dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview December 2018

430 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Taffi111 said:

Just received Case Complete today! Really hoping we're going to be scheduled for interview (London Embassy) in December. Any thoughts on the likelihood of that? :)

I believe they are done scheduling for December.Β  Will resume for January interviews end of November. But... anything is possible maybe a slot may open upΒ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/22/2018 at 6:48 PM, Harrison okotogha said:

Hi guys , how are you all doing? So sorry I haven't been on vj for so long. Well, my interview is scheduled for December 5th at lagos. I was a little bit delayed with my aos, but finally I am in the last stage. Does anyone has same date with me? I wish you all the best because I know we will all smile. Its really a long journey indeed

Β 

Congrats buddy, you will get the visa just have some faith. please when was ur CC?

Timeline
21 hours ago, O&O said:

Congrats!!!.. wishing you all the best on your upcoming interview...

Thanks o&o. Will definitely share my experience with you guys

7 hours ago, Taffi111 said:

Just received Case Complete today! Really hoping we're going to be scheduled for interview (London Embassy) in December. Any thoughts on the likelihood of that? :)

I spoke with NVC on Friday and they confirmed they are done with Dec interview scheduling a week ago and Dec interview slots all filled. I asked if it is the case for all countries and they said yes. 😞 😭 

Β 

Edited by Atl2018

6 hours ago, Atl2018 said:

I spoke with NVC on Friday and they confirmed they are done with Dec interview scheduling a week ago and Dec interview slots all filled. I asked if it is the case for all countries and they said yes. 😞 😭 

Β 

That's really weird because I was told the last few days of the month and the first few days are when they allocate interviews so we should hear next week. Huh. Odd. Fingers crossed for us all x

30 minutes ago, Taffi111 said:

That's really weird because I was told the last few days of the month and the first few days are when they allocate interviews so we should hear next week. Huh. Odd. Fingers crossed for us all x

They confirm next scheduling will be for Jan slots. Hope there is a miracle or still hope for Dec slots! Will call them

again on Monday and see if another person says it differently!Β 

Medical is scheduled on Monday! Hopefully we will get a case complete next week! Unfortunately it’s a 4-day holiday weekend here for the embassy :(Β Might take a little longer.Β 

Β 

Good luck to everyone else hoping for a December interview!

Timeline

Good morning everyone, hope we all had a restful holiday, I need your help please

Β 

I discussed with my husband about entering the US after our 2 years wedding anniversary which is on the 17th of April, this is because we prefer getting IR to CR

Β 

My question is this; we haven't received an interview date yet but we are hopeful we can receive one for January. In case we do, is it wise to wait until April to travel?Β 

Β 

Please letΒ me know and also give me all worse case scenarios if any, thanks

7 minutes ago, Divergent said:

Good morning everyone, hope we all had a restful holiday, I need your help please

Β 

I discussed with my husband about entering the US after our 2 years wedding anniversary which is on the 17th of April, this is because we prefer getting IR to CR

Β 

My question is this; we haven't received an interview date yet but we are hopeful we can receive one for January. In case we do, is it wise to wait until April to travel?Β 

Β 

Please letΒ me know and also give me all worse case scenarios if any, thanks

Correct me if I’m wrong. We were in the same boat, but decided to take CR over a delayed date. From what I read, getting IR isn’t guaranteed and your POE may tell you otherwise. I never could find someone updating which one they received in the mail afterwards, so I have no way to confirm if this is 100% true.Β 

3 minutes ago, GingerDino said:

Correct me if I’m wrong. We were in the same boat, but decided to take CR over a delayed date. From what I read, getting IR isn’t guaranteed and your POE may tell you otherwise. I never could find someone updating which one they received in the mail afterwards, so I have no way to confirm if this is 100% true.Β 

If you enter the State after your second wedding anniversary you will get the IR if you enter the State before your second wedding anniversary you will get the CR that’s the immigration law of US I know I am also in the same boatΒ my second wedding anniversary is Feb 27 if I have Jan appointment after interview I have to wait till March before leaving so I can have the IR instead of CR

Timeline
10 minutes ago, GingerDino said:

I've been reading a lot of places where people say IR is guaranteed upon entry after 2 years. After this long wait for Immigrant Visa, I really want to avoid anything that has to do with Immigration again until we're ready to file for citizenshipΒ 

3 minutes ago, Kanene said:

If you enter the State after your second wedding anniversary you will get the IR if you enter the State before your second wedding anniversary you will get the CR that’s the immigration law of US I know I am also in the same boatΒ my second wedding anniversary is Feb 27 if I have Jan appointment after interview I have to wait till March before leaving so I can have the IR instead of CR

I'm really hoping it won't be an issue if he interviews in January.Β April seems likeΒ a long time to wait and he will most likely enter after Easter if we wait. I don't want any issues at the border, what do you think?

29 minutes ago, Divergent said:

I've been reading a lot of places where people say IR is guaranteed upon entry after 2 years. After this long wait for Immigrant Visa, I really want to avoid anything that has to do with Immigration again until we're ready to file for citizenshipΒ 

I'm really hoping it won't be an issue if he interviews in January.Β April seems likeΒ a long time to wait and he will most likely enter after Easter if we wait. I don't want any issues at the border, what do you think?

After you get the immigration visa you are entitled to stay in your home country for 6month after six months the immigrant visa will be no longer valid.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kanene said:

After you get the immigration visa you are entitled to stay in your home country for 6month after six months the immigrant visa will be no longer valid.

Ahhhh okay very perfect then, we will wait. Thank you!! 😊😊😊😊

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.