Bboorrcchh

F2b PD 2013-2 still waiting for 130 approval

149 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, skywalkerjedi said:

F2b petition - my Mother in law petitioning her two adult (unmarried) children.  Priority date July 2015.  Her petition got approved.  They received the notice of Immigrant visa case creation and paid the AOS fee and IV fees ($120 and $325).   Should they start collecting the documents and send them to NVC?  or should they wait until their PDs get current?  Also, what are the documents needed from the petitioner?  can you help me out and link the civil docs needed?  Thanks in advance.

Was that just approved? Is it F1 or F2B category? Final Action Date for F2B category is Jul 2015.

Hello i have a question. Im on the f2b category. Our documents were accepted BUT not documentarily qualified last june 20. We had a message saying Case Fe review note — does not meet minimum income so we added a joint sponsor. The documents were submitted last june 26, it has been more than 60 days and the nvc timeframes states that they are reviewing Documents submitted to them from june 30. Why aren’t our documents for joint sponsor accepted yet? Pls help. 

864D52D6-4585-4C02-B027-312EDE7FE9D6.jpeg

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
23 hours ago, skywalkerjedi said:

F2b petition - my Mother in law petitioning her two adult (unmarried) children.  Priority date July 2015.  Her petition got approved.  They received the notice of Immigrant visa case creation and paid the AOS fee and IV fees ($120 and $325).   Should they start collecting the documents and send them to NVC?  or should they wait until their PDs get current?  Also, what are the documents needed from the petitioner?  can you help me out and link the civil docs needed?  Thanks in advance.

Congrats!

Now can you tell me whichever USCIS centre handled that case?

If you have received NVC letter, it has already mentioned what you need to do. Since you have paid AOS and IV fees, it means NVC also wants your documents. The documents that you need can already be followed by logging into that account. 

In any case, the county specific document link is here. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

No, you don't need to wait to get PD current to complete NVC processing. You usually do all of them including the interview before PD becomes current. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Igormad said:

Was that just approved? Is it F1 or F2B category? Final Action Date for F2B category is Jul 2015.

Well receipt date to inquire to USCIS for approval of your petition or to say it plainly, the case processing date in California USCIS is January 2015. So, yes people are still waiting to get their petition approved while their PD became current 6 months ago lol. So, people who got their petition approved, should consider themselves extremely lucky. 

And let's not talk about Vermont which is now taking 7-8 years to approve a petition. USCIS is now a total mess. 

In another note, Phillipines usually have a longer waiting period - 8 yrs 5 months, so it's on time for them. For the rest of the world, it's a mess. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 3:18 PM, zaback21 said:

Well receipt date to inquire to USCIS for approval of your petition or to say it plainly, the case processing date in California USCIS is January 2015. So, yes people are still waiting to get their petition approved while their PD became current 6 months ago lol. So, people who got their petition approved, should consider themselves extremely lucky. 

And let's not talk about Vermont which is now taking 7-8 years to approve a petition. USCIS is now a total mess. 

In another note, Phillipines usually have a longer waiting period - 8 yrs 5 months, so it's on time for them. For the rest of the world, it's a mess. 

What about sending documents to NVC ? Can you do that ahead of time or you have to wait until the case is approved?

Timeline
14 hours ago, Igormad said:

What about sending documents to NVC ? Can you do that ahead of time or you have to wait until the case is approved?

You have to wait for your petition to be approved. Then NVC will contact you depending on your priority date,  then you pay fees online and also upload documents online.  

4 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

You have to wait for your petition to be approved. Then NVC will contact you depending on your priority date,  then you pay fees online and also upload documents online.  

Yes. Only once you receive NVC case number and Invoice ID, you will be able to submit online docs.

But you can collect few of the civil docs, that can save you some time later on:

1. Birth certificate

2. Filling of i-864, i-864a

3. Last three years income proofs,pay stubs etc essential to complete i-864 forms

Once your USCIS petition gets approved, and you have submitted requisite fees, apply for police clearance certificate from passport  office.

Hope you soon get your petition approved. 

Ankit

• 1 month later...

Our case was finally approved on November 4, 2020, it was at the California Center and Priority date is February 2016.

About a month ago we got the RFE about the Birth Certificate date, we responded pretty much the same day and the case was approved in less than a month from that RFE. Now waiting for NVC number and Visa Bulletin dates to start moving...

Timeline
22 hours ago, Igormad said:

Our case was finally approved on November 4, 2020, it was at the California Center and Priority date is February 2016.

About a month ago we got the RFE about the Birth Certificate date, we responded pretty much the same day and the case was approved in less than a month from that RFE. Now waiting for NVC number and Visa Bulletin dates to start moving...

Congrats! Lets keep us posted about your progress. 

Edited by zaback21

• 1 month later...
Timeline
4 hours ago, Igormad said:

A month after USCIS approval, NVC sent a letter with a case number. Now it's time to pay fees and upload all the documents... The only issue right now is this Visa Bulletin date not moving for the third month in a row.

Due to Covid-19 we have no idea how much each cases will be delayed. Not to mention the immigration ban + other restrictive measures this year. We most likely won't even go anywhere near the 216,000 visa numbers this year. 

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Looks like things are moving....surprise surprise.  We just got interview date for my son for March 15.  We were very shocked because we have been getting the disappointing emails every 60 days that no interview yet.  All the best everyone.

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.