Ambrosia

Father petitioner died 4 years ago during AP- can we still get visa? (split)

6 posts in this topic

i wish you could help me about my case or provide any information whether or not there is still a possibility that we be issued our US Visa. My father who is a US Citizen and veteran petitioned us for immigrant or permanent residency which was approved long in 1992. It's only in 2011 that we were informed by the US Embassy that our visas were already available and requiring us to fill up the visa application form and to submit the same together allnecessary attachments. Due to transition period the processing was stopped. After two years in 2013 we were called for personal appearance or interview in the US Embassy-Manila and have our medical examination at St. Luke Hospital that we all passed. However in the interview after knowing that our father the petitioner was already in the Philippines due to  old age needing for our care, our father was required to go back to America. Our father although that time could hardly walk alone was still very willing to go back all for the sake of his desire for us to reside in America that he waited for 21 years with our request that he be accompanied by one daughter on condition that this daughter will just go back immediately here in the Philippines only to send back our father to the US so that our visas be approved and issued, however we were refused. We waited and prayed that our visas be finally issued to us but in vain until our father died last May 5, 2014 in grief. Please, give to us your opinion about the status of our case. Until now we are sad of our fate and trying to be strong on the belief that its Gods will. Thank you very much having this column.          

Edited by Ban Hammer
removed name

8 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

i wish you could help me about my case or provide any information whether or not there is still a possibility that we be issued our US Visa. My father who is a US Citizen and veteran petitioned us for immigrant or permanent residency which was approved long in 1992. It's only in 2011 that we were informed by the US Embassy that our visas were already available and requiring us to fill up the visa application form and to submit the same together allnecessary attachments. Due to transition period the processing was stopped. After two years in 2013 we were called for personal appearance or interview in the US Embassy-Manila and have our medical examination at St. Luke Hospital that we all passed. However in the interview after knowing that our father the petitioner was already in the Philippines due to  old age needing for our care, our father was required to go back to America. Our father although that time could hardly walk alone was still very willing to go back all for the sake of his desire for us to reside in America that he waited for 21 years with our request that he be accompanied by one daughter on condition that this daughter will just go back immediately here in the Philippines only to send back our father to the US so that our visas be approved and issued, however we were refused. We waited and prayed that our visas be finally issued to us but in vain until our father died last May 5, 2014 in grief. Please, give to us your opinion about the status of our case. Until now we are sad of our fate and trying to be strong on the belief that its Gods will. Thank you very much having this column.               

Hi @Ambrosia.

Sorry to hear about your father. I am going to request that you have your own thread. Your case is not the same as the OP's topic. To get better responses, you should start your own thread.

I also, have a few questions.

Do you have any other relatives in the US?

How long after living in the US did your father return to your country?

How many people did your father petition in total.

What were the ages of the beneficiaries at the time of your father petition (circa 1992)?

Edited by Ban Hammer
removed name

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** post split from other thread by other member about another issue.  ******

To clarify- was your visa denied before your dad died (for lack of US domicile), and then he sadly died, and now 4 years after the death you are trying to re-instate the petition?  Or was it pit into Additional Processing pending more proof of domicile (not fully denied), then your dad died?   Did you do anything in the 4.5 years since he died about the visa?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

sorry about your dad.

did your dad ever go back to the US? because that was the main issue, if he didn't live in the US, there was no chance for the petition, since the petition was for family reunification,. If he lived in your country, there was no need for reunification, that's why he needed to live in the US, to bring you here to be with him.

there is no possibility for a petition. Do you have anyone else that can petition for you? Unfortunately things like this can happen when petitions take such a long time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was trying to male sense of the dates, are you all married?

Presumably the (step?) daughter applied for a B to accompany and that was refused.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

34 minutes ago, aleful said:

hi

sorry about your dad.

did your dad ever go back to the US? because that was the main issue, if he didn't live in the US, there was no chance for the petition, since the petition was for family reunification,. If he lived in your country, there was no need for reunification, that's why he needed to live in the US, to bring you here to be with him.

there is no possibility for a petition. Do you have anyone else that can petition for you? Unfortunately things like this can happen when petitions take such a long time.

This is the crux of it. Many other countries assign citizenship through effectively some kind of hereditary system, at least for a couple of generations, regardless of domicile and it’s often not well understood that US visas are for family reunification and not some kind of “birthright”.  Unfortunately for OP unless there is another family member in the US to sponsor - and being from Philippines that will again take a long time - that is probably the end of the family-based route.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.