Jump to content
Aqualika

How accurate was estimated wait time of your case

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! Ok, I know, that now everything goes really slow, then 5 year ago for example, and everything depends on different field offices. But could you share your experience.

1.How accurate was estimated wait time of your case(that showed under your case status)? How sooner or later they called you for interview?

2. And when they called you for the interview, how much time did you have between this notice and the actual interview?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Aqualika said:

1.How accurate was estimated wait time of your case(that showed under your case status)? How sooner or later they called you for interview?

For me, incredibly inaccurate.  My case completion time was estimated at 18 months when I filed.  I took my oath only 96 days after filing the N400.

You can see my complete timeline in my signature.

 

35 minutes ago, Aqualika said:

And when they called you for the interview, how much time did you have between this notice and the actual interview?

Approximately one month and six days inbetween the notice received in the mail and the actual interview date.

Edited by Going through
grammar

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

Applied for US Passport - requested Routine/ Regular Service

Oct. 27, 2017 (Day 00) - Submitted Passport Application, filed in person at Post Office

Oct. 30, 2017 (Day 03) - Online tracker shows application has been received and is under processing

Nov. 08, 2017 (Day 12) - Online tracker shows "in final stages" and projected completion time of 11/13/2017

Nov. 09, 2017 (Day 13) - Passport received in the mail.

Nov. 10, 2017 (Day 14) - Naturalization Certificate received back in the mail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 7:04 AM, Aqualika said:

Hi everyone! Ok, I know, that now everything goes really slow, then 5 year ago for example, and everything depends on different field offices. But could you share your experience.

1.How accurate was estimated wait time of your case(that showed under your case status)? How sooner or later they called you for interview?

2. And when they called you for the interview, how much time did you have between this notice and the actual interview?

Thank you! 

Apparently my remaining estimating wait time is 1-2 months. I naturalized 2 months ago. So extremely inaccurate. They tend to give the maximum possible wait times because past that, you are allowed to inquire about your case and escalate through other means. I did my interview about 8 months after my initial application. After my interview, I heard absolutely nothing from USCIS except their auto-generated emails for at least 7 months.

 

There was around 5 weeks between the interview notice and the interview. This seems to be the typical amount of time.


Citizenship Journey:

 

(Month 1)-   N-400 sent: 12/20/17

(Month 2)-   Fingerprints: 01/11/18

(Month 8)-   Interview: 07/30/18

(Month 9)-   Oath Ceremony: 08/23/18

 

Officially a U.S. Citizen!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was estimated March 2019.  I took my interview today.  Waiting on the oath letter bow 😁😁


2005: Met my wife online, "Habbo Hotel" instantly became friends.

2007: Lost contact with her, as we both lived thousands of miles away.

2010: Regained contact with her, again instantly became best friends.

~At this point we'd talked about visiting the others country~

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TIMELINE

October 16th 2010: Landed at JFK INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL 2 under Visa Waiver Program.

October 17th 2010: Nicole (now my wife) took me to manhattan and treat me like no other.

November 13th 2010: Got Engaged!

December 17th 2010: We got married!

January 14th 2011: VISA EXPIRED (No AOS papers sent yet)

February 20th 2011: Filed for AOS (Sent in I-130 / I-864 / I-485)

March 7th 2011: Received NOA for I-130 / I-485

March 18th 2011: Biometrics taken

March 26th 2011: RFE MEDICAL

April 12th 2011: Medical Sent (ouch the needles)

April 18th 2011: Medical received my USCIS

April 30th 2011: I-765 (Employment Authorization Documentation) Sent

May 4th 2011: Rejection notice I-765 (I forgot to tick "applying for first card" at top of application)

May 9th 2011: New receipt for I-765 received

June 10th 2011: INTERVIEW DATE / JULY 13th 2011

June 15th 2011: EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

June 20th 2011: EAD CARD IN HAND

June 22nd 2011: SSN APPLIED

June 24th 2011: SSN IN HAND

July 13th 2011: Adjustment of Status Interview (A P P R O V E D)

July 13th 2011: Email confirmation Card Production Ordered

July 18th 2011: Second email confirmation Card Production Ordered (-.-)

July 19th 2011: Post Decision Activity

July 23rd 2011: Green Card Arrived!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never accurate.

 

i filed N-400 online in April 2018. Did oath August. Predicted  wait time was until April 2019.


“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, gnakr said:

Apparently my remaining estimating wait time is 1-2 months. I naturalized 2 months ago. So extremely inaccurate. They tend to give the maximum possible wait times because past that, you are allowed to inquire about your case and escalate through other means. I did my interview about 8 months after my initial application. After my interview, I heard absolutely nothing from USCIS except their auto-generated emails for at least 7 months.

 

There was around 5 weeks between the interview notice and the interview. This seems to be the typical amount of time.

 

On 11/1/2018 at 6:03 PM, BenjaminUKtoUSA said:

I was estimated March 2019.  I took my interview today.  Waiting on the oath letter bow 😁😁

 

On 11/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, Fernando20192020 said:

I filled out application for N400 on April 15 , 2018 .   My interview is scheduled on November 19 , 2018💪

Screenshot_20181101-152143.jpg

 

On 11/1/2018 at 11:36 PM, lierre said:

Never accurate.

 

i filed N-400 online in April 2018. Did oath August. Predicted  wait time was until April 2019.

Hey! That’s really fast, guys! As for me, I’m really worrying about time between notice and interview. I have to fly from overseas for interview, and I have to make a lot of arrangements for that, like tickets, childcare, and I even ready for some extra spending for additional tickets, if something goes wrong, so fingers crossed))) 

Thank you for your responses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×