peanutismint

What to do about unavailable/unnecessary vaccinations before Knightsbridge medical?

8 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get all the vaccinations I need before my medical in Knightsbridge. The list is pretty exhaustive, including many that we don't even have (or need!) here in the UK. So far, I've had all of them except the flu jab (only given to elderly here), Rotavirus (only given to babies), Varicella (but I've had chickenpox and I assume my bloods will show immunity) and a few others that my doctor told me weren't available on the NHS (Hep-B, Meningitis and Pneumonia).

So assuming I don't need the chickenpox or rotavirus ones, what do I do about the others? Will I have to pay to get them done at a pharmacy or will the Knightsbridge doctors just tell me I don't need to worry about them? I know I don't *need* them to go to the US but will need them for the green card? In which case, will it be cheaper to get them done here? But not at the Knightsbridge doctors?

It's so confusing 😄  Also I'm assuming all I'll need to show in Knightsbridge is the printout of my vaccination history that my doctor gave me?

Edited by peanutismint

You can get the flu jab done at Boots for a price.

Flu jabs aren’t just given to the elderly? If you have things like Asthma, COPD etc. Your doctors surgey will inform you to come in for the jab.

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Knightsbridge are so lovely! They will let you know what you need. My mindset was I’ll get Knightsbridge to do whatever I needed as I didn’t want any delays. Of course, there is money saving options such as Boots (for some things). Up to you. Surprisingly I had all my shots up to date for them. 

You need, tdap, mmr, varicella if available or verbal of chicken pox, and influenza if in season (currently is)

Dont worry about the rest. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Been a while but you could certainly get the flu jab in the UK.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thanks all. So from sounds of it, all I really need to do is go get a flu jab at Boots or somewhere (should hopefully be cheaper than Knightsbridge I'd imagine!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, peanutismint said:

I've been trying to get all the vaccinations I need before my medical in Knightsbridge. The list is pretty exhaustive, including many that we don't even have (or need!) here in the UK. So far, I've had all of them except the flu jab (only given to elderly here), Rotavirus (only given to babies), Varicella (but I've had chickenpox and I assume my bloods will show immunity) and a few others that my doctor told me weren't available on the NHS (Hep-B, Meningitis and Pneumonia).

So assuming I don't need the chickenpox or rotavirus ones, what do I do about the others? Will I have to pay to get them done at a pharmacy or will the Knightsbridge doctors just tell me I don't need to worry about them? I know I don't *need* them to go to the US but will need them for the green card? In which case, will it be cheaper to get them done here? But not at the Knightsbridge doctors?

It's so confusing 😄  Also I'm assuming all I'll need to show in Knightsbridge is the printout of my vaccination history that my doctor gave me?

There's only four shots for adults. The rest of the list is not age appropriate for those 19 and older. You don't have to prove you ever had the whole list or catch up so to speak. US immigration standards are flu shot for anybody over 6 months. Many GPs will not supply them on NHS because that's not a UK Standard. Go to Boots, Tesco, clinic or wherever and get written proof. Say you had chickenpox and Varicella is waived. You do not need blood test proof. Most in the UK have had it because they do not immunize.  Now you only need 3 shots because Varicella will be waived. 

Find the shot chart showing ages on  the embassy web instructions https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/medical-examination/

And the visa clinic's webpage for  all the other stuff you need to bring. http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us.htm

Do not believe either when it says your medical report will be at the embassy five days after your appointment. Allow a good two weeks if you go in prepared with all you need to bring. 

Do not believe the clinic nurse nurse who will tell you it's okay to get your shots later and you should just wait instead of paying for them at the visa clinic. What she is not telling you is that you will have to pay another doctor in the US to sign off on your immigration forms. Have everything done on or before the visa medical day so you are signed off by an approved immigration doctor and don't pay again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.