Gj & Cathy

Visa & Passport Reurned after Interview

10 posts in this topic

Just curious to find out how long it took your passport to be returned after your Visa Interview in Sydney. 

Anyone here who took more than 6 Business Days please?

(I'm having my interview on Dec 14, and coming up to Christmas I don't want any delays as I'm off to Japan)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gj & Cathy said:

Just curious to find out how long it took your passport to be returned after your Visa Interview in Sydney. 

Anyone here who took more than 6 Business Days please?

(I'm having my interview on Dec 14, and coming up to Christmas I don't want any delays as I'm off to Japan)

Normally it takes two to three working days for you to get your passport , but because of the circumstances of the administrative processing , a week for you to get your passport or probably more !

1 minute ago, Moses Bee said:

Normally it takes two to three working days for you to get your passport , but because of the circumstances of the administrative processing , a week for you to get your passport or probably more !

I didn't understand you there... It's different here in Australia... So I was hoping for a response from Aussies if possible?

One person got hers here after 2 days... and 1 after 4 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Gj & Cathy said:

It's different here in Australia..

It's not different, no one will be able to say exactly for how long they'll keep your passport, if everything goes ok then you'll have it in a few days (whatever the time the currier takes to deliver it which is not exact). If you are not approved immediatly but instead you get AP (administrative processing)  due to some requirement missing etc, then times can vary and there's no way to know for sure.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You will take a pre-addressed express envelope from AusPost.  Where you live in Australia makes a difference.  If you are in a major urban area (like a state capital) you will get it faster than if you are in the rural areas.

We are Queensland, the Gold Coast.  Interview on Tuesday.  In hand on Friday.  Because your interview is on Friday, I would assume it might not go to the post until Monday.  I'm willing to bet you will have it by the 21st barring any complications.

Sukie in NY

Edited by Sukie
Typo
Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

5 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

It's not different, no one will be able to say exactly for how long they'll keep your passport, if everything goes ok then you'll have it in a few days (whatever the time the currier takes to deliver it which is not exact). If you are not approved immediatly but instead you get AP (administrative processing)  due to some requirement missing etc, then times can vary and there's no way to know for sure.

I believe that it is different for EVERY COUNTRY...that is why this is a SYDNEY Specific question.  I appreciate your answers but I was hoping to hear from Aussies as they have a different experience altogether.  I have seen different countries having different timeframe.  I haven't seen any Aussie waiting for more than 6 days but just wanting to know RECENT experiences in the last 2 months. Only people who have received their passports back please. Thanks. Much appreciated.

12 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

Even with immediate verbal approval, *every* passport is retained ("AP") by the consulate for at least a matter of a day or two.  And yes, AUS and NZ DO tend to courier the passports back within one week at the most.  Ours took 7 days, and that was only because Auckland received the medical the day after the interview.  Prolonged APs for AUS and NZ are rare.  I don't think I have ever seen one here.

19 minutes ago, Sukie said:

You will take a pre-addressed express envelope from AusPost.  Where you live in Australia makes a difference.  If you are in a major urban area (like a state capital) you will get it faster than if you are in the rural areas.

We are Queensland, the Gold Coast.  Interview on Tuesday.  In hand on Friday.  Because your interview is on Friday, I would assume it might not go to the post until Monday.  I'm willing to bet you will have it by the 21st barring any complications.

Susan in NY

Oh Thanks Sukie!!!

It's me being paranoid now :)

12 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Even with immediate verbal approval, *every* passport is retained ("AP") by the consulate for at least a matter of a day or two.  And yes, AUS and NZ DO tend to courier the passports back within one week at the most.  Ours took 7 days, and that was only because Auckland received the medical the day after the interview.  Prolonged APs for AUS and NZ are rare.  I don't think I have ever seen one here.

Yay!!! Thanks that's really helpful pal :)

22 minutes ago, Sukie said:

Susan in NY

Cross your fingers and toes Sukie-ya-yeah!!!!

Thank you xx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.