MaxNimrod

Getting started with the K-1

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone))

We are just getting started with out journey. We have known each other for 3 + years and have met briefly once back in April. We have an approved tourist visa. I will be meeting her in Ukraine in less than 2 weeks. We will spend a week there and come back to the US together for a few months.

We have no intention of getting married in the US to try and circumvent any processes.  We have have discussed this extensively and decided to follow the common and most sensible process, which appears to be the K1. I am just looking for any advice you all have for moving forward from here. I have read a lot of posts here and have researched this for the last few years. But as most of you already know, real world experience is the most informative. I am looking forward to the journey. I am sure there will be challenges along the way. We are ready for them )) I have talked to a few attorneys that specialize in the filing of these petitions. So that is most likely how i will proceed. I don't think i want to file on my own as there are too many areas for potential error.

I wish all of you good luck in your adventures and i appreciate what you do here to help others through the process. I am prepared to contribute what i can as well as i navigate the process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, MaxNimrod said:

Hi everyone))

We are just getting started with out journey. We have known each other for 3 + years and have met briefly once back in April. We have an approved tourist visa. I will be meeting her in Ukraine in less than 2 weeks. We will spend a week there and come back to the US together for a few months.

We have no intention of getting married in the US to try and circumvent any processes.  We have have discussed this extensively and decided to follow the common and most sensible process, which appears to be the K1. I am just looking for any advice you all have for moving forward from here. I have read a lot of posts here and have researched this for the last few years. But as most of you already know, real world experience is the most informative. I am looking forward to the journey. I am sure there will be challenges along the way. We are ready for them )) I have talked to a few attorneys that specialize in the filing of these petitions. So that is most likely how i will proceed. I don't think i want to file on my own as there are too many areas for potential error.

I wish all of you good luck in your adventures and i appreciate what you do here to help others through the process. I am prepared to contribute what i can as well as i navigate the process.

Read the guides .  Most people here are diy

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have a look at the CR1

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, MaxNimrod said:

Hi everyone))

Most people here do it themselves and its not very difficult to do if you can read and follow basic instructions.

Also, if you run into issues or have any questions - just ask here or do research and you will see others probably have had the same question.

The Kyiv embassy is relatively easy for K1 or CR1 visas as long as you have strong evidence.

With that strong evidence you shouldn't have any issues as tourist visas out of Kyiv are much more difficult to obtain than K1's or CR'1.

If you file for the K1 just make sure your fiance is honest about the petition being filed when she goes to POE in the usa.

Edited by GP1977

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.