icanbenobody

my life in USA, Share yours too

42 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My wife is short as well and when I get in her car after her driving I have to slide the seat WAYYYYYYYY back before I can even fit in it as a macho guy.  The 1st year my wife used uber a lot to help drop the kids off at school in the morning when I couldn't.

we cant settle in this city and im sure i would never see the road if my husband gonna teach me how to drive with his car 😂😂sometime its sad to be short 4' 10" and my husband is 6'5" 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's exactly how I taught my wife to drive as well. Trust me there were a lot of times with her crying because of being stressed out while I was teaching her, but now she is fine. 

HAHAHA, he was teaching me last thanksgiving, I got so pressured that I just stopped the car and cried😂🙈😂🙈 

2 minutes ago, mr&mrshinds said:

HAHAHA, he was teaching me last thanksgiving, I got so pressured that I just stopped the car and cried😂🙈😂🙈 

Do  not worry because it will get better trust me. Then one day you will look back and be like "OMG, how was I like that?". That's how my wife is now even after only being here in the USA 6 years na.

13 minutes ago, mr&mrshinds said:

OMG hahahah I just asked my husband the other day to teach me what to do in case of a medical emergency ( I'm still learning how to drive😅) like what papers should I bring if he's the one sick, etc etc. 

Wow, I'm still a beginner with embroidery and starting out on small patterns it will take me some time to be good at it. You are so talented lol I'm not very good at hand sewing😂🙈

i started from embroidery while i was in highschool and make lil money from it to provide a lil help for my study(i came from a very poor family😂 we cant afford public school projects) my life journey is not easy i learn lot of things meet random people ..sewing clothes with sewing machine is used to be one of my job 😂😂 

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Do  not worry because it will get better trust me. Then one day you will look back and be like "OMG, how was I like that?". That's how my wife is now even after only being here in the USA 6 years na.

wow! i only been here for 3 months 😂😂 felt homesick once but it didnt stop me 😂

4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Thank you, I really need to have more confidence while driving so I can learn faster. I don't want to depend to my husband driving all the time😅

5 minutes ago, gaski said:

i started from embroidery while i was in highschool and make lil money from it to provide a lil help for my study(i came from a very poor family😂 we cant afford public school projects) my life journey is not easy i learn lot of things meet random people ..sewing clothes with sewing machine is used to be one of my job 😂😂 

Much respect to you po!🙌 

1 minute ago, mr&mrshinds said:

Much respect to you po!🙌 

hahah not really it was just a lil experience..which all people can learn too..i dont have a good background to have your respect 😂😂but i apreciate it 😂😂

you're silly..this is a better thread than a whining thread..you guys made me smile i feel at home at some point 😂😂

1 minute ago, gaski said:

hahah not really it was just a lil experience..which all people can learn too..i dont have a good background to have your respect 😂😂but i apreciate it 😂😂

you're silly..this is a better thread than a whining thread..you guys made me smile i feel at home at some point 😂😂

There are people who makes excuses instead of doing something to better themselves and from working at Jollibee I met students who are doing their best to support their education and at the same time help their families. So yeah, that alone is enough to be admired. Hahaha, now I feel nostalgic.

difficult for anyone to uproot from home and family, you should all be admired

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, mr&mrshinds said:

I just asked my husband the other day to teach me what to do in case of a medical emergency ( I'm still learning how to drive😅) like what papers should I bring if he's the one sick, etc etc. 

If you haven't done so already, draft Wills, medical & general Powers of Attorney, HIPAA releases, health directives, and associated documents.  These make great evidence for removing conditions later, and they're even more valuable to have in "life."

Keep the medical PoAs, HIPAA releases, and health directives intact in one place so that you can grab them in case of a medical emergency, and take them to the clinic/hospital.

Wills and the other documents aren't always reciprocally accepted between U.S. states, so if you move, be sure (as a high priority) to update all of them.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

If you haven't done so already, draft Wills, medical & general Powers of Attorney, HIPAA releases, health directives, and associated documents.  These make great evidence for removing conditions later, and they're even more valuable to have in "life."

Keep the medical PoAs, HIPAA releases, and health directives intact in one place so that you can grab them in case of a medical emergency, and take them to the clinic/hospital.

Wills and the other documents aren't always reciprocally accepted between U.S. states, so if you move, be sure (as a high priority) to update all of them.

Thank you for this information, we already have some of the documents you've mentioned except for the HIPAA releases. I'll tell my husband about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.