Snowy101

Getting medical/vaccination records in South Africa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi everyone. Can anyone please guide me where to start getting medical/ vaccination records, if i dont have them.

Do i contact my medical aid? If ive had different doctors over the years,do i have to contact each and everyone of them and the different clinics? 

Im trying to gather my documents timely. 

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Snowy101 said:

Hi everyone. Can anyone please guide me where to start getting medical/ vaccination records, if i dont have them.

Do i contact my medical aid? If ive had different doctors over the years,do i have to contact each and everyone of them and the different clinics? 

Thank you

My husband didn't have his either, when doing the DS-160 I don't know if it asks you if you have them, but on his DS-260 he indicated no, as he didn't have the records because the shots were all done through his schooling.

it is not 100% needed for him to take the records when he went in for his medical exam, just call around to the approved doctors and let them know you don't have them and ask if it is 100% needed or if so how to go about obtaining them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
6 hours ago, Snowy101 said:

Thank you

I'm not sure if this will be of much help. However, you could try calling or emailing one of the approved doctor's and they might be able to point you in the right direction. 

The website for the JNB doctor is here: http://www.usimmigrationmedicals.co.za

4 hours ago, Khallaf said:

My husband didn't have his either, when doing the DS-160 I don't know if it asks you if you have them, but on his DS-260 he indicated no, as he didn't have the records because the shots were all done through his schooling.

it is not 100% needed for him to take the records when he went in for his medical exam, just call around to the approved doctors and let them know you don't have them and ask if it is 100% needed or if so how to go about obtaining them.

The DS-160 does ask this question. I was nervous but my fiancé put no with the note that plans were in place to obtain them before traveling to the US. 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Snowy101 said:

Thank you

You only need vaccination records then the doctor can know what vaccination  you need. He'll ask what medicine you've taken daily for a long time. But maybe you don't need to bring medical records to the exam.That's what we do here. Call the hospital which will do your medical exam to make sure

Edited by Jenna Ting

12 hours ago, Snowy101 said:

Thank you

Hi,

You will go to a Embassy doctor in either Cape Town or JHB. You don't have to have all your medical records or vaccine records. Don't worry about gathering everything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.