Jump to content
icanbenobody

my life in USA, Share yours too

42 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My wife is short as well and when I get in her car after her driving I have to slide the seat WAYYYYYYYY back before I can even fit in it as a macho guy.ย  The 1st year my wife used uber a lot to help drop the kids off at school in the morning when I couldn't.

we cant settle in this city and im sure i would never see the road if my husband gonna teach me how to drive with his car ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚sometime its sad to be short 4' 10" and my husband is 6'5" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's exactly how I taught my wife to drive as well. Trust me there were a lot of times with her crying because of being stressed out while I was teaching her, but now she is fine.ย 

HAHAHA, he was teaching me last thanksgiving, I got so pressured that I just stopped the car and cried๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆย 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mr&mrshinds said:

HAHAHA, he was teaching me last thanksgiving, I got so pressured that I just stopped the car and cried๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆย 

Doย  not worry because it will get better trust me. Then one day you will look back and be like "OMG, how was I like that?". That's how my wife is now even after only being here in the USA 6 years na.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mr&mrshinds said:

OMG hahahah I just asked my husband the other day to teach me what to do in case of a medicalย emergency ( I'm still learning how to drive๐Ÿ˜…)ย like what papers should I bring if he's the one sick, etc etc.ย 

ย 

Wow, I'm still a beginner with embroidery and starting out on small patterns it will take me some time to be good at it. You are so talented lol I'm not very good at hand sewing๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ

i started from embroidery while i was in highschool and make lil money from it to provide a lil help for my study(i came from a very poor family๐Ÿ˜‚ we cant afford public school projects) my life journey is not easy i learn lot of things meet random people ..sewing clothes with sewing machine is used to be one of my job ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Doย  not worry because it will get better trust me. Then one day you will look back and be like "OMG, how was I like that?". That's how my wife is now even after only being here in the USA 6 years na.

wow! i only been here for 3 months ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ felt homesick once but it didnt stop me ๐Ÿ˜‚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Doย  not worry because it will get better trust me. Then one day you will look back and be like "OMG, how was I like that?". That's how my wife is now even after only being here in the USA 6 years na.

Thank you, I really need to have more confidence while driving so I can learn faster. I don't want to depend to my husband driving all the time๐Ÿ˜…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gaski said:

i started from embroidery while i was in highschool and make lil money from it to provide a lil help for my study(i came from a very poor family๐Ÿ˜‚ we cant afford public school projects) my life journey is not easy i learn lot of things meet random people ..sewing clothes with sewing machine is used to be one of my job ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Much respect to you po!๐Ÿ™Œย 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr&mrshinds said:

Much respect to you po!๐Ÿ™Œย 

hahah not really it was just a lil experience..which all people can learn too..i dont have a good background to have your respect ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚but i apreciate it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

you're silly..this is a better thread than a whining thread..you guys made me smile i feel at home at some point ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gaski said:

hahah not really it was just a lil experience..which all people can learn too..i dont have a good background to have your respect ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚but i apreciate it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

you're silly..this is a better thread than a whining thread..you guys made me smile i feel at home at some point ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

There are people who makes excuses instead of doing something to better themselves and from working at Jollibee I met students who are doing their best to support their education and at the same time helpย their families. So yeah, that alone is enough to be admired.ย Hahaha, now I feel nostalgic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr&mrshinds said:

I just asked my husband the other day to teach me what to do in case of a medicalย emergency ( I'm still learning how to drive๐Ÿ˜…)ย like what papers should I bring if he's the one sick, etc etc.ย 

If you haven't done so already, draft Wills, medical & general Powers of Attorney, HIPAA releases, health directives, and associated documents.ย  These make great evidence for removing conditions later, and they're even more valuable to have in "life."

ย 

Keep the medical PoAs, HIPAA releases, and health directives intact in one place so that you can grab them in case of a medical emergency, and take them to the clinic/hospital.

ย 

Wills and the other documents aren't always reciprocally accepted between U.S. states, so if you move, be sure (as a high priority) to update all of them.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

If you haven't done so already, draft Wills, medical & general Powers of Attorney, HIPAA releases, health directives, and associated documents.ย  These make great evidence for removing conditions later, and they're even more valuable to have in "life."

ย 

Keep the medical PoAs, HIPAA releases, and health directives intact in one place so that you can grab them in case of a medical emergency, and take them to the clinic/hospital.

ย 

Wills and the other documents aren't always reciprocally accepted between U.S. states, so if you move, be sure (as a high priority) to update all of them.

Thank you for this information, we already have some of the documents you've mentioned except for the HIPAA releases. I'll tell my husband about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
ร—
ร—
  • Create New...