TeamWelshican

Questions on the I-129F I haven't found answers for

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SMK&JDR said:

It won't hurt you to do a little research. Had you done it, you'd have known that there are several applicants such as yourself on youtube talking about their experience and what sort of RFEs they got. But I'm gonna let you think you've all the answers.

Excuse me?  You have no idea what my experience level is and the amount of time I have spent doing research.   Your first clue would be to look at how long I have been a member of this community 

YMMV

On 11/28/2018 at 6:34 PM, SMK&JDR said:

Agreed. And I'll give a famous example. They provide an intent to marry letter but no other proof such as engagement ring and receipts or letters of intent from their parents or wedding arrangements, etc. But if one includes everything, and all of everything, getting an RFE is close to none.

We included none of that (except for the required letter of intent), and received no RFE.  Yes, there are countless anecdotal stories one can come up with.....but the USCIS optional check list/instruction sheet is written the way it is for a reason:  that is the list of what they want!  Adding 100 pics and chat logs is fluff that slows down the adjudicators who must wade through that mess, is not asked for, and does not necessarily support the requirements of the petition (legally able and intending to conduct a marriage within 90 days, having met once during preceding two years, etc.).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

We included none of that (except for the required letter of intent), and received no RFE.  Yes, there are countless anecdotal stories one can come up with.....but the USCIS optional check list/instruction sheet is written the way it is for a reason:  that is the list of what they want!  Adding 100 pics and chat logs is fluff that slows down the adjudicators who must wade through that mess, is not asked for, and does not necessarily support the requirements of the petition (legally able and intending to conduct a marriage within 90 days, having met once during preceding two years, etc.).

Agreed. All I was saying is for those who don't feel comfortable submitting their packet the way it's required, they could add in additional information. Because there's nothing worse than worrying for several months, the wait itself is a burden.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
12 hours ago, payxibka said:

Excuse me?  You have no idea what my experience level is and the amount of time I have spent doing research.   Your first clue would be to look at how long I have been a member of this community 

Yeah? Yet that was your response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On 11/30/2018 at 12:33 PM, Limey said:

I would use UK rather than Wales. Americans can get very confused over the differences between England and Scotland, and many of them have never heard of Wales (I used to live in Wales, and when i tell people they either ask what part of England its in, or go entirely blank because they've never heard of it). Internationally its the UK (ie we have UK passports, not welsh or english) and our nationality is British.

Haha yes I've had this happen has well,  when telling friends at first they'll ask where in England I'm like noooo he's in the UK but it's Wales,  it's, it's own countr, but yes my fiance said that would make since, since his nationality is British and he has a UK passport, I am glad that was advised otherwise I would of just left it all has Wales. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.