Anjie

Missed interview. Never received notice. Citizenship interview.

10 posts in this topic

Husband received an email notification this morning that he had an important notice on the USCIS website. When he login in it said he missed his interview scheduled yesterday. We never received the actual letter and nothing was on the website cause he checks all the time. What do we do??

call them ASAP

5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview

4 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

call them ASAP

I tried to but they are closed for Thanksgiving

4 minutes ago, CJlove said:

Hmm.. This is not the first time I read something like this. Oh man... I hope you get some good advice. With you best..

Thank you. I’ve been trying to google but no help. 

1 minute ago, Anjie said:

I tried to but they are closed for Thanksgiving

Thank you. I’ve been trying to google but no help. 

that goes without saying

likely closed tomorrow too but im not sure

5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview

4 minutes ago, chi6488 said:

I make it a habit to periodically check my case number on USCIS website for updates.  Not their fault once in the hands of postal service.

I know. But the website did not show anything regarding an interview. He checks weekly. 

Could be a mistaken status was entered. You'll have to wait until you get an answer by phone. I wouldn't sweat it too much. You can't have missed an interview that was never scheduled in the first place.

Marriage: 2014-02-23               ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

13 hours ago, Anjie said:

Does anyone know?? I keep cAlling the office but they say all customer representatives are busy and then it hangs up 

Are you calling the main USCIS number (1 (800) 375-5283)? Or a local office? If the later, call the former. It may because it was a day after a holiday, call on Monday. You'll land on a level 1, they can't tell you anything beyond what you can see online. Ask to be transferred to a level 2 officer due to having a complicated case. They should transfer you (or call back 'til you receive someone who will). The wait time for a level 2 is typically at least 1.5 hours, so call at a time when you're not per-occupied with anything else.

Citizenship Journey:

(Month 1)-   N-400 sent: 12/20/17

(Month 2)-   Fingerprints: 01/11/18

(Month 8)-   Interview: 07/30/18

(Month 9)-   Oath Ceremony: 08/23/18

Officially a U.S. Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.