Syd&Jaim

Do I need physical copy of NOA1?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Everyone! 

I feel a bit ridiculous- but in the middle of a big house move, I have seemed to have misplaced my physical copy of the NOA1. I have read that I will 100% need my NOA2 once received, but does anyone know if I will ever need to present NOA1 in the future? Please let me know!

Cheers,

Sydney and Jamie

I don't think the NOA1 matters as much as the NOA2 (from what I know). I still have the original copy of each one. It seems they usually ask for the NOA2 for most things, from what I know.

Edited by barashka

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sambar said:

I didn’t need a copy of either 1 or 2. Unless they are needed for AOS 🤔

I have just read you need form I-797 (NOA2) for AOS. Nothing about NOA1 for it 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485Checklist

:) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There's some information on the print NOA2 that you'll need, but I guess it's also on the actual visa so you don't need to get a duplicate if you lost it. There's nothing you need from the print NOA1.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline

Massive thank you to you all!! Will 100000% make sure to keep track of my NOA2 but it seems like the NOA1 doesn't matter which is great. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Syd&Jaim said:

Hey Everyone! 

I feel a bit ridiculous- but in the middle of a big house move, I have seemed to have misplaced my physical copy of the NOA1. I have read that I will 100% need my NOA2 once received, but does anyone know if I will ever need to present NOA1 in the future? Please let me know!

Cheers,

Sydney and Jamie

You do not need petition NOA1 for anything.

K1 NOA2 Is file with AOS as proof your adjustment is based on an approved petition and of course marriage to a USC. 

Down the road  a few years, you will have to remove conditions on your two-year greencard right before it expires. That NOA one will say your green card is extended 12 or 18 months. It's your proof that your expired card has been extended while you wait on approval of the ten year greencard. It's the only NOA1 I can think of that is important to have. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Syd&Jaim said:

Massive thank you to you all!! Will 100000% make sure to keep track of my NOA2 but it seems like the NOA1 doesn't matter which is great. 

You need the date of filing on Noa1, for I-134,page 4

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jenna Ting said:

You need the date of filing on Noa1, for I-134,page 4

That is for the date of filing a petition for somebody else in the past. It's not the date of filing a petition for the current fiancé. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

That is for the date of filing a petition for somebody else in the past. It's not the date of filing a petition for the current fiancé. 

No. It's all included. I asked an immigration lawyer. That's for some ppl are the relatives, not the petitioner to fill out this form 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jenna Ting said:

No. It's all included. I asked an immigration lawyer. That's for some ppl are the relatives, not the petitioner to fill out this form 

And we have an immigration agent to help us with this form. So I'm pretty sure about it. My friend applied a  K Visa for his fiancee(now is his wife),he also told me to put in the current fiance on page 4 ,item 26-37

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.