MMara

I-129F questions

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All! I have two questions about the petition.

1) We are now filling in the I-129F form and the only information about the beneficiary I see there is name, addresses and employment history.

I don't see any request for a passport copy or anything like that.

I'm a bit confused about how will the NVC and consulate identify the beneficiary then while scheduling the interview?

Am I missing something or is it like that?

2) Formal question. The instruction says that If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A”.

So here we are really confused. Does that mean that in all fields not applying to us (interpreter and all the interpreter information, parts of addresses, names used etc. etc.) we shall put N/A? Or can they be left just blank? Will a mistake like that leave to RFE or anything?

And another question here. When I open the form in Adobe or Foxit it won't let me put "present" in the date field or put N/A (/ - not allowed). Can I print it out with what I have filled in and then just write the rest there with a pen?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MMara said:

1) We are now filling in the I-129F form and the only information about the beneficiary I see there is name, addresses and employment history.

I'm a bit confused about how will the NVC and consulate identify the beneficiary then while scheduling the interview?

2) Formal question. The instruction says that If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A”.

So here we are really confused. Does that mean that in all fields not applying to us (interpreter and all the interpreter information, parts of addresses, names used etc. etc.) we shall put N/A? Or can they be left just blank? Will a mistake like that leave to RFE or anything?

And another question here. When I open the form in Adobe or Foxit it won't let me put "present" in the date field or put N/A (/ - not allowed). Can I print it out with what I have filled in and then just write the rest there with a pen?

In fact, there is more to it. Also marriage/divorce experience, children etc. These may or may not apply, but the spaces must not be left blank. As to the passport, be straightforward and frontload your petition, if they already have a passport, include a photocopy. If you have traveled together, make photocopies of border control stamps and include them too.

Timeline

As to the passport, be straightforward and frontload your petition, if they already have a passport, include a photocopy. If you have traveled together, make photocopies of border control stamps and include them too.

But there is no request nor any field for the beneficiary's passport. Doesn that mean they don't need it at all to schedule her interview once approved?

I'm not talking about the evidence now, here we have visas, boarding passes, tickets and photos together.

I was just curious about the formal ID of the beneficiary as it's not listed anywhere.

These may or may not apply, but the spaces must not be left blank.

Thank you, that's what I thought. Just the sample here is confusing having black spaces. 

So even if I answer "no" to the question about the interpreter, there shall still be N/A in all the fields about intepreter's contacts etc.?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In our petition we made sure to not leave blank all meaningful spaces which were relevant to ourselves, including convictions, no marriage broker involvement and things like that. We had a preparer and put down his information and he signed it as well. We didn't have interpreter and we left it blank. I don't think it is essential to make any effect on adjudication. It is really important that USCIS has all information and surety about the parties. 

PS: yes, it is not required but we did enclose my ID and my kids ID's. Just for the reason you've mentioned, to avoid confusion and spelling mistakes at the further stages.

Edited by HP+IC

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Damara said:

Check out the tab at the top that says guides, theres a guide, a flow chart, and tips. If you still have questions feel free to post them ! :) 

Thank you! I've read those, but as I say some moments were confusing, that's why this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, MMara said:

1. Yes just like that unless the beneficiary is divorced then you need to submit documents. In the form 129F it is being asked there the current address and the embassy in which you wanna wish the interview will be held. 

2. Yes just put N/A if it doesnt applies to you. No worries about putting N/A to questions as much as it needs to be. 😊😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we did all the paperwork ourselves (that means i did it MYself LMAO). no RFEs and petition approval in 175 days.

fill out all sections. if it doesn't apply, type (or write) N/A. our form was a mix of typed and handwritten since adobe didnt like all the fields.

I included both our birth certificates, passports, marriage, divorce (and in my case, death) certificates. Also information regarding convictions i had in the past when i was younger (no awa type stuff or things on their list of bad stuff on the application itself lol) Also stuff not required, including resumes, i may or may not have included tax records, etc. Again, stuff i KNEW wasnt needed at this point, but I felt better heavily frontloading. Id have to look to see what exactly all i sent.

Also the obligatory proof of meeting (passport stamps, boarding passes), and front loaded with with photos and relationship evidence (probably about 20 or so, printed 4-5 on printer paper), phone records (we LIVE on the phone 20K minutes a month), and a bunch of other stuff not required but I felt better sending it. We see each other once a twice a month and have for almost 3 years, so all thats super easy to do.

and because so many people obsess over how to present it and think it needs to be an executive presentation or something that would get you an A+ ion a middle school project grade... mine was in file folders, in sections (copies of official documents, proof of meeting, etc ). nothing fancy or elaborate, just in folders to keep related info together. might have paperclipped some things, but no staples or hole punches or anything special). Payment, cover letter, and letters of intent to marry were in front of everything else, on top of the folders.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
14 minutes ago, MMara said:

Lucy&Jason, thank you! It's good to hear some confirmations that everything is as you understand it. :) :) 

One last thing(i omitted your last question).

Better to download the form and have it all filled up. 😊

Timeline

Thank you everyone! Bureocracy is so complicated :)

One more question - once printed, shall I staple all the sheets of the form together or just put them one by one?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, MMara said:

Thank you everyone! Bureocracy is so complicated :)

One more question - once printed, shall I staple all the sheets of the form together or just put them one by one?

Put it a binder or in a folder altogether with your 129f form and other evidences and needed documents.

Timeline
Just now, MMara said:

Yes, I mean if I shall staple the sheets of 129-F together? 

Gather all your documents and put it in a binder or a folder. Make sure it won’t be easily detached.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MMara said:

Yes, I mean if I shall staple the sheets of 129-F together? 

No to staples.   The uscis takes it all apart,  make it easy for them.   Use  paper or binder clips 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.