payxibka

Petition approved

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I am bringing my dvd collection this time including a portable dvd player.   She thinks she can rent the DVDs for a few pesos a night 

That is awesome! Im going back on December 10-18. Luckily I will be down there for her birthday and our anniversary :D

We are staying in Manila for 2 nights too, ever heard of the Nobu hotel Manila?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Me too.  I support them but that isn't proof of the relationship.  It took PLDT forever to hook us up but it has been a pretty solid 25 mbps for 1899 pesos a month.  It really helps the communication and they have Netflix too!

We have PLDT at our home in the Philippines also, been very reliable.   

+ We have an OBI (VOIP using Google Voice) there with a U.S. phone #, family there can call here and we can call there for free .. talk all day if we choose.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

+ We have an OBI (VOIP using Google Voice) there with a U.S. phone #, family there can call here and we can call there for free .. talk all day if we choose.

Yup.  Google voice here as well

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

That's nice, she is in Davao, Mindinao, and she doesn't want PLDT cause she has heard its unreliable. But we use Facebook messenger as our go to and Iphone Facetime.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

That is awesome! Im going back on December 10-18. Luckily I will be down there for her birthday and our anniversary :D

We are staying in Manila for 2 nights too, ever heard of the Nobu hotel Manila?

Never been to Manila.   Don't want to go 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

That's nice, she is in Davao, Mindinao, and she doesn't want PLDT cause she has heard its unreliable. But we use Facebook messenger as our go to and Iphone Facetime.

Pldt is faster than my connection here when it's up 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Never been to Manila.   Don't want to go 

You don't fly out of Manila? We're going there because #1 why not, #2 its closer to the airport than risking it on the same day from Davao lol

Timeline
9 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

You don't fly out of Manila? We're going there because #1 why not, #2 its closer to the airport than risking it on the same day from Davao lol

Nope.   Fly into cebu.   Flights to quite a  few destinations.   Rumors a direct flight from lax is coming .  I am 3 hops no matter unless I want a 19 hour layover in Tokyo but that will never happen 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

21 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Nope.   Fly into cebu.   Flights to quite a  few destinations.   Rumors a direct flight from lax is coming .  I am 3 hops no matter unless I want a 19 hour layover in Tokyo but that will never happen 

Ick!!!  Nothing like a 19 hour layover to prepare for a 14 hour flight!

I love my Cathay Pacific flight.  It is only 50 minutes in Hong Kong between flights.  That is a little scary at first but they do a great job moving people around.  Never missed a flight yet in 10 trips.  One time it was just 15 minutes between leaving one plane and being on the other.  There was a little running involved.  

One EVA flight that was late assured me they would get me on my plane for my flight from Taipei to Chicago and they did.  They had a cart waiting for me and they held the Chicago flight.  I was the last on and they kicked some butt to get me on that plane.  They even had the people move to let me off the plane first.  Asians are so polite.  I doubt if any Americans would have moved out of the way for me.

Oh, do yourself a favor and get Global Entry!!!!  It is amazing.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I love my Cathay Pacific flight.  It is only 50 minutes in Hong Kong between flights.  That is a little scary at first but they do a great job moving people around.  Never missed a flight yet in 10 trips.  One time it was just 15 minutes between leaving one plane and being on the other.  There was a little running involved.  

One EVA flight that was late assured me they would get me on my plane for my flight from Singapore to Chicago and they did.  They had a cart waiting for me and they held the Chicago flight.  I was the last on and they kicked some butt to get me on that plane.  They even had the people move to let me off the plane first.  Asians are so polite.  I doubt if any Americans would have moved out of the way for me.

Actually 19hrs after a 13 hr flight but same difference.   Not in my lifetime.   I was in Seoul  and experienced Asiana boarding an entire A380 in less than 35 minutes.   That would never happen with a  us airline .  I too am a big fan of Cathay Pacific .  I also enjoy the Korean airlines,  love it that the entire flight crew bows for the passengers right before they begin the safety demonstration 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

One EVA flight that was late assured me they would get me on my plane for my flight from Taipei to Chicago and they did.  They had a cart waiting for me and they held the Chicago flight.  I was the last on and they kicked some butt to get me on that plane.  They even had the people move to let me off the plane first.  Asians are so polite.  I doubt if any Americans would have moved out of the way for me.

Oh, do yourself a favor and get Global Entry!!!!  It is amazing.

19 hour layover 0.0

My longest layover was 3 1/2 hrs lol, and yes.  had a chinese woman in Hong Kong walk me and a group of americans all the way to our next flight haha

Facebook messenger...Everyday...Most reliable for her...I am starting to despise Chatheads))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Facebook messenger...Everyday...Most reliable for her...I am starting to despise Chatheads))))

You can turn chat heads off

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.