291 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
15 minutes ago, kellyk said:

FYI the bank letter was a bit of a nightmare for me. I am with Bank of America and they could not get the part about total deposits correct. They kept printing the same incorrect letter at least 7 times after many visits/phone calls/snail mail. It's what we wound up using, and I also just created my own statement with all my deposits, saved to pdf and printed. Be sure to have someone from the bank sign the letter as that doesn't seem to be customary. 

Oh jeez. Ok well I will try my best then. Did you get your letter signed? I haven't received direction from the Embassy yet but I thought I saw that somewhere online. 

3 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

PM sent

Photos can be done at Farmacia Arrocha.  There is one near Via Espana that we used.  They have to be the "American Style" passport photos.

I would wait on the police certificate until you have the appointment date.  They are only good for 30 days.  It only takes 2 or 3 days for you to get one. 

The singleness (certificado de soltera) is something that she has to get from the DIJ.  Basically, it's a statement from the government stating that she is single and able to marry.  My fiancée isn't Panamanian, so I didn't have to do this step.  There are others who can probably go into greater detail.

You don't have to attend the interview, but it helps. PM me if you have any questions or need suggestions for a cheap red eye flight.

You are the man T!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

LOL so after 3 weeks of receiving the NVC notification but not hearing from the Embassy...I emailed the Embassy just simply asking on the status. Sure enough, a few hours later, they emailed me back with all the instructions, also this was all in reply to the inquiry I sent. Moral of the story for all of those who have not gotten to this stage yet...email them soon after you know your package was forwarded to the Embassy from the NVC.

Now to get everything else in order... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
14 hours ago, vdsanctis said:

Hi everyone, can anyone post the ATLAS website? Ive been told to create a profile but I have no idea where. Thanks guys!

I can't attach the document or the screenshots, but these are the instructions that the embassy sent to me:

Step 1 / Paso 1 

Go to this link and create a profile: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister?country=Panama&language=en_US Note: If you already had a profile, please login 

Visite este enlace y cree un perfil: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister?country=Panama&language=es Nota: Si usted ya tiene un perfil, por favor ingrese al sistema 

Please fill your information and submit.  Por favor llene su información y prosiga.

Step 2 / Paso 2 

Once you reach to your dashboard, select: New Application / Schedule Appointment. Una vez usted esté en su cuenta, seleccione: Nueva Solicitud de Visa / Programar Cita. 

Step 3 / Paso 3 

Please select IV Address Registration and Continue. Por favor seleccione IV Address Registration y Continuar

Step 4 / Paso 4 

Please select your “Visa Class” and Continue. Por favor seleccione el “Tipo de Visa” y Continuar. 

Step 5 / Paso 5 

Please fill your information and Continue.  Por favor llene su información y Continuar

Step 6 / Paso 6 

Please click "Add by Name" if you would like to add delivery information for others in your party, if not, please Continue. Por favor haga click en “Agregar por Nombre” si usted gusta añadir información de otras personas que están aplicando con usted, de lo contrario Continuar. 

Step 6 / Paso 6 

Please specify Documentation Delivery to pick up your Visa if your application is approved. Por favor especifique el lugar de entrega de sus documentos para recoger su Visa si la misma es aprobada. 

Step 7 / Paso 7 

Please click "Printable Version", print the confirmation, and bring it with you to your interview. 

Favor hacer clic en "Versión para Imprimir”, imprimir la confirmación, y llevarla con usted a su entrevista. 

Thank you for your register Gracias por registrarse 

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Timeline

Hey Guys - once again let me say how helpful this thread has been...truly a blessing. I am getting ready to send the email to the embassy with p3 docs (DS-160 confirmation, Atlas Confirmation, Passport Data pages, i-134 & Supporting documents, Banco General Receipt), and just have some final questions:

1. On the DS-160 I believe there is a question of where your fiancee intends to live/stay. Back when I filled out the i-129f in May, for this same question I put my family home address (parents' house) because that's where I was living at the time. However, I signed an apartment lease recently that would start in November (only my name is on the lease currently), but this is where we plan to live. Should we put the apartment address for the lease I just signed / or my family home address (where we would live in the interim depending on when she gets here)? I am nervous to put information that conflicts with the i-129f. 

2. For the i-134 there is a part asks "Do you intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person in Part 2?" (the person in part 2 being the beneficiary). "If yes, indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions you intend to make in Part. 7 Additional Information." Whether or not I plan on giving my fiancee "an allowance" or whatever or financial situation may be, I understand as far as the US Government is concerned, she is my responsibility. Is there a "best practice" in answering this question? For those of you who have had success so far, what did you put? (did you attach a page outlining specific amount of $, or just stating that you generally will support them with food, a place to live etc.?)

Timeline

1.  Please put your address.  Also, make sure that your fiancée knows the address.  She will more than likely be asked this info at the interview and POE.

2.  Answer "no."  In Part 7 (Additional information) on line 3.d put:  N/A (filing 129F for my fiancé to being K1 Visa process for permanent residence).

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Timeline
1 minute ago, TandClaudia said:

1.  Please put your address.  Also, make sure that your fiancée knows the address.  She will more than likely be asked this info at the interview and POE.

2.  Answer "no."  In Part 7 (Additional information) on line 3.d put:  N/A (filing 129F for my fiancé to being K1 Visa process for permanent residence).

Thanks for the response, T! for #2 that makes total sense. 

To clarify for #1 - do you think I should put the address of the apartment I just leased for November, or my parents' address where I currently live? As I said I just don't know if conflicting with the i-129f is an issue if I put the address for the apartment on the DS-160, and also on the i-134 I'll have my physical address currently/mailing address as my parents', because again that's where I currently live. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crj95 said:

Thanks for the response, T! for #2 that makes total sense. 

To clarify for #1 - do you think I should put the address of the apartment I just leased for November, or my parents' address where I currently live? As I said I just don't know if conflicting with the i-129f is an issue if I put the address for the apartment on the DS-160, and also on the i-134 I'll have my physical address currently/mailing address as my parents', because again that's where I currently live. 

I understand now.

Put where you currently live.

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Timeline

Hi all - when paying the $265 for the Interview at Banco General, it says explicitly on the website: "DO NOT print multiple copies of the same deposit slip. You must have a unique deposit slip for each transaction."

And then it says "Imprima dos copias de esta volante de depósito y preséntelas al momento de hacer el pago de la tarifa de visa. Esta volante de depósito es válida solamente para una person" which basically translates to "Print 2 copies of this bank slip and present them"

Is it two copies or one?

Thanks!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Crj95 said:

Hi all - when paying the $265 for the Interview at Banco General, it says explicitly on the website: "DO NOT print multiple copies of the same deposit slip. You must have a unique deposit slip for each transaction."

And then it says "Imprima dos copias de esta volante de depósito y preséntelas al momento de hacer el pago de la tarifa de visa. Esta volante de depósito es válida solamente para una person" which basically translates to "Print 2 copies of this bank slip and present them"

Is it two copies or one?

Thanks!

Never mind - this is all set!

Timeline

Hi Guys - I'm sorry to be posting again. But does anyone have experience with their K-1 Fiance(e) having dual citizenship? My fiancee (beneficiary) has both Panamanian and Spanish passports. However, she has never lived in Spain or stayed there for 6 months or more. We are applying for the visa through her Panamanian passport. She lives in Panama and always has. 

- Should I send copies of both passports in the initial email?

- In i-134 "Country of Citizenship/Nationality" I'm assuming I should list both countries.

Does anyone see any other issues/things I should keep in mind with this?  

Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, Crj95 said:

Hi Guys - I'm sorry to be posting again. But does anyone have experience with their K-1 Fiance(e) having dual citizenship? My fiancee (beneficiary) has both Panamanian and Spanish passports. However, she has never lived in Spain or stayed there for 6 months or more. We are applying for the visa through her Panamanian passport. She lives in Panama and always has. 

- Should I send copies of both passports in the initial email?

- In i-134 "Country of Citizenship/Nationality" I'm assuming I should list both countries.

Does anyone see any other issues/things I should keep in mind with this?  

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.  I would have only sent a copy of the Panama Passport and only listed Panama as country of citizenship.  The simpler, the better.

Congratulations on the interview date.  Keep us posted how everything goes between now and then.

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.