magicant

Request feedback on preparing items for K-1 Visa Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I am from the US and my fiancée is from Cambodia.  I filed my i-129F back in June, and like many, I am patiently waiting and hoping for an NOA2, which is not very fun.

In the meantime, I am trying to get what I can ready for the next step.  Once I get the NOA2, I plan to mail my fiancée several folders for her to bring to the interview.  8.5”x11” manila folders with fasteners, so everything will be 2-hole punched, as I did with the i-129F.

I was looking for some feedback to see if what I am doing is correct and if I have everything covered.

Also, I was wondering if she hands all of this in as soon as she arrives.  And they review it then bring it out at the interview.  Or, does she keep everything with her, and presents it during the interview as they ask?

Thank you for any help / feedback.

Below are what I plan with the folders:

Folder #1:
- Original Identification Documents for my fiancée (Birth Certificate, Passport, etc.).
- 2 passport sized photos of her.
- Copy of the NOA1 and NOA2.
- DS-160 Visa Application submission confirmation page.
- Copy of interview appointment confirmation.
- Copy of her medical exam results.
- Copy of her criminal background check results.
- Copy of Single Status letter (I don’t believe we require this as we are not getting married in her country, but she is going to try and get it).
- Any other documents that are requested.
(all will be English translations, where applicable).

Folder #2:
- Photocopies of Identification for both of us (Birth Certificates, Passports, etc.), translated in English where applicable.

Folder #3:
- A complete copy of the i-129F Package I submitted.

Folder #4:
- My signed I-134-Affidavit of Support and duplicates of the Supporting Documents (paystubs, IRS tax forms, etc.).

Folder #5:
- Evidence of Ongoing Relationship and 2nd In-Person Meeting, including:
    - Screenshots of our text and video chats from the time I got back from our first in-person meeting until the NOA2 (or a bit after).
    - A zip lock bag with a stack of glossy photos of our second in-person meeting.
    - Copies of my plane tickets, eVisa, hotel receipt, stamped passport, etc.
    - Evidence of a few gifts I bought for her.

Folder #6:
- Evidence of Intent to Marry and Marriage Plans including:
    - Copies of some e-mails between us discussing marriage plans.
    - Updated Letter of Intent to Marry, from me.
    - Updated Letter of Intent to Marry, from her.
    - Letter from my mom approving of our engagement and upcoming marriage.
    - Information I gathered from my town hall for obtaining a marriage license and information from my meeting with my priest and some church forms I filled out, including a copy of our baptism certificates.

Thank you very much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

all sounds good and ready, but don't wate your time and money on UPs, Fedex or DHL or else. Send it by email and let her print it and assemble it in Cambodia. No wet signatures required.  Scan and email is all that is required.  Scrap Folder#6!!!! Only updated intent to marry. This could sound to the the CO that you are already married. Pictures of elopements and or other may be confusing and you have maybe few minutes to talk and provide evidence. Don't jeopardize the interview.

Folder #6:
    - Copies of some e-mails between us discussing marriage plans. (this is what you state in letter of intent to marry)
    - Letter from my mom approving of our engagement and upcoming marriage. (in my opinion NO)
    - Information I gathered from my town hall for obtaining a marriage license and information from my meeting with my priest and some church forms I filled out, including a copy of our baptism certificates. (unnecessary, could be interpreted the wrong way)

it's just my opinion

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 hours ago, magicant said:

I am from the US and my fiancée is from Cambodia.  I filed my i-129F back in June, and like many, I am patiently waiting and hoping for an NOA2, which is not very fun.

In the meantime, I am trying to get what I can ready for the next step.  Once I get the NOA2, I plan to mail my fiancée several folders for her to bring to the interview.  8.5”x11” manila folders with fasteners, so everything will be 2-hole punched, as I did with the i-129F.

I was looking for some feedback to see if what I am doing is correct and if I have everything covered.

Also, I was wondering if she hands all of this in as soon as she arrives.  And they review it then bring it out at the interview.  Or, does she keep everything with her, and presents it during the interview as they ask?

Thank you for any help / feedback.

Below are what I plan with the folders:

Folder #1:
- Original Identification Documents for my fiancée (Birth Certificate, Passport, etc.).
- 2 passport sized photos of her.
- Copy of the NOA1 and NOA2.
- DS-160 Visa Application submission confirmation page.
- Copy of interview appointment confirmation.
- Copy of her medical exam results.
- Copy of her criminal background check results.
- Copy of Single Status letter (I don’t believe we require this as we are not getting married in her country, but she is going to try and get it).
- Any other documents that are requested.
(all will be English translations, where applicable).

Folder #2:
- Photocopies of Identification for both of us (Birth Certificates, Passports, etc.), translated in English where applicable.

Folder #3:
- A complete copy of the i-129F Package I submitted.

Folder #4:
- My signed I-134-Affidavit of Support and duplicates of the Supporting Documents (paystubs, IRS tax forms, etc.).

Folder #5:
- Evidence of Ongoing Relationship and 2nd In-Person Meeting, including:
    - Screenshots of our text and video chats from the time I got back from our first in-person meeting until the NOA2 (or a bit after).
    - A zip lock bag with a stack of glossy photos of our second in-person meeting.
    - Copies of my plane tickets, eVisa, hotel receipt, stamped passport, etc.
    - Evidence of a few gifts I bought for her.

Folder #6:
    - Copies of some e-mails between us discussing marriage plans.
    - Letter from my mom approving of our engagement and upcoming marriage.
    - Information I gathered from my town hall for obtaining a marriage license and information from my meeting with my priest and some church forms I filled out, including a copy of our baptism certificates.

Thank you very much.

She might need to bring the embassy letter. It'll have instruction about what she needs to bring to the interview. And the visa fee receipt. Usually, we bring the documents which they ask for on the instruction(including I134),but we'll keep the other documents of affidavit support and on going telationship evidences till the consular officer asks for them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Alabamak1,

Thank you for your input.  I appreciate it.  I actually read on here once that someone suggested including a letter from your parent(s) approving of the marriage.  And also about discussions of marriage.  So I don't know if this is good or bad.  I thought that maybe the letters of intent might not be enough.

This is also why I thought of including my research for marriage.  On top of each page, I put in bold letters RESEARCH FOR UPCOMING MARRIAGE.  And on the form for by date of marriage, I circled in red saying TBD - awaiting Visa.

Every time I do research, read forums, etc. my head starts to spin.  Make sure you include this, this and this to help prove your relationship is real.  Make sure you don't include too much of this, this and this or your relationship might seem fake and like you are forcing it.

So how much is too little?  How much is too much?  What is just right?  I know every case is different and every reviewer is different so you can't really answer that.  I guess I just have to research, use my best judgment, hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Perhaps I can include some of these things but not have her present it unless asked for more evidence.  I don't know.  But I appreciate your feedback.  Thank you.

Jenna Ting,

Yes I plan to have her bring the visa fee receipt and embassy letter, but forgot to mention those.  I am pretty organized so try to make sure she brings everything.  But I thank you for reminding me of these items.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.