msa1234

IR-1 Case 221(G) Islamabad- asked to submit evidence of matrimonial relationship

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I had my interview on 10th September 2018 at Islamabad consulate and at the end of the interview CO kept my passport and I was given 221(g) sheet asking to submit: 

1. Wedding photos and pictures of our time together
  2. Emails, chats
  3. Copies of my wife's passport pages showing entry and exit stamps

We submitted everything asked on CEAC only(as I was told) on 4th October. It has been more than a week but I don't see any change in the last update date.

Questions:

• Is it normal for no change in last update date after submitting the documents online?
  • How long should I wait before making an inquiry?
  • How long do they normally take to process such information?
  • Anyone else who submitted documents only at CEAC and did not sent by mail?

Here is some background information. We have been married for almost 3 years now (got married in the US). 1st year we lived apart while I got back to Pakistan. My wife moved to Pakistan almost 2 years ago and has been living here since then (besides going back home a couple of times). We had our Nikah after 6 months of my wife moving to Pakistan (My family had not met her before this as we were living in a different city). Shortly after that, we moved to my parents home as I switched jobs. We had been living with my family for almost a year now.

On 10/13/2018 at 4:27 PM, msa1234 said:

Hi,

I had my interview on 10th September 2018 at Islamabad consulate and at the end of the interview CO kept my passport and I was given 221(g) sheet asking to submit: 

1. Wedding photos and pictures of our time together
  2. Emails, chats
  3. Copies of my wife's passport pages showing entry and exit stamps

We submitted everything asked on CEAC only(as I was told) on 4th October. It has been more than a week but I don't see any change in the last update date.

Questions:

• Is it normal for no change in last update date after submitting the documents online?
  • How long should I wait before making an inquiry?
  • How long do they normally take to process such information?
  • Anyone else who submitted documents only at CEAC and did not sent by mail?

Here is some background information. We have been married for almost 3 years now (got married in the US). 1st year we lived apart while I got back to Pakistan. My wife moved to Pakistan almost 2 years ago and has been living here since then (besides going back home a couple of times). We had our Nikah after 6 months of my wife moving to Pakistan (My family had not met her before this as we were living in a different city). Shortly after that, we moved to my parents home as I switched jobs. We had been living with my family for almost a year now.

Same evidence asked from me 

And I m administrative processing since January 2018

Timeline
20 hours ago, Engr017 said:

Same evidence asked from me 

And I m administrative processing since January 2018

Did your case get updated automatically after uploading the documents on CEAC?

Is yours also an arranged marriage?  I have heard of many couples from Pakistan that are stuck in AP for a long time due to the country (high fraud) and arranged marriages.  It is a double whammy there.  I hope all works out well.  Both the high fraud country and the arranged marriages cause a very long manual background check.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 10/16/2018 at 1:08 AM, John & Rose said:

Is yours also an arranged marriage?  I have heard of many couples from Pakistan that are stuck in AP for a long time due to the country (high fraud) and arranged marriages.  It is a double whammy there.  I hope all works out well.  Both the high fraud country and the arranged marriages cause a very long manual background check.  

No, mine is not an arranged marriage.

3 hours ago, msa1234 said:

No, mine is not an arranged marriage.

I hope things move for you quickly. We realize some countries get a much closer look than others. I hope you have some good news soon. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 7 months later...
Timeline
7 hours ago, asfandyar said:

can you please tell me how long your administration processing took? How long did it take for them to update status first time? I got into administrative processing two weeks ago. I uploaded the things they asked for very same day but there's no status update uptill now.

After about 2-3 months of submitting my documents they went me DS5535.  And its still in AP.

I got the first update date change after about 20 days or so.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.