payxibka

Petition approved

104 posts in this topic

Entrance and exit stamps in passport.

Boarding passes for international flights that corresponded to stamps.

Internal boarding passes for flight to and from Manila and Dipolog that fell within the corresponding passport stamps.

5 photos. One of which was us in front of her high school in the province. They always paint the name and location on the roof)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, payxibka said:

But all of that fluff gets sent to the embassy and it is additional ####### that they must also sort through and based on other factors the embassy could make such a conclusion.  The receipts standing alone shouldn't but after reviewing the totality of the situation,  who knows 

About it being seen as a financial relationship: Yeah, I didn't think of that. It was never much at all, just enough to be like, 'go get yourself something nice' or 'get something from a restaurant' you know like 20-50 usd. It was never thousands or anything like that, I would be so upset if that is how they viewed it 😢  

I was looking at it like 'I have nothing to hide' and I sure don't want an RFE. So I just sent it all organized for them (of course they take it out and mess it up). Like I included an engagement ring receipt and a picture of us together with her wearing it. Everything was signed and dated; EVERYTHING. 

What should we do for the interview once we get approved? Just be as consistent as possible which is easy because its all true stuff lol

1 minute ago, EliAnon said:

About it being seen as a financial relationship: Yeah, I didn't think of that. It was never much at all, just enough to be like, 'go get yourself something nice' or 'get something from a restaurant' you know like 20-50 usd. It was never thousands or anything like that, I would be so upset if that is how they viewed it 😢  

I was looking at it like 'I have nothing to hide' and I sure don't want an RFE. So I just sent it all organized for them (of course they take it out and mess it up). Like I included an engagement ring receipt and a picture of us together with her wearing it. Everything was signed and dated; EVERYTHING. 

What should we do for the interview once we get approved? Just be as consistent as possible which is easy because its all true stuff lol

Tell the truth. Only answer the questions asked. Don't babble))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Honest, truthful and concise answers.   We are talking about Manila,  one of the most consistent and reasonable IV units in the system

YMMV

Timeline
25 minutes ago, payxibka said:

But all of that fluff gets sent to the embassy and it is additional ####### that they must also sort through and based on other factors the embassy could make such a conclusion.  The receipts standing alone shouldn't but after reviewing the totality of the situation,  who knows 

So what are you saying here, the embassy could make such a conclusion on? Also, what about the receipts? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, EliAnon said:

So what are you saying here, the embassy could make such a conclusion on? Also, what about the receipts? 

Of course the embassy could,  if it was Lagos you could almost guarantee they would.   Which receipts are you referring to?

YMMV

5 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

You have already included the receipts so there is nothing you can do about it. They understand that the Philippines is a poor country and some send money from time to time. If asked just tell the truth.

Western Union...I believe payxibka

Edited by boris64

Timeline
1 minute ago, boris64 said:

You have already included the receipts so there is nothing you can do about it. They understand that the Philippines is a poor country and some send money from time to time. If asked just tell the truth.

Western Union...

I'm pretty sure that they suspect that we all do it or have done it to some level.   I certainly have,  but since it doesn't lend credibility to anything its something that isn't brought out

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, boris64 said:

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Of course the embassy could,  if it was Lagos you could almost guarantee they would.   Which receipts are you referring to?

Dang, I really never thought of it like that. I was sitting there thinking it would make us look more serious and committed (dumb *facepalm*)

We will tell them the honest truth. The only receipts I could see that would give us trouble according to you two are our 'Western Union' receipts of me sending her some money every month. 

The receipts from our stay in the philippines together, along with itenerary receipts of flights there are all good (including engagement ring receipts with the pic of us together and her having it on). Those are all good.

Edited by EliAnon

Timeline
Just now, EliAnon said:

Dang, I really never thought of it like that. I was sitting there thinking it would make us look more serious and committed (dumb *facepalm*)

We will tell them the honest truth. The only receipts I could see that would give us trouble according to you two are our 'Western Union' receipts of me sending her some money every month. 

And it most likely is a non issue but simply be aware 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

And it most likely is a non issue but simply be aware 

Alright, I will make sure she has a heads up. But first, Prayers for our NOA2 🙏

Timeline
4 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

The receipts from our stay in the philippines together, along with itenerary receipts of flights there are all good (including engagement ring receipts with the pic of us together and her having it on). Those are all good.

Those are fine.  Engagement ring is fluff but its fine

YMMV

Just now, EliAnon said:

Thank you both for your time and answers. 

Good luck) and try to relax...

Timeline
Just now, EliAnon said:

Thank you both for your time and answers. 

Btw,  what province is your fiancee from

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.