DeclanW

No updates on CEAC, anyone shared this experience?

91 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

I've had nothing back today, I'm thinking they read my email and didn't reply updating my case and putting it back in the backlog.

I'm a pessimist right now though

Visa got issued today, hopefully yours changes real soon too!

38 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

I've had nothing back today, I'm thinking they read my email and didn't reply updating my case and putting it back in the backlog.

I'm a pessimist right now though

This is my 1st post on here and created my account just to respond to your thread to let you know I'm in exactly the same situation as you.

Although different visa's (I had my employment based interview approved on November 26th in LDN) my CEAC status seems to be stuck on 'Ready' with the last case update on December 3rd.

My medical wasn't with my file when i attended my interview but was assured over the phone by Knightsbridge Visa Medical's that they sent my medical to the embassy on November 22nd so i assume it's found its way to my file by now. 

I have no idea why its taking so long to be issued but guess its just part of the process for some of us unlucky ones! Do you know what was put down as your intended travel date to the US?

6 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Congratulations, hopefully you'll receive your passport within the next couple of days! What was the date of your interview at the embassy if you don't mind me asking? Also, was your CEAC status on 'AP' or 'Ready before it got changed to 'Issued'. Once again, Congrats!

1 minute ago, JPVL said:

Congratulations, hopefully you'll receive your passport within the next couple of days! What was the date of your interview at the embassy if you don't mind me asking? Also, was your CEAC status on 'AP' or 'Ready before it got changed to 'Issued'. Once again, Congrats!

Thank you :)

After my interview my case went straight into AP. I had my interview on November 27th and my medical was on November 26th. My case was expedited though and they forgot to take the payment, so I had to go back down to the embassy (Although my medical had not yet arrived by that point). 

Here's to hoping! Looking at flights for Saturday, prices are going up for Christmas though. 

2 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Thank you :)

After my interview my case went straight into AP. I had my interview on November 27th and my medical was on November 26th. My case was expedited though and they forgot to take the payment, so I had to go back down to the embassy (Although my medical had not yet arrived by that point). 

Here's to hoping! Looking at flights for Saturday, prices are going up for Christmas though. 

Thanks for the insight! 

Wishing you a safe journey. 😁

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, JPVL said:

Although different visa's (I had my employment based interview approved on November 26th in LDN) my CEAC status seems to be stuck on 'Ready' with the last case update on December 3rd.

My medical wasn't with my file when i attended my interview but was assured over the phone by Knightsbridge Visa Medical's that they sent my medical to the embassy on November 22nd so i assume it's found its way to my file by now. 

I have no idea why its taking so long to be issued but guess its just part of the process for some of us unlucky ones! Do you know what was put down as your intended travel date to the US?

Very similar situation, I had the same interview date and my medical wasn't there.

Embassy confirmed they had it on the 28th, I've sent a couple emails and the visa has updated when I've had replies. But I got one yesterday with no email.

I've had no AP, just ready for over 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if i've been on Ready for the entirety of these past two weeks as i only started checking my Visa Status daily on the 5th of this month.

As i said my case was updated on the 3rd, whether i went into AP then back to Ready on the 3rd i have no idea. I wish they implemented some sort of timeline along with the Status Check as it gives you virtually no information on how the process is progressing. 

I'm trying to keep optimistic and think we'll be updated by Friday. Did you give them an intended travel date for your return to the US? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JPVL said:

I'm trying to keep optimistic and think we'll be updated by Friday. Did you give them an intended travel date for your return to the US? 

Yes sorry, I forgot to mention it.

I said I hope to be there for mid december, but I imagine they'd try to get it done before mid december if they constantly advice not booking until the visa is in-hand

1 minute ago, DeclanW said:

Yes sorry, I forgot to mention it.

I said I hope to be there for mid december, but I imagine they'd try to get it done before mid december if they constantly advice not booking until the visa is in-hand

No problem! I said the same thing. I noticed after i said "hopefully within two weeks" my interviewer wrote down "December 18th" at the top of my file. Not really sure what to read into that to be honest haha.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JPVL said:

No problem! I said the same thing. I noticed after i said "hopefully within two weeks" my interviewer wrote down "December 18th" at the top of my file. Not really sure what to read into that to be honest haha.

I guess mid december is like 10-20th for some people. I didn't notice them writing anything on it but that's a good catch. I'll sit here hoping that's it then, maybe I'll be issued by the end of the week

1 minute ago, DeclanW said:

I guess mid december is like 10-20th for some people. I didn't notice them writing anything on it but that's a good catch. I'll sit here hoping that's it then, maybe I'll be issued by the end of the week

Will keep you updated if i notice any change to my Visa Status. Fingers crossed!

Timeline
23 hours ago, HarryWL said:

Great news, did it start updating frequently before it processed? Or was it pretty sudden. 

@DeclanW this morning my case was updated from 3-Dec-2018 to 13-Dec-2018 but it's still on Ready. My lawyer did send an inquiry to the embassy yesterday evening on my behalf so don't know if that has anything to do with it but i noticed from your previous posts that it normally takes a couple of days to get a response from the embassy via email. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JPVL said:

@DeclanW this morning my case was updated from 3-Dec-2018 to 13-Dec-2018 but it's still on Ready. My lawyer did send an inquiry to the embassy yesterday evening on my behalf so don't know if that has anything to do with it but i noticed from your previous posts that it normally takes a couple of days to get a response from the embassy via email. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction!

No update for me since the 11th, glad to see they're looking at yours. Hope it comes soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.