JackMatt

221(g) and kept my passport

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had the interview this morning in Naples, everything was easy and at the end the CO told me: "I can see this relationship is real but since you have been denied a (B2) visa before you make my job harder and I'll have to make further investigations!".

Then she handed me a 221(g) form.

She kept my passport, no other document is due, just told me to wait an undefined time.

So...it doesn't look so bad, does it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JackMatt said:

Hi everyone,

I had the interview this morning in Naples, everything was easy and at the end the CO told me: "I can see this relationship is real but since you have been denied a (B2) visa before you make my job harder and I'll have to make further investigations!".

She kept my passport, no other document is due, just told me to wait an undefined time.

You should be fine, our K1 got denied on Summer of 2017, so when applied for CR1, they gave us 221g form after interview, but we got our visa on hand after 30 days of AP. STAY POSITIVE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
13 minutes ago, JackMatt said:

Hi everyone,

AP is a really black hole, most cases are resolved in the 60-90 day time.

be patient is all I can say it might even be resolved in a few days.

There are cases that take years

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i'm like you , kept my passport and gave me 221g , so after 6 days of my interview it chnged for me from Ready Immigrant to Administrative processsing non immigrant , and since then which is 14 november i didn't hear nothing , i heard this change from immigrant to non immigrant in k1 is good sign , so always check ur status in CEAC website , good luck for all of us 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, alicia7375 said:

i'm like you , kept my passport and gave me 221g , so after 6 days of my interview it chnged for me from Ready Immigrant to Administrative processsing non immigrant , and since then which is 14 november i didn't hear nothing , i heard this change from immigrant to non immigrant in k1 is good sign , so always check ur status in CEAC website , good luck for all of us 

Guys, thanks for the support! 

Actually I feel very positive now and happy that the interview is done, it caused me a lot of anxiety!

Let's keep updated!

Cheers!

Timeline

Well, my visa status already changed from "ready" to "application received" (non immigrant visa) "if you already had your interview wait 2 working days to check your status".

Does it sound good? 

Timeline
18 hours ago, JackMatt said:

Hi everyone,

17 hours ago, coco#1 said:

You should be fine, our K1 got denied on Summer of 2017, so when applied for CR1, they gave us 221g form after interview, but we got our visa on hand after 30 days of AP. STAY POSITIVE.

17 hours ago, Khallaf said:

AP is a really black hole, most cases are resolved in the 60-90 day time.

be patient is all I can say it might even be resolved in a few days.

There are cases that take years

17 hours ago, alicia7375 said:

14 hours ago, JackMatt said:

Well, my visa status already changed from "ready" to "application received" (non immigrant visa) "if you already had your interview wait 2 working days to check your status".

Does it sound good? 

Update: I just received a call from the Consulate: my visa is APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.