Pbchief2

flying in for interview

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello forum,

I was looking for some insight for the best way to purchase my airline ticket to fly in for the interview, then wait till we get the visa to book us both a flight back. It's my understanding I need a ticket that departs the country to get through Philippines immigration.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Pbchief2 said:

It's my understanding I need a ticket that departs the country to get through Philippines immigration.

Buying a fully refundable return ticket might be an option. Another option is to buy a cheap throwaway ticket: https://expertvagabond.com/proof-of-onward-travel/

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pbchief2 said:

hello forum,

I was looking for some insight for the best way to purchase my airline ticket to fly in for the interview, then wait till we get the visa to book us both a flight back. It's my understanding I need a ticket that departs the country to get through Philippines immigration.

You buy a "throw-away" ticket to Hong Kong, Singapore or where ever to show onward travel.. this keep the airlines happy - they are the ones that will not let you board without a return ticket or continuing travel

Check Cebu-air or such for cheap flights .. buy it  and don't worry about using it.  ;)     That is what most do that fly to Phils with a one-way ticket.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Keep your options open.  Occasionally AP lasts for weeks or months.  If you are planning on staying just be aware that AP is random and may be 5 days or may be 5 months.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, Hank_ said:

You buy a "throw-away" ticket to Hong Kong, Singapore or where ever to show onward travel.. this keep the airlines happy - they are the ones that will not let you board without a return ticket or continuing travel

Check Cebu-air or such for cheap flights .. buy it  and don't worry about using it.  ;)     That is what most do that fly to Phils with a one-way ticket.

Or just do a round trip at purchase date for the American.  Once they get visa in hand he can call airlines or go online and rebook and get his girl on the flight leaving.

That is what has worked best for me in the past.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Or just do a round trip at purchase date for the American.  Once they get visa in hand he can call airlines or go online and rebook and get his girl on the flight leaving.

That is what has worked best for me in the past.

The rebooking fee would be more than a throw-away ticket.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 10/24/2018 at 8:17 AM, John & Rose said:

Keep your options open.  Occasionally AP lasts for weeks or months.  If you are planning on staying just be aware that AP is random and may be 5 days or may be 5 months.

On this same topic, my fiance is in Manila and was not allowed to fly recently to meet me in Taiwan even though she already had a passport. They would only let her leave country if I came to Manila first.  Once she gets Visa, i hope for her to be able to purchase a one way ticket to the USA. Do you think she will be denied from leaving Philippines again even with Visa?

5 minutes ago, wyn123 said:

On this same topic, my fiance is in Manila and was not allowed to fly recently to meet me in Taiwan even though she already had a passport. They would only let her leave country if I came to Manila first.  Once she gets Visa, i hope for her to be able to purchase a one way ticket to the USA. Do you think she will be denied from leaving Philippines again even with Visa?

I’m not sure why they stopped her. Other may know. If she has the visa, CFO sticker and pays the travel tax she should be good to go. Was it the travel tax that stopped her?  I am taking Tose and the kids to Hong Kong and Macau in a couple weeks. I hope there isn’t something that we are missing. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
8 minutes ago, wyn123 said:

Do you think she will be denied from leaving Philippines again even with Visa?

As long as she also has a CFO sticker and pays the travel tax the Philippine immigration will let her leave, https://rapidvisa.com/country-info/philippines/cfo-seminar-philippines/:

All Filipinos going abroad as fiancées, spouses or family members of foreign nationals are required to attend the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO sticker. You can’t leave the airport without it. This is a requirement of the Philippine government, not the United States government.

You will also need to present this certificate together with your visa, at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

2 minutes ago, TM92 said:

As long as she also has a CFO sticker and pays the travel tax the Philippine immigration will let her leave, https://rapidvisa.com/country-info/philippines/cfo-seminar-philippines/:

We are going to Hong Kong but they don’t have CFO stickers because the stickers are attached to their visas which they don’t have. I am wondering what kind of issues they may have just going to Hong Kong for a long weekend. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I’m not sure why they stopped her. Other may know. If she has the visa, CFO sticker and pays the travel tax she should be good to go. Was it the travel tax that stopped her?  I am taking Tose and the kids to Hong Kong and Macau in a couple weeks. I hope there isn’t something that we are missing. 

Knowing you John, you probably are.  😂😂

YMMV

17 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Knowing you John, you probably are.  😂😂

LOL

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.