1,969 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, JackieCastillo said:

Hello People!  FINALLY! 20 months waiting, Texas, Nov-2018, "GREEN CARD PRODUCED".  No Interview, no RFE.  Thanks GOD!

image.thumb.png.f31e6b82ef956bee7ba4f9cef14d9c50.png

congratulations:)
happy for you & hope u done with your N400 very soon and every one in the group 

13 hours ago, Lulabi said:

Omg, congrats. What a wonderful news! 
Has your 751 ever been transferred to Nbc

Thanks.  Yes, as soon as I sent the N400 on Jan-15th-2020, they transferred my I751 to NBC on Jan-29th-2020.   After that, nothing happened till now that my case was approved, no RFE, no interview, all ok, thanks God!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JackieCastillo said:

Thanks.  Yes, as soon as I sent the N400 on Jan-15th-2020, they transferred my I751 to NBC on Jan-29th-2020.   After that, nothing happened till now that my case was approved, no RFE, no interview, all ok, thanks God!

Thank you. You just gave me hopes. My case is exactly the same. I’m abt to enquiry out of processing time. Did you send an enquiry before? 
so excited abt your approval. Hope it happens to me soon. 

Hola buenos dia k la paz de Dios esté con todo ustedes estoy muy triste que que llevo 29 día k resolvieron mi evidencia estoy mar quiero estar con mi esposos que está solo y quiero estar con el ayudeme 

2 hours ago, Lulabi said:

Thank you. You just gave me hopes. My case is exactly the same. I’m abt to enquiry out of processing time. Did you send an enquiry before? 
so excited abt your approval. Hope it happens to me soon. 

I made lots of inquiries online, ombudsman, by phone, etc. related to "case out of timing".  I invite you or anybody with cases out of USCIS estimated times, to do the same.  The last resource they recommend is contacting your local US Representative.  In my case, I did: inquiry out of time at uscis online, inquiry ombudsman and few phone calls and chat (Emma) thru uscis tools.  This is Ombudsman link: https://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman/forms/7001, they will receive your inquiry only if case it out of time.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, JackieCastillo said:

I made lots of inquiries online, ombudsman, by phone, etc. related to "case out of timing".  I invite you or anybody with cases out of USCIS estimated times, to do the same.  The last resource they recommend is contacting your local US Representative.  In my case, I did: inquiry out of time at uscis online, inquiry ombudsman and few phone calls and chat (Emma) thru uscis tools.  This is Ombudsman link: https://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman/forms/7001, they will receive your inquiry only if case it out of time.

Thank you so much for your advice. Will follow it. 

4 hours ago, luis2727 said:

Hola buenos dia k la paz de Dios esté con todo ustedes estoy muy triste que que llevo 29 día k resolvieron mi evidencia estoy mar quiero estar con mi esposos que está solo y quiero estar con el ayudeme 

Hola, la situacion es un poco complicada, por lo que comentas, entiendo que estas en Dominicana esperando por la peticion de tu esposo.  Debes tener paciencia, las oficinas de Migracion ya abrieron en USA, pero en cada pais el proceso se realiza segun cada legislacion o segun lo determine cada gobierno.  Estas en Dominicana, es asi?  Si es asi y si tu caso ha avanzando que hasta te pidieron evidencias, estas bastante cerca de ser aprobada, inclusive estoy escuchando casos que aprueban sin entrevistar y justamente Migracion le va a dar prioridad a las peticiones de esposos(as) e hijos menores, asi que tranquila, todo a su tiempo, tenga fe y paciencia.

Guys

I have few questions:

Do you know if  it is better to apply for N400 online or by mail?

do you know how long does it approximately take for processing time of N400? USCIS site says 12.5 to 36 months. I think this estimation time is not correct.

I got the GC based on divorce case. Anything specific is needed for me to do while filing N400?

Is it better to hire a lawyer for N400?

20 hours ago, newyork1234 said:

Guys

I have few questions:

Do you know if  it is better to apply for N400 online or by mail?

do you know how long does it approximately take for processing time of N400? USCIS site says 12.5 to 36 months. I think this estimation time is not correct.

I got the GC based on divorce case. Anything specific is needed for me to do while filing N400?

Is it better to hire a lawyer for N400?

Online is really easy.  If your green card is regular (not conditional) and you're already 5 years living in USA, you can go ahead with your N400. 

Yes, timing process is estimation, bear in mind that covid19 has caused a lot of delays for all USCIS processes.  I sent mine on January, supposed to complete interview test on April, but now waiting to be re-scheduled.   Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, franning1003 said:

Has anyone get their reschedule interview already? Ours was cancelled because of pandemic and still waiting for new date.

Ours was scheduled and cancelled twice due to the lockdown. We're waiting on the San Jose service center. 

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2015-10-21

Interview Date : 2016-03-21

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Issued(CEAC) : 2016-03-24

US Entry : 2016-08-13

(L)(F)Marriage :2016-08-18 (F)(L)

Adjustment of Status + Employment Authorization Document 

Date Filed : 2016-09-09

GC Received : 2017-03-02

Removal of Conditions(I-751)

Date Filed : 2018-11-14

NOA Date : 2018-11-18

Bio. Appt. : 2019-05-02

Notice of Transfer : 2020-01-31(CA to NBC)

Interview Ready to be Scheduled : 2020-02-20

Called USCIS and was told it takes 18-26mo for i751. I filed Nov 2018 and still nothing. N400 is pending and they told me they couldn’t process N400 until my i751 is approved. I’m already losing hope. 

i saw some people who filed i751 June 2019 and already have their green card. I’m really regretting filing combo. 

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

15 minutes ago, RainbowMonkey said:

Called USCIS and was told it takes 18-26mo for i751. I filed Nov 2018 and still nothing. N400 is pending and they told me they couldn’t process N400 until my i751 is approved. I’m already losing hope. 

i saw some people who filed i751 June 2019 and already have their green card. I’m really regretting filing combo. 

Don't loose hope, I was same waiting 20 months, they approved me just 5 days ago.  My case was in Texas, Nov-2018 and I was approved no interview, no RFE. If your case and proof of good faith of marriage are really strong, they can approve same way to you.  If you office timing process show that you case is already out of time, you can send inquiries and/or call uscis to ask status.  Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.