can check your case status haven't been updated yet and still say "case received...."!! No email or sms either. Just the letter in the mail.

Timeline
On 7/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, Karim2018 said:

Just got the letter in mail!

APPROVED!

NOA1 Date: 2018-12-28
NOA2 Date: 2019-07-25

I-797 letter received : 2019-07-29

Hope everyone gets approved soon!

Thats A W E S O M E  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
18 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

I only got it in the mail yesterday 7/29, but he letter says it was approved on 7/25. So it only took a couple of days, excluding the weekend of course. Note that both websites where you can check your case status haven't been updated yet and still say "case received...."!! No email or sms either. Just the letter in the mail.

Thankyou Karim. Yes, Do we need the letter for future processing?

Timeline
1 hour ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou Karim. Yes, Do we need the letter for future processing?

You're welcome! I wouldn't say you "need it", as it is merely a notification of an action taken by USCIS. I would, however, keep what ever notification you've received (email or text) so you can reference it when you're tracking your case through various stages (i.e. NVC). Oh and BTW, you may want to create/update your timeline, as other VJ'ers with similar time frames may benefit as well.

Edited by Karim2018

Timeline
2 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

You're welcome! I wouldn't say you "need it", as it is merely a notification of an action taken by USCIS. I would, however, keep what ever notification you've received (email or text) so you can reference it when you're tracking your case through various stages (i.e. NVC). Oh and BTW, you may want to create/update your timeline, as other VJ'ers with similar time frames may benefit as well.

Thankyou again!  Did you get anything from NVC yet? Do we have to call them or they will email us with the details? Secondly, i am the beneficiary outside USA can I contact NVC too? 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, tomuk said:

Update on our case: it took 4 business days to see that fees are Paid. We are filling the forms now and uploading documents.

I know this may vary from one country to another and one consulate to another, but my fiancee have read somewhere that we'll need to upload additional photos, plane tickets, and upcoming flights and hotel reservations to show that I took another trip to see her since we've filed our I-130, and that we also plan to see each other again at least a couple of times in the coming months. This, she says, will serve as further proof of our bona fide marriage. I am not aware that NVC requests such data. We have provided enough photos/emails/messages at the USC. Do we ned to still upload additional proofs? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

I know this may vary from one country to another and one consulate to another, but my fiancee have read somewhere that we'll need to upload additional photos, plane tickets, and upcoming flights and hotel reservations to show that I took another trip to see her since we've filed our I-130, and that we also plan to see each other again at least a couple of times in the coming months. This, she says, will serve as further proof of our bona fide marriage. I am not aware that NVC requests such data. We have provided enough photos/emails/messages at the USC. Do we ned to still upload additional proofs? Thanks.

I am Czech Republic citizen and immigrating from the United Kingdom (both "safe" countries or how I should say that)... And as far as I know, it's not required and definitely not by NVC.

NVC is anyway preparing data for Embassy, and I'm definitely going to bring bunch of proofs to the interview. We have every-month flight tickets, another visit of my step daughters, visit of my mother-in-law, another visit of my sister-in-law, some pictures... I want to be sure that it's strong enough at interview, but we are probably not going to upload it to CEAC, unless someone here would convince me to do that.

Timeline
7 hours ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou again!  Did you get anything from NVC yet? Do we have to call them or they will email us with the details? Secondly, i am the beneficiary outside USA can I contact NVC too? 

Not yet, it's too early :) The letter I've received says that it may take up to 30 days for NVC to receive my file. That said, I know that some people start calling NVC after 2-3 week to check if NVC received their file. Yes, you or the petitioner can call/contact NVC to check on the status of your file. You will need to have your receipt # handy and they may ask you a few question (such as birthrate of petitioner or you, address, phone# or email) to confirm/verify your identity. Good Luck!

Timeline
4 hours ago, tomuk said:

I am Czech Republic citizen and immigrating from the United Kingdom (both "safe" countries or how I should say that)... And as far as I know, it's not required and definitely not by NVC.

NVC is anyway preparing data for Embassy, and I'm definitely going to bring bunch of proofs to the interview. We have every-month flight tickets, another visit of my step daughters, visit of my mother-in-law, another visit of my sister-in-law, some pictures... I want to be sure that it's strong enough at interview, but we are probably not going to upload it to CEAC, unless someone here would convince me to do that.

Thank you for your input. I agree with you, although I'm told that sometimes at the consulate/embassy the CO does not ask for additional info. Worse yet, they don't allow the beneficiary to show them additional supporting documents as proof of the continuity of the relationship (even after filing the repetition). Hence, some folks see the need to upload more supporting docs at the NVC stage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Potomac is supposed to be the faster as I heard and on the website their date is November 22 2018. My noa1is December 3 2018so I have like 12 days before I can contact them to see what’s going on. In 2 days it’s been 8 months no answer so stressed and worried. It’s been almost 5 years in long distance from my husband. I visited 2 times a year and flights are expensive just will this come to a end. 😔 I hope everyone else gets approved soon too! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Not yet, it's too early :) The letter I've received says that it may take up to 30 days for NVC to receive my file. That said, I know that some people start calling NVC after 2-3 week to check if NVC received their file. Yes, you or the petitioner can call/contact NVC to check on the status of your file. You will need to have your receipt # handy and they may ask you a few question (such as birthrate of petitioner or you, address, phone# or email) to confirm/verify your identity. Good Luck!

Thankyou Karim, you are so much of an help. So basically we should call them after a month?

Just now, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou Karim, you are so much of an help. So basically we should call them after a month?

And secondly is there any chance you change your address after i-130 approval with nvc? And during nvc can they send information through emails?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.