Keith & Arileidi

Two Charts Show Trump's Job Gains Are Just A Continuation From Obama's Presidency

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
56 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

A great economy and STILL lost the House. :lol: Barely made any gains in the Senate. Failed to turn up at Arlington on Veterans Day. 

IMO, all that has happened is that Republicans have pressed the gas pedal a bit, pushing up wage growth and inflation a tick and probably foreshortening this expansion by 6 months. What are the consequences? A 780 billion dollar deficit. (I believe thats about an 18%  deficit to spending ratio....sustainable deficit spending is generally considered somewhere between 3 to 5%.

Edited by Sonea

34 minutes ago, Sonea said:

IMO, all that has happened is that Republicans have pressed the gas pedal a bit, pushing up wage growth and inflation a tick and probably foreshortening this expansion by 6 months. What are the consequences? A 780 billion dollar deficit. (I believe thats about an 18%  deficit to spending ratio....sustainable deficit spending is generally considered somewhere between 3 to 5%.

Where is the Tea Party? Why aren't they protesting outside the White House and on the Mall? In 2009 they swamped Washington because they were concerned with the National Debt. It was $10 trillion when they were full of outrage against Obama. But now Mango has exploded it even more through a tax cut that will not help 99% of the country. It'll cost the country $4 trillion, where are the Tea Party? Let me guess, they never came out in force because of the national debt, they came out for another reason.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

47 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Where is the Tea Party? Why aren't they protesting outside the White House and on the Mall? In 2009 they swamped Washington because they were concerned with the National Debt. It was $10 trillion when they were full of outrage against Obama. But now Mango has exploded it even more through a tax cut that will not help 99% of the country. It'll cost the country $4 trillion, where are the Tea Party? Let me guess, they never came out in force because of the national debt, they came out for another reason.

TDS is on fire  Tax revenues were the most ever in October. I guess I am in the 1% it helped 

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

The tax revenues for the year are the highest ever in history, right?  Or does that not fit your personal narrative, so you conveniently forgot to bring that up?  Cannot have it both ways...

1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

TDS is on fire  Tax revenues were the most ever in October. I guess I am in the 1% it helped 

Now adjust for inflation. Middle class wages/income have barely grown over the past thirty/forty years. However for the top 1% they've been benefitting the most from tax cuts.

average.jpg

Gap stated to significantly grow under Reagan due the phony trickle down economics. Look at the green line that's most Americans. Wages have barely moved with inflation.

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

20 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Now adjust for inflation. Middle class wages/income have barely grown over the past thirty/forty years. However for the top 1% they've been benefitting the most from tax cuts.

Gap stated to significantly grow under Reagan due the phony trickle down economics. Look at the green line that's most Americans. Wages have barely moved with inflation.

So what are you saying?  Those who are lazy and satisfied to remain at the bottom should pay less taxes than those who bust their humps to earn more?

Newsflash:  they already DO pay less in taxes.  Someday, if you ever reach the AMT income levels, you will begin to understand how tax breaks do not just benefit the rich.

6 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

So what are you saying?  Those who are lazy and satisfied to remain at the bottom should pay less taxes than those who bust their humps to earn more?

Newsflash:  they already DO pay less in taxes.  Someday, if you ever reach the AMT income levels, you will begin to understand how tax breaks do not just benefit the rich.

So people in the middle class are lazy? People who are professionals that work five, six, seven days a week? They've been cast aside for the benefit of the wealthy. Trickle down economics was and still is a fad. Just look at the Bush Tax cuts in 01 and 03. Barely nudged the needle for most Americans. Then look at Brownback in Kansas, what a disaster that has been.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

So people in the middle class are lazy? People who are professionals that work five, six, seven days a week? They've been cast aside for the benefit of the wealthy. Trickle down economics was and still is a fad. Just look at the Bush Tax cuts in 01 and 03. Barely nudged the needle for most Americans. Then look at Brownback in Kansas, what a disaster that has been.

If they haven’t risen above where they were 20 years ago, then yes.  Some people are satisfied with the status quo, and never rising any higher than they are today.  Leaders always seek a better place in life.  And them’s the facts.  In a country where the number of jobs now outnumbers the number of workers, there is not much excuse for complacency at the individual level.

1 hour ago, Satisfied said:

If they haven’t risen above where they were 20 years ago, then yes.  Some people are satisfied with the status quo, and never rising any higher than they are today.  Leaders always seek a better place in life.  And them’s the facts.  In a country where the number of jobs now outnumbers the number of workers, there is not much excuse for complacency at the individual level.

No that is not what I'm saying, a middle class person today is no better off than a middle class person back then. Wages have not gone up. Top 1% have.

About the jobs, but what if those jobs lack any meaningful or affordable benefits such as health insurance etc etc. All well good saying there are plenty of jobs out there but are they good jobs for majority of Americans?

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

21 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

No that is not what I'm saying, a middle class person today is no better off than a middle class person back then. Wages have not gone up. Top 1% have.

About the jobs, but what if those jobs lack any meaningful or affordable benefits such as health insurance etc etc. All well good saying there are plenty of jobs out there but are they good jobs for majority of Americans?

Are you any better off today than you were 20 years ago?

4 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Are you any better off today than you were 20 years ago?

*sigh*

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

33 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

As usual, you fail to answer a direct question from a fellow forum member.  A simple one, at that.  Not even very revealing.  Your answer, however, is.

No because you are missing the point. 

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Obama is such a genius. He purposely held the economy down under his two terms and then set it up to skyrocket to make the next President seem like the greatest jobs president ever.

We all owe Obama many thanks to insure that Trump has a great chance of becoming a two term president.