TeamWelshican

Questions on the I-129F I haven't found answers for

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TeamWelshican said:

Thank you for your input! So you included your passport and birth certificate? I thought only the petitioners birth certificate was needed and/or passport copies

From where I applied, Saudi Arabia, both my birth certificate and passport (first page) were required. If they're not required from where you're applying, it still doesn't hurt to include it. More information won't hurt and would prevent you from possibly getting an RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
21 hours ago, TM92 said:

Just FYI, that USCIS' definition of country is United Kingdom, where relevant on your I-129F, not Wales. But for this section:

Just to clarify, i need to change ALL country questions from Wales to United Kingdom? like his address, his work addresses and his dads address

18 minutes ago, SMK&JDR said:

From where I applied, Saudi Arabia, both my birth certificate and passport (first page) were required. If they're not required from where you're applying, it still doesn't hurt to include it. More information won't hurt and would prevent you from possibly getting an RFE.

The requirements for the I-129F are the same for every country.

The specific embassy/consulate has their own requirements later.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, TeamWelshican said:

Just to clarify, i need to change ALL country questions from Wales to United Kingdom? like his address, his work addresses and his dads address

Yes. This link might give you a rough idea: https://www.alliescomputing.com/support/how-to-address-uk-mail-correctly Looking up the postcode results in knowing the UK country (e.g. Wales, England, etc.); so no need to include the UK country name at all.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, SMK&JDR said:

Including unrequired information will not prevent an RFE.  Only including all required information will do this.

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Including unrequired information will not prevent an RFE.  Only including all required information will do this.

I disagree. All required information PLUS unrequired, meaning ALL information that could possibly be needed CAN prevent an RFE. I've done my research.

Edited by SMK&JDR

6 minutes ago, SMK&JDR said:

I disagree. All required information PLUS unrequired, meaning ALL information that could possibly be needed CAN prevent an RFE. I've done my research.

Except in cases where it has caused an RFE. I've done mine as well.

I'm not implying anything about your case in any way....just saying providing certain types of unrequired items has resulted in RFEs for others in the past.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
Just now, geowrian said:

Except in cases where it has caused an RFE. I've done mine as well.

I'm not implying anything about your case in any way....just saying providing certain types of unrequired items has resulted in RFEs for others in the past.

Agreed. And I'll give a famous example. They provide an intent to marry letter but no other proof such as engagement ring and receipts or letters of intent from their parents or wedding arrangements, etc. But if one includes everything, and all of everything, getting an RFE is close to none.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, SMK&JDR said:

Nonsense. I know what it takes,  I have lived it.  Hit all the requirements and that is all that is needed.  Period.  I provided no engagement ring receipt, no wedding plans, no chats, no proof of ongoing relationship evidence of any kind, petition APPROVED.

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Nonsense. I know what it takes,  I have lived it.  Hit all the requirements and that is all that is needed.  Period.  I provided no engagement ring receipt, no wedding plans, no chats, no proof of ongoing relationship evidence of any kind, petition APPROVED.

And what do you have to say about all the petitioners who filed for an expedite over a small financial problem and got approved vs. those with serious ones getting denied? Don't base your facts on your luck. There are thousands of others getting RFEs over letters of intent. My advise to all those applying is to provide as much evidence and information as they can.

Edited by SMK&JDR

Timeline
Just now, SMK&JDR said:

And what do you have to say about all the petitioners who filed for an expedite over a small financial problem and got approved vs. those with serous ones getting denied? Don't base your facts on your luck. There are thousands of others getting RFEs over letters of intent. My advise to all those applying is to provide as much evidence and information as they can.

Letter of intent is REQUIRED

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Letter of intent is REQUIRED

They get RFEs even when the letter is included. I've watched tons of videos on youtube and read so many stories on here and other websites. Again, no harm in including additional information. It could prevent an RFE plus saves you months of worrying.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:11 PM, TeamWelshican said:

I would use UK rather than Wales. Americans can get very confused over the differences between England and Scotland, and many of them have never heard of Wales (I used to live in Wales, and when i tell people they either ask what part of England its in, or go entirely blank because they've never heard of it). Internationally its the UK (ie we have UK passports, not welsh or english) and our nationality is British.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Timeline
On 11/29/2018 at 6:06 AM, payxibka said:

You tube...  There's a great place for immigration advise.  Right up there next to rapid Visa

It won't hurt you to do a little research. Had you done it, you'd have known that there are several applicants such as yourself on youtube talking about their experience and what sort of RFEs they got. But I'm gonna let you think you've all the answers.

Edited by SMK&JDR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.