aznhouston

USCIS acknowledge response to RFE?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Does the USCIS actually send a notification confirming it receives and accepts the reponse to an RFIE/RFE

What if they are not happy with the response? Do they send another one or send NOID?

2 minutes ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Does the USCIS actually send a notification confirming it receives and accepts the reponse to an RFIE/RFE

What if they are not happy with the response? Do they send another one or send NOID?

They do not confirm the receipt of the RFE but they will send you a mail that they are denying your petition if they did not receive any or they will ask for another rfe to fulfill what they need.

They will update your case to " Response to RFE was received "when they receive your response.  If you are not sure if they received it, you can call them for an update on your case. if they are satisfied with your response, they will change it to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and / or might mail you a courtesy letter to remind you to bring I-693 (or whatever they need) to the interview in case you forgot to submit it.

05/24 PD
06/18/18 Bio apt
06/26/18 Fingerprint review was completed
09/27/18 RFE for I-864
11/04/18 Sent response to RFE
11/06/18 RFE response was received
11/07/18 Courtesy letter for I-693
11/19/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interveiw
11/20/18 Interview was scheduled

Timeline
30 minutes ago, psgma said:

They will update your case to " Response to RFE was received "when they receive your response.  If you are not sure if they received it, you can call them for an update on your case. if they are satisfied with your response, they will change it to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and / or might mail you a courtesy letter to remind you to bring I-693 (or whatever they need) to the interview in case you forgot to submit it.

In your experience, how long did it take them to update the status to "Reponse received"?

I sent the response last week, UPS showed it was delivered but haven't heard anything since. :(

9 minutes ago, hoangthaihuy said:

In your experience, how long did it take them to update the status to "Reponse received"?

I sent the response last week, UPS showed it was delivered but haven't heard anything since. :(

They updated mine 2 days after they received it and mailed me the courtesy letter the following day.  I think it truly depends on the IO that is working on your case. I'd say give it till next week. If you dont hear anything by then, call them. 

05/24 PD
06/18/18 Bio apt
06/26/18 Fingerprint review was completed
09/27/18 RFE for I-864
11/04/18 Sent response to RFE
11/06/18 RFE response was received
11/07/18 Courtesy letter for I-693
11/19/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interveiw
11/20/18 Interview was scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

They do inform you that they received the RFE.

August 26, 2017 - Married

February 20, 2018 - AOS Package Sent

March 02, 2018 - AOS Package Received

April 03, 2018 - RFE for income requirement

April 09, 2018 - RFE replied with 2017 filed income tax

April 25, 2018 - REF Received

August 22,2018  - EAD Approved

September 05, 2018 - Received noticed of interview scheduled

October 02, 2018 - Interview (Approved) 

October 10, 2018 - Green Card Received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Hello

They do inform you when they receive the RFE and usually update your status to "Response to RFE received", in my case it took 3 days for them to update my online status.

Edit: it took 3 days sorry

Edited by Nouchigang

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, POA said:

They do not confirm the receipt of the RFE but they will send you a mail that they are denying your petition if they did not receive any or they will ask for another rfe to fulfill what they need.

That's not true. They do confirm they received your response to the RFE. You should be sure of your information before you post it. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

25 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

That's not true. They do confirm they received your response to the RFE. You should be sure of your information before you post it. 

The didn't confirm ours. Good for you.

On a side note, they denied ours due to the "no-receipt" of rfe even their level 2 USCIS customer service confirmed that they have it. So good for those who gets a good service and correct information.

Edited by POA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, POA said:

On a side note, they denied ours due to the "no-receipt" of rfe even their level 2 USCIS customer service confirmed that they have it. So good for those who gets a good service and correct information.

I'm not looking for a compliment, or trying to prove you wrong. I'm just stating the facts to help people. People rely on the information we post here. It's important to be accurate. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

1 minute ago, NikkiMarie said:

I'm not looking for a compliment, or trying to prove you wrong. I'm just stating the facts to help people. People rely on the information we post here. It's important to be accurate. 

I completely understand where you're coming from and I was just stating as to what we have experienced. And what I said at least what happened to us. We didn't receive any response. We called the customer service twice level 1 and level 2 and both confirmed they received the RFE but then the next letter we received was they did not receive the rfe

Timeline
10 hours ago, POA said:

I completely understand where you're coming from and I was just stating as to what we have experienced. And what I said at least what happened to us. We didn't receive any response. We called the customer service twice level 1 and level 2 and both confirmed they received the RFE but then the next letter we received was they did not receive the rfe

I just got a message saying they received my response on the 4th. There are two addresses listed on the RFIE, one is like a dropbox and another one is for delivery service. I use the second one because I want  to make sure there is a person signing my package.

Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2018 at 9:32 PM, POA said:

@POA Do you mind share how did you deal with the denial, I submitted my RFE response and never got updated since Oct 2018. Called and office confirmed it's received on Nov 2018. and till today no updated so i filed a service request to be sure what's going on

6 minutes ago, beso36 said:

@POA Do you mind share how did you deal with the denial, I submitted my RFE response and never got updated since Oct 2018. Called and office confirmed it's received on Nov 2018. and till today no updated so i filed a service request to be sure what's going on

Hi @beso36 here is my link when I posted about it . We contacted the ombudsman and got the correction pretty quick.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.